Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Predict Breakout Season

So... who do you think will have a breakout season this year and take that leap from to

Harrison Barnes?
    Ben McLemore?
    Tobias Harris?
    Tony Snell?

Someone else?

I think Draymond contends for 6th man if he doesnt start over lee

Ross is a good bet, I usually look at players in their 3rd year when trying to predict breakouts. I expect Drummond to take the leap, MKG, Terrence Jones and Jeremy lamb to all prove they are gonna be in this league a long time. I look at guys like Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, Enes Kanter, Brandon Knight and Iman Shumpert as all having borderline allstar potential, I am just waiting for some of those guys to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    Ross is a good bet, I usually look at players in their 3rd year when trying to predict breakouts. I expect Drummond to take the leap, MKG, Terrence Jones and Jeremy lamb to all prove they are gonna be in this league a long time. I look at guys like Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, Enes Kanter, Brandon Knight and Iman Shumpert as all having borderline allstar potential, I am just waiting for some of those guys to prove it.
    I feel like I've been waiting for Favors to break out for a couple years now... big guys are slower at developing though, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    After winning a chip and the finals mvp, how much of a "breakout" can you have? lol. He's had his breakout year.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    It's funny because I did this list last year and Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter came up a lot. Lot of people correctly identified stand-out seasons from Demarcus Cousins and John Wall. This year is a little trickier.

I think Jonas Valanciunas could take a big step forward. Then I like guys like Victor Oladipo, Tim Hardaway Jr., and somebody on the Bucks has to breakout at some point right?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    So... who do you think will have a breakout season this year and take that leap from to

Harrison Barnes?
    Ben McLemore?
    Tobias Harris?
    Tony Snell?

Someone else?
    I don't think any four of those guys will break out. I wish Harris would, but I see much of the same for all-4.

I think Bennett will improve upon his rookie year in huge ways.
    Giannis is always a good choice
    CJ McCollum
    I think Beal has so much room for improvement still
    Jeremy Lamb
    Beverley
    Hey what's up?!

Drummond
    Anthony Davis- He should be a undisputed top 5 and probably #3 player next season
    Darren Collison
    Tony Snell
    Otto Porter?- somebody has to pick up the slack (and minutes) for Ariza leaving
    Bennett- will look alot better

Hope it's Avery Bradley. He's slowly been getting better and better. Boston just signed him to 4 yrs 32 mil which could be a bargain if he can continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    After winning a chip and the finals mvp, how much of a "breakout" can you have? lol. He's had his breakout year.
    People still underrate him. They won't say nothing after he wins another one. I'm glad you at least know he had a breakout year.

Giannis.
    Hardaway Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    People still underrate him. They won't say nothing after he wins another one. I'm glad you at least know he had a breakout year.
    People still underrate him? Really?

I mean, I guess the team effort by the Spurs might be the greatest I've seen in a finals, at least one of the greatest. So I can sort of get why people might underrate him by thinking it's unfair to single out one player.

But still, any basketball fan worth his salt can see Leonard had a great year. Especially in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast