Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 369 of 373 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5581
  1. #5521
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant what Atkins has now or what he had when he took over. It's funny that you picked what he has now because I thought you felt that he took over a team that was ripe for contention not a team needing to rebuilt.

    I'll admit, I haven't watched many games. I chalk it up to being busier in my personal life and the shittiness of the product on the field. I do still follow the team and understand the path they are taking and am fine with the progression so far.

    During AA's time here how many times were your excited about the team? Before the '25 trade deadline there wasn't much.

    I'm not as bullish as Reed is about the FO but they've been very good. Say what you. They've graduated a lot of top end players from the minors and they seem to have another group ready to go with Martin surely being their third top ten prosect in all of baseball. This FO has built the vast majority of this and it's probably one of the most enviable positions in baseball. Credit given when due.

    2023 is five years from '17 when they really started the "rebuild" so that's fair. He's going to have prove that he can trade for or sign ML talent. I mean, signing Betts and trading Groshans in a deal for a top end stater would go a long way. That's not as easy as it sounds but it he can supplement this team, he could have a bright future
    I can't help but get excited. Correct me if I'm wrong but Sanchez is the only 1st round pick that actually made it to the majors under AA? Had the season not have been postponed then Pearson would've been Atkins 3rd 1st round pick to be promoted. Groshans won't be far behind either. We grew so accustomed to either not signing 1st rounders or watching them be busts that we forgot how important they really are.

    Bichette, Zeuch, Pearson, Martin, Groshans, Manoah and Warmoth. So far 1 of those players has potential to be a bust. Wouldn't be surprised to see the rest in the majors.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #5522
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,866
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I can't help but get excited. Correct me if I'm wrong but Sanchez is the only 1st round pick that actually made it to the majors under AA? Had the season not have been postponed then Pearson would've been Atkins 3rd 1st round pick to be promoted. Groshans won't be far behind either. We grew so accustomed to either not signing 1st rounders or watching them be busts that we forgot how important they really are.

    Bichette, Zeuch, Pearson, Martin, Groshans, Manoah and Warmoth. So far 1 of those players has potential to be a bust. Wouldn't be surprised to see the rest in the majors.
    I'm excited as well, I'm just ready to anoite him the GOAT yet. There's still a lot of work to do but there should be zero complaints about the drafting and development so far. Sanchez was a supplemental first round pick so not a true first in the true sense of the term. Stroman is the only guy I got so far off the top of my head.

    Obviously Warmoth is a bust. I'd say there's a legit chance Zeuch doesn't amount to much. There's. Also a good chance that Manoah ends up in the BP, but all in all, no one should have any gripes with the drafting and development of young players so far with this FO.
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 06-28-2020 at 12:18 PM.

  3. #5523
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm excited as well, I'm just ready to anoite him the GOAT yet. There's still a lot of work to do but there should be zero complaints about the drafting and development so far. Sanchez was a supplemental first round pick so not a true first in the true sense of the term. Stroman is the only guy I got so far off the top of my head.

    Obviously Warmoth is a bust. I'd say there's a legit chance Zeuch doesn't amount to much. There's. Also a good chance that Manoah ends up in the BP, but all in all, no one should have any gripes with the drafting and development of young players so far with this FO.
    I said he might be able to one day rival the GOAT. For now he's a year or two away from becoming the 2nd best GM we've ever had.

    I'm not holding my breath for Zeuch. If he becomes a back end starter then I wouldn't really call him a bust though as expectations were never really high. Manoah is a guy I'd even consider dangling in trades if the return is sweet enough. I'd like to wait with him though. I get that he's a reliever converted to a starter but if he progresses through the minors like Pearson did then that's another massive frame with more bullets in the chamber than most pitchers his age. He could still make a solid reliever too.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #5524
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,033
    Manoah is in the player pool along with SWR. I dont think there is going to be as long of a wait as you think with him. I dont think he's gonna throw as hard as Pearson, but he's another big frame with a big overpowering arm. I think when the likes of Anderson and Roark are gone he will be in the mix to replace them.

    Also, I think Zeuch will likely be trade bait at some point with the amount of mlb ready SP's they have right now, but he's 6'7 with 3 solid pitches. He may be turned into a very effective reliever where his stuff would play up a bit more, but I see him being moved at the deadline or next off season in a package for an elite OF bat.

    Groshans needs to stay healthy, but there's a reason whey he's so high on BA's list. I think he will be traded before he makes it to the majors as well. There just wont be room for him.

  5. #5525
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,727
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Manoah is in the player pool along with SWR. I dont think there is going to be as long of a wait as you think with him. I dont think he's gonna throw as hard as Pearson, but he's another big frame with a big overpowering arm. I think when the likes of Anderson and Roark are gone he will be in the mix to replace them.

    Also, I think Zeuch will likely be trade bait at some point with the amount of mlb ready SP's they have right now, but he's 6'7 with 3 solid pitches. He may be turned into a very effective reliever where his stuff would play up a bit more, but I see him being moved at the deadline or next off season in a package for an elite OF bat.

