Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Will Dwight Howard win another DPOY award again?

In 2008-2010 season Howard racked up three consecutive DPOY awards. Last three seasons Chandler, Gasol and Noah have been better.

Will he get a 4th one or even more? Wallace and Mutombo both have four DPOYs. Dwight is 3rd on the list with three DPOYs.

Could he be already past of his defensive prime or is it just the injuries that are holding him back...or maybe being in a bad defensive team like D'antoni's Lakers and Rockets?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Hey now these threads aren't allowed! Of course Dwight will win DPOY every year until he retires.

3. 07-30-2014, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Stop embedding images it's not allowed - SFrush90

Just to add no he will never win one again.... He's not even close to the defensive beast he once was.

5. 07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Hey now these threads aren't allowed! Of course Dwight will win DPOY every year until he retires.
    What?

Since he had that back injury in 2011 season his game has never been the same especially defensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

7. 07-30-2014, 12:31 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Stop embedding images it's not allowed - SFrush90

8. 07-30-2014, 12:31 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

And to answer the question; NO.
    When Ewing tells you to change your sig:

Doubtful. While he's mostly returned to form on offense since his back/shoulder injury, his defense hasn't recovered the same.

"Blake Griffin. You are nothing more than a high school bully!"

Regardless of the stupid PSD-mandate about Rockets-related threads, this obsession with Dwight from Lakers fans is kinda hilarious.

Will he? I don't ****ing know. Maybe. Maybe not.

Can he? Perhaps. He finished 8th last year. He was 6th in DRPM (behind KG, Sanders, Duncan, Gasol, Bogut). He's gonna have to get those blocks up because I'm sure voters care about stuff like that. And Houston's team defense will have to improve.

It's possible. Probable? Not really. Thread-worthy?
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    What?

Since he had that back injury in 2011 season his game has never been the same especially defensively.
    No no. Dwight is the greatest C of all time. He's perfect at everything. Will probably win the next 7 MVP awards too

No he probably won't.

But he's on a team where he doesn't need to be the best defensive player in the league for them to be a contender. I've read the Houston hate on the board, and I completely get that they made mistakes. But they have good defenders at every position, and Howard being DPOY would only be a bonus.

Reported for disrespecting the Sacred Fanbase.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Coilz View Post
    No he probably won't.

But he's on a team where he doesn't need to be the best defensive player in the league for them to be a contender. I've read the Houston hate on the board, and I completely get that they made mistakes. But they have good defenders at every position, and Howard being DPOY would only be a bonus.
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic on the second part and making fun of how we can only say nice things about HOU otherwise they'll get all in their feelings. You don't honestly believe that Harden is a good defender, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Regardless of the stupid PSD-mandate about Rockets-related threads, this obsession with Dwight from Lakers fans is kinda hilarious.
    this!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic on the second part and making fun of how we can only say nice things about HOU otherwise they'll get all in their feelings. You don't honestly believe that Harden is a good defender, do you?
    I knew someone would bring up Harden lol. I gave him a slight pass because of what he does offensively. It's a stretch to call him a "good defender" I'd admit.

A stretch?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast