Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 447 of 447 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447
Results 6,691 to 6,696 of 6696
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think the Jays made 3 quality additions to the team at the deadline with Bass, Pop and "2 hit Whit"....and all 3 are still under control for next year too.

Bass has been great. He's 2-0 over 23.2 IP with 27 K's and a 1.52 ERA.... and has been dominant against RHBs with that slider.

Pop has been solid too. He's 1-0 over 17 IP with an ERA of 2.02...and that 97 mph sinker is nasty.

Whit is heating up at just the right time. If you take a closer look at the numbers, he went 7 for 19 with a BB and 8 RBIs in the 6 games against TB. He also went 5 for 16 with 5 BBs in the 7 games against NY. I think there is a very good chance he's our starting 2B in the playoffs no matter who is healthy. I know Espinal was an all-star, but baseball is a game of "what have you done for me lately?"...especially in the playoffs when you can't afford to wait out a slump from someone at the plate, so I think they will ride the hot stick of Merrifield.

The way they are swinging right now, I would actually like to see the following against the Orioles tested out for the playoffs:

CF- Springer
    SS- Bo
    1B- Vlad
    RF- Teo
    DH- Kirk
    C- Jansen
    2B- Whit
    LF- Tapia
    3B- Chapman

Chapman had a great July, but has actually struggled the last 2 months with an OPS around .680....with 71 Ks in 56 games. If he wasn't possibly the best defender in the league I would say sit him, but he has too much playoff experience and too good of a glove at the hot corner not to play him.
    Agree with sliding Chapman down the order. If Teo stays hot in Baltimore Iím for batting him cleanup too. Kirk makes more contact overall so heíd be the safer choice but when Teo gets hot, heís one of the best bats in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I never said the offseason was a failure. Iím glad (was then, and still am) they didnít sign semien or ray to those deals and Iím not upset at the gaus contract yet.
    Sure it would have been nice in hindsight if they signed a 2b but at the time I still believed in biggio.

Iím just saying I want to see an obvious upgrade somewhere (preferably the offence, hopefully 2B) rather than the obvious downgrades we got from this last offseason.

I want to be the best in the league.
    We already are the best in the AL and 3rd overall. That's pretty good, not as good as 21 when were .796 OPS and #1 in the league, but .760 is still pretty good, better than the WS teams of the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    We already are the best in the AL and 3rd overall. That's pretty good, not as good as 21 when were .796 OPS and #1 in the league, but .760 is still pretty good, better than the WS teams of the 90's.
    Biggio and espinal make a very good platoon on paper.
    Whit will be given a chance to start next year as well. Iím good with 2b for a few years
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think the Jays made 3 quality additions to the team at the deadline with Bass, Pop and "2 hit Whit"....and all 3 are still under control for next year too.

Bass has been great. He's 2-0 over 23.2 IP with 27 K's and a 1.52 ERA.... and has been dominant against RHBs with that slider.

Pop has been solid too. He's 1-0 over 17 IP with an ERA of 2.02...and that 97 mph sinker is nasty.

Whit is heating up at just the right time. If you take a closer look at the numbers, he went 7 for 19 with a BB and 8 RBIs in the 6 games against TB. He also went 5 for 16 with 5 BBs in the 7 games against NY. I think there is a very good chance he's our starting 2B in the playoffs no matter who is healthy. I know Espinal was an all-star, but baseball is a game of "what have you done for me lately?"...especially in the playoffs when you can't afford to wait out a slump from someone at the plate, so I think they will ride the hot stick of Merrifield.

The way they are swinging right now, I would actually like to see the following against the Orioles tested out for the playoffs:

CF- Springer
    SS- Bo
    1B- Vlad
    RF- Teo
    DH- Kirk
    C- Jansen
    2B- Whit
    LF- Tapia
    3B- Chapman

Chapman had a great July, but has actually struggled the last 2 months with an OPS around .680....with 71 Ks in 56 games. If he wasn't possibly the best defender in the league I would say sit him, but he has too much playoff experience and too good of a glove at the hot corner not to play him.
    Donít disagree with anything youíre saying, but just some clarification. - we were talking specifically about the offseason. I donít hate what he did this trade deadline, especially if he was saving payroll/bullets for a bug addition the upcoming offseason.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; Yesterday at 03:43 PM. Reason: Said offseason, meant to say deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    *kylo ren meme* ďmore! I want more!!Ē Haha

Donít disagree with anything youíre saying, but just some clarification. - we were talking specifically about the offseason. I donít hate what he did this offseason, especially if he was saving payroll/bullets for a bug addition the upcoming offseason.
    Unfortunately, I donít think payroll/budget is necessarily set up like that for them( from one year to the next).

Whereís the 25m or so we supposedly were willing to spend on freeman?

If still there, I let stripling go and chase Carlos rodon.

Piggyback Kikuchi and Pearson and white in the 5 spot. Be creative. Only needed til tiedemann gets here.