Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 410 of 417 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6253
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Pearson should be in bullpen. May be good closer someday. He was great in pen last year in playoffs. Starting is ruining him
    Since day one I always thought this. I always thought he's overthrowing and trying hard which lead to his injuries.

Throwing 106 mph IMO should not be a starter .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Since day one I always thought this. I always thought he's overthrowing and trying hard which lead to his injuries.

Throwing 106 mph IMO should not be a starter .
    He doesn't throw that fast. deGrom, Cole, Castillo, Glasnow, Woodruff all throw 97MPH and up and are successful as SPs.

Pearson's issue might be injuries, which might cause him to overthrow and vice versa. He's had shoulder and leg/groin injuries which typically mean he's either fragile or over compensating for one reason or another when he pitches.

I still believe he can be a quality SP or a dominant RP. The training staff has to figure out how/why he's always getting injured or he will turn into another Carpenter, Morrow or League.

I think he touched 104 though.

I do get the point though. I started to feel like he was obsessed with velocity rather than being a great pitcher. The things he says in interviews about getting to 110 and ****. Focus on location and stuff, far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

I do get the point though. I started to feel like he was obsessed with velocity rather than being a great pitcher. The things he says in interviews about getting to 110 and ****. Focus on location and stuff, far more important.
    I never picked up on that at the time, but in hindsight I think youíre totally right.

If he was healthy right now Iíd
    Say bring him up as a reliever right now. And hatch and add borucki. Now you have a bullpen. Our biggest weakness

That's what I think too! You really don't need to throw that hard in the Majors.

You use Cimber when it was a 2-run game not now in a blow out. Montoyo you $%#%

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    You use Cimber when it was a 2-run game not now in a blow out. Montoyo you $%#%
    I think I have made my views on Montoyo known with his managing, especially his bullpen use.

Draft is tonight.

Draft is tonight.
    Trying to follow along a bit. I feel like the Red Sox grabbing Mayer is a bit like Martin falling to us last year.

Our pick is coming up soon.....give me a big power college pitcher please.

Hoglund. Considered top 10 before Tommy John this year apparently. College pitcher. The concept appeals to me

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I havenít followed this years draft prospects much, but this makes a ton of sense to me. I like it a lot better than the Jay Allen projections mocks had for us.

I like the idea of taking the guy with the highest ceiling. TJ is so common now. Just get it out of the way.