Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 257 of 260 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 3894
    Bichette had a great season

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    NH wins game 1 by a score of 3-1 in 10 innings behind a solid start from Zeuch (1 ER over 6 IP with 4 BB's and 4 K's) and an outstanding night from the bullpen. ..including another scoreless inning with 2 K's from Bergen in the 10th for the save.

Looking back at their regular season totals, NH had a pretty foolish lineup even without Vlad...:

Bichette: .286/.343/.453 with 11 HR's, 7 3B's and 43 2B's... He also had 48 BB's, 74 RBI's and 32 SB's. Post all-star break he slashed .326/.383/.505 with 21 2B's in 46 games.

Biggio: .252/.388/.499 with 26 HR's, 5 3B's and 24 2B's... He also had 100 BB's, 99 RBI's and 20 SB's.

Ramirez: .320/.365/.471 with 11 HR's and 37 2B's...He had just 28 BB's but drove in 70 and stole 16 bases. Post all-star break he slashed .344/.377/.523 with 20 2B's in 48 games.

Also, Pentecost started slow so his overall numbers weren't that impressive, but in August he slashed .375/.381/.650 with 6 HR's, 4 2B's and 22 RBI's in 20 games. So he was definitely settling in to that level of competition. Not bad for someone who caught over 4 times the amount of innings than any of his other previous seasons. It's good to see he was getting stronger and not fading away due to the physical demands of the position.

Our team in Buffalo is going to be unbelievable on opening day next year....
    Pentecost was named player of the month for August I believe, and Biggio was named MVP. The farm is looking good. I feel like the developmental team is much better than it has been in a long time.

Biggio and Tellez are the wild cards to me. If Biggio's power surge was no fluke he is a left handed power hitting 2B who can hit in the middle of a lineup and produce. Tellez has incredible natural power to all fields. If he starts trying to lift the ball a little more he could easily become a 30+ HR type of hitter. I think if you put him in a lineup with hitters like Vladdy, Bichette, Biggio, Ramirez, Jansen, Davis and Alford next year he would put up some seriously good numbers.

Imagine what that buffalo team on opening day is going to look like with all the depth they have on the 40 man roster...we could easily see:

Davis- CF/RF
    Bichette- SS
    Guerrero- 3B
    Tellez- 1B
    Jansen- C
    Biggio- 2B
    Ramirez- LF
    Alford- RF/CF

That would be an insane AAA squad for scouts....then by end of the season they could swap Vladdy and Jansen for Kevin Smith (...if he starts the year in AA and performs like he did this year in A ball) and Pentecost.

If there’s an upside to the Blue Jays’ decision to avoid promoting Vladimir Guerrero Jr. for service-time reasons — which is to say if even the dumbest of clouds has a silver lining — it is in the arrival of Rowdy Tellez. The burly 23-year-old, who has endured not only the fall of his star as a prospect but also the recent death of his mother from brain cancer, recently began his major-league stay with a bang while taking advantage of playing time that might not have been available with Guerrero’s arrival. But really, what the hell more do you need to know before you embrace a player who acquired the nickname of Rowdy while still in the womb?
    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...-rowdy-tellez/

Pretty long article on Rowdy. Worth the read.

The Lost Boys of PSD

NH wins again. This time behind a strong start from Jon Harris. They are now up 2-0 in the Eastern League Finals. If they weren't gonna let Vladdy go to the majors, I wish they would have let him go back down to win another championship with Bo and Cavan in NH before going to the AFL. There's nothing like playoff baseball to build bonds between teammates. They won the FSL last year, they are gonna win the Eastern League this year and will most likely win the International League next year.

Biggio and Tellez are the wild cards to me. If Biggio's power surge was no fluke he is a left handed power hitting 2B who can hit in the middle of a lineup and produce. Tellez has incredible natural power to all fields. If he starts trying to lift the ball a little more he could easily become a 30+ HR type of hitter. I think if you put him in a lineup with hitters like Vladdy, Bichette, Biggio, Ramirez, Jansen, Davis and Alford next year he would put up some seriously good numbers.

Imagine what that buffalo team on opening day is going to look like with all the depth they have on the 40 man roster...we could easily see:

Davis- CF/RF
    Bichette- SS
    Guerrero- 3B
    Tellez- 1B
    Jansen- C
    Biggio- 2B
    Ramirez- LF
    Alford- RF/CF

That would be an insane AAA squad for scouts....then by end of the season they could swap Vladdy and Jansen for Kevin Smith (...if he starts the year in AA and performs like he did this year in A ball) and Pentecost.

I think the Jays should shop around Alford otherwise they might lose him in the Rule 5. I'm not sold on him anymore . Too many injuries not enough numbers to prove me wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I think the Jays should shop around Alford otherwise they might lose him in the Rule 5. I'm not sold on him anymore . Too many injuries not enough numbers to prove me wrong .
    Agree 100%. The perfect trade would land a grich style break out candidate except a SP. Similar to what Morrow was.

It's tough to give up on Alford so quickly after a wrist injury. It was just the end of last season when he broke a bone in his wrist, otherwise he probably would have played all last Sept and possibly started the season as their LF instead of signing Granderson.

That being said though, I would too....lol There isn't much room for the people who were in AAA this year. I would be shopping (at least) all of the following:

Alford
    Ramirez
    McGuire
    Davis
    DSJ
    Urena
    Pompey
    Hernandez
    Pillar
    Travis
    Martin
    Morales
    Solarte
    Smoak

I think they could get back some pretty solid assets if they move all of those players.

Man, a good as our future looks, SD and TB both look to have a heck of a lot of talent on the way. In this years all minor league team, if the player isn't from TB, they have an honorable mention that was close to winning that position. They are already playing a tonne of rookies and still winning games with only 2 or 3 real SP's on their roster, and they aren't going away time soon.

Man, a good as our future looks, SD and TB both look to have a heck of a lot of talent on the way. In this years all minor league team, if the player isn't from TB, they have an honorable mention that was close to winning that position. They are already playing a tonne of rookies and still winning games with only 2 or 3 real SP's on their roster, and they aren't going away time soon.
    Probably because they dealt their stars when they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Probably because they dealt their stars when they should have.
    Apples and oranges. We hold on to ours generally with the idea of resigning them. They trade them away knowing they have no chance to re-sign them.

I'd have to look in to how they acquired all those prospects, but at a quick glance TB looks like they drafted and signed them as IFA's for the most part.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how Pearson does in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I’m really looking forward to seeing how Pearson does in the AFL
    he'll need to show something because he'll be entering his age 23 season still in Low A with a total of 22 innings under his belt. its not his fault that he's been hurt but the road is paved with guys with good arms but couldnt stay healthy.

sooner or later he needs to put some milage on the arm and show he can handle regular innings, that was the one question about him when he was drafted as even in Junior college he was a reliever, except the final half of his last season and even then he wasnt in a top program.

Pushing him up the ladder might not be in his best interests because he needs repititions more than he needs to be challenged
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 09-15-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Apples and oranges. We hold on to ours generally with the idea of resigning them. They trade them away knowing they have no chance to re-sign them.
    I've been saying since 2017 that JD should have been dealt.