Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 394 of 402 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    JTR improves both the D and O at the C position. If we didn't get Springer I'd go for a JBJ/JTR combo signing. JBJ would have fixed the D in CF at a slight cost to Grich's O, but JTR would have more than made up for the o an D over Jansen to compensate that. JTR now would be over kill in terms of where we need to use that salary to fix our bigger holes.

Arenado's contract is probably the worst (or will be) in the league. He's owed 7/234 for an AAV of 33.4mil. He would cripple us worse than Tulo. However, if I were to trade Vladdy, I'd do it this year for Bieber and Ramirez hands down. I'd even throw in Kirk, Groshans and they would probably say no until I'd throw in Grich .
    I donít at all understand why you would possibly want JBJ still. Pretty expensive 9th inning defensive sub. Even as a lefty he shouldnít be taking ABís from anyone else on this team imo. Dudes need ABís to develop and establish.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít at all understand why you would possibly want JBJ still. Pretty expensive 9th inning defensive sub. Even as a lefty he shouldnít be taking ABís from anyone else on this team imo. Dudes need ABís to develop and establish.
    I don't. That was my plan B if we didn't sign Springer. Go for both JTR and JBJ. Now both are somewhat pointless as we need to fix our SP, INF and RP before we even think about a C replacement.

Let me also go on the record, glad we got Springer was my first choice of FA need. AAV is fine, contract length I'm not fond of as it's probably going to hurt us down the road.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 01-22-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Every AB isn't the same. You can't just drop him down in the order and assume the same (or better) production. Some people thrive with no one on base, some people thrive with RISP and some people just hit all the time. Your 3 best hitters go 1,2,3 now. As that is their best chance to hit an extra time each game. The running totals are good for the players and their contracts when they hit FA, but what coaches (....and what we as fans should....) care about is the best hitter(s) on the team getting the most AB's in each game. If anyone gets 5+ PA's in a game, it should be your best hitter, as that is what gives you the best chance to win.

I don't. That was my plan B if we didn't sign Springer. Go for both JTR and JBJ. Now both are somewhat pointless as we need to fix our SP, INF and RP before we even think about a C replacement.

Let me also go on the record, glad we got Springer was my first choice of FA need. AAV is fine, contract length I'm not fond of as it's probably going to hurt us down the road.
    Ok I misunderstood. I personally like our infield once we add a 3b. Iím cool with brichette and biggio up the middle. With springer we have pretty impressive hitting up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Every AB isn't the same. You can't just drop him down in the order and assume the same (or better) production. Some people thrive with no one on base, some people thrive with RISP and some people just hit all the time. Your 3 best hitters go 1,2,3 now. As that is their best chance to hit an extra time each game. The running totals are good for the players and their contracts when they hit FA, but what coaches (....and what we as fans should....) care about is the best hitter(s) on the team getting the most AB's in each game. If anyone gets 5+ PA's in a game, it should be your best hitter, as that is what gives you the best chance to win.
    If we are discussing biggio here... do you think heís in our top 3 hitters? I personally do not.

Tons of teams fielded their best hitters outside the top 3 lineups sjnce it fits the team better.

We've had Revere leading off despite having JD, JB, EE, Tulo, Martin on the team.

We batted Olerud 5th because it made sense at the time despite White not being a top 3 hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Tons of teams fielded their best hitters outside the top 3 lineups sjnce it fits the team better.

We've had Revere leading off despite having JD, JB, EE, Tulo, Martin on the team.

We batted Olerud 5th because it made sense at the time despite White not being a top 3 hitter.
    Revere was the best leadoff hitter we've had since the great Reed Johnson <3
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Revere was the best leadoff hitter we've had since the great Reed Johnson <3
    I liked Revere and wish we didnt trade him (though we did need some reliever help).

If we are discussing biggio here... do you think heís in our top 3 hitters? I personally do not.
    Are there 3 other hitters you want at the plate with the game on the line though?
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

I liked Revere and wish we didnt trade him (though we did need some reliever help).
    I think I'm the biggest Revere fan on this forum and I understood the trade as well. If only Colabello had popped before the 2016 season. That would've freed up the DH spot for Edwin and given Revere an OF spot.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

That's also the traditional philosophy on leadoff hitters, high speed, low power atop the line up. Analytics favours a top hitter/obp player to lead off.

I mean Mike Trout hits second.

Tons? u sure about that. Show some examples

Well Im not gonna go through each team but the last 3 world series champs had Bellinger, Soto and Martinez hit outside the top 3 at major stretches thebyear they won the title.

That's also the traditional philosophy on leadoff hitters, high speed, low power atop the line up. Analytics favours a top hitter/obp player to lead off.
    And generally to hit your best hitter second instead of the traditional third.