    Groshans needs to stay healthy, but there's a reason whey he's so high on BA's list. I think he will be traded before he makes it to the majors as well. There just wont be room for him.
    I posted about the player pool in the ST Primer thread but it's definitely exciting to see those names. I doubt Manoah or SWR get used as starters though unless it's a last resort. I don't even think Manoah will be brought in as a starter this year TBH and I'd be okay with that. If he gets to see MLB bats out of the pen I'd be very happy. I imagine guys like SWR, Manoah, Kloff, Pardinho and Kay will all be vying for Roark and Anderson's spots. Although I have very high hopes for SWR and think he and Pearson will be the front end of the rotation for years to come.

    I'd have no problem with trading Zeuch. Whether he's trade bait or not depends on how he pitches but then again, Atkins turned Hutch into a very useful package.

    I just have a feeling they're going to use Martin in CF in order to work a possible spot at 3B for Groshans. Everyone seems to be high AF on the guy. If not then yes, he'll be the odd man out.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #5526
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,526
    How will there be no room for Groshans? Assuming all of these guys pan out and stick (which is usually a big assumption), I see room for Groshans at 3B.

    Theoretically in a couple of years you can move Guerrero Jr. across the diamond to 1B with Bichette and Biggio rounding out the IF along with Gurriel Jr. in LF and Martin in CF with RF TBD.
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 06-29-2020 at 09:56 PM.

  7. #5527
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    How will there be no room for Groshans? Assuming all of these guys pan out and stick (which is usually a big assumption), I see room for Groshans at 3B.

    Theoretically in a couple of years you can move Guerrero Jr. across the diamond to 1B with Bichette and Biggio rounding out the IF along with Gurriel Jr. in LF and Martin in CF with RF TBD.
    he is on the list

  8. #5528
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,033
    Guys like SWR and Manoah arent going to see regular season games this year, but like other teams they have included some top prospects in their pool so that they can continue to work and get reps this season.


    I dont think we can pencil too many guys in long term at one position at this point. The right side of the infield could be Biggio and Tellez, or it could be Panik and Shaw. Right now I think Bichette is our SS, LGJ is our LF and just about everywhere else is a battle.

    i would treat the entire season like ST if I was Montoyo and Atkins. They need to answer a lot of questions before 2021 imo.

  9. #5529
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,987
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Guys like SWR and Manoah arent going to see regular season games this year, but like other teams they have included some top prospects in their pool so that they can continue to work and get reps this season.


    I dont think we can pencil too many guys in long term at one position at this point. The right side of the infield could be Biggio and Tellez, or it could be Panik and Shaw. Right now I think Bichette is our SS, LGJ is our LF and just about everywhere else is a battle.

    i would treat the entire season like ST if I was Montoyo and Atkins. They need to answer a lot of questions before 2021 imo.
    An interesting take. I do think it is another big transition year for this group. A lot of those placeholder guys need to produce or be moved on from. I don't know how long we'll see guys like Hernandez, Alford, Mckinney, Fisher, Drury. That said, if they get off to a quick start, I expect Montoyo and Atkins to try to push for wins.

  10. #5530
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,866
    It's going to be a tough slog for the Jays. They only play something like 13 out of 60 games against teams who had a losing record last year.

  11. #5531
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It's going to be a tough slog for the Jays. They only play something like 13 out of 60 games against teams who had a losing record last year.
    I expect the same. But I'm leaving space for strange things to occur in a weird season like this.

  12. #5532
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It's going to be a tough slog for the Jays. They only play something like 13 out of 60 games against teams who had a losing record last year.
    The NL East is the division that really makes it tough for us. It’d be fun to face Stroman though. Are the Yanks still all banged up?

  13. #5533
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,727
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    An interesting take. I do think it is another big transition year for this group. A lot of those placeholder guys need to produce or be moved on from. I don't know how long we'll see guys like Hernandez, Alford, Mckinney, Fisher, Drury. That said, if they get off to a quick start, I expect Montoyo and Atkins to try to push for wins.
    As do I. I can imagine they’ll just ride whoever is hot in RF. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 or 4 of the names you listed get cut.

    Imagine if the kids get off to a hot start and that ends up being enough to get into the post season. Getting a taste of post season baseball at such an early stage in their careers would be such an advantage. It’s crazy to think that a 10 game win streak out of the gate could greatly effect post season chances. I have a lot of optimism considering this team is so full of youth.

  14. #5534
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,087
    If everything breaks just right (even though it never does), you’d have teoscar in left and LGjr in right. LG showed a great arm from the OF last season. I hate the idea of wasting vlads arm at 1B. I would really like him to get some reps on leftfield too.

  15. #5535
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,087
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If the Jays don't make it to the playoffs by 2022 then I'll remove your quote from my sig. If they do then you have to put, "R. Johnson#3 was right about everything. Ross Atkins is my daddy." In your sig.
    So I’m not sure you are fully grasping what your saying here.
    You think this team will make the playoffs before Martin even makes in to the ML, or in his rookie year? Before the Young pitchers have had a chance to establish themselves and Figure out ML hitters?

    You have said before that you think McGuire is gonna be a stud and Atkins is rivalling gillick For GOAT, so you are fully on the side of optimism which is fine. I just want to hear you say that you understand what you’re predicting before I negotiate any sig bets.

    Like how do you picture this all going down lol?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •