• John Stockton

0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

PSD's Official #8 Player of All Time

Voting for #7 has concluded and PSD's Official #7 NBA Player of all time is....

Hakeem Olajuwan

21.8 PPG | 11.1 RPG | 2.5 AST | .513 FG | 3.1 BPG | 23.59 PER

Achievements:

12 time All-Star
    2 NBA Championships
    1 Time MVP
    2 Time Finals MVP
    2 DPOY Awards
    6 Time All-NBA First Teamer
    5 Time All-NBA Defensive First Teamer
    Led in Rebounding 2x
    Led in Blocks 3x
    Most Blocks Recorded in NBA History for the Season
    Most Career Blocks Recorded in Playoff History and Highest Blocks Average

Voting

Hakeem Olajuwon 33
    LeBron James 26
    Larry Bird 23
    Kobe Bryant 20
    Bill Russell 4
    Oscar Robertson 1
    Charles Barkley 1
    Kevin Garnett 0
    David Robinson 0
    Elgin Baylor 0
    Karl Malone 0
    Moses Malone 0
    George Mikan 0
    John Stockton 0
    Jerry West 0

The List:

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Wilt Chamberlain
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Shaquille O'neal
    6. Tim Duncan
    7. Hakeem Olajuwan

To compensate for the lack of nominations, and some poor ones, in the past I've re-shuffled the list a tad. We didn't need 20 people on this, especially some guys who will go in the late-20s. Nominating will continue to be hugely helpful though, so please keep doing it.

Please vote, explain and nominate...per the usual.

Also, I will start the official Top-50 List thread sometime in the near future for carryover debates. Like this one
    Last edited by ManRam; 07-14-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I think I have to go Russell here. I'm happy he's fallen to a more fair position, but 8 is probably about right. I'm sure the Kobe/LeBron crowd will steal all the votes, again. But Kobe absolutely isn't above Russell, and Lebron still has some work to do. But I'm gonna let it all marinate before I vote.

The fact that Hakeem lasted until 7 is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust View Post
    The fact that Hakeem lasted until 7 is just wrong.
    The fact that Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant, and LeBron James are going after him is just wrong.

PSD's Official #8 Player of All Time

I'm just looking at this. Omg I can't believe your all so naive to vote shaq anywhere near the top 20 players of all time. He was a TERRIBLE fundamental basketball played. He was big. That's it. You can't stop him because he was just born as a massive man. That doesn't make him a good basketball player. Unbelievable how ludicrous this is. Shaq should have fouled out in the first half of every game he played in.

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    I'm just looking at this. Omg I can't believe your all so naive to vote shaq anywhere near the top 20 players of all time. He was a TERRIBLE fundamental basketball played. He was big. That's it. You can't stop him because he was just born as a massive man. That doesn't make him a good basketball player. Unbelievable how ludicrous this is. Shaq should have fouled out in the first half of every game he played in.

I'm gonna assume you're just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post

I'm gonna assume you're just kidding.
    Not at all. I can name AT LEAST 15 players that I would take before Shaquille. Just my opinion.

Pathetic. Pathetic pathetic pathetic. BIRD should have gone 3rd, 5 or 6 latest. Absolute garbage by PSD he's not even picked at possibly 8 yet.

Solidifies my belief in him being the most underrated player on this site.

Lol lebron and Kobe voting too since 1 spot. Ruining this list for good

Not at all. I can name AT LEAST 15 players that I would take before Shaquille. Just my opinion.
    Name them.

It doesn't matter how you're good, it just matters that you are. Doesn't matter to me if you're getting by on skill, talent, size, strength, athleticism or whatever combination of it. Results and production are all that matters.

And the foul thing is a joke. The guy got clobbered on offense all the time...and just because he was so big it was often let go.

You can take your 15 skilled guys over Shaq, but I'll take Shaq and he'll still destroy most of them. And if it's purely because of his massive size (it wasn't solely because of that) so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Pathetic. Pathetic pathetic pathetic. BIRD should have gone 3rd, 5 or 6 latest. Absolute garbage by PSD he's not even picked at possibly 8 yet.

I have given up trying to explain to people how ridiculous the Bird voting is. I just assume it reflects the age of many PSD posters, misconceptions about Bird's abilities, and a lack of posters that saw him play in his prime. That is why I find the Magic pick at #4 interesting. The irony for me is as a Knicks fan I absolutely hated Bird but his greatness is undeniable for people that watched him play in his prime or people that played against him. He could dominate games without scoring because he was such a great rebounder, and passer. He also was a pretty good defender despite some misconceptions. He could score inside and outside. He could score with both hands. He literally showed that by playing a game by shooting left handed. He was arguably one of the 2 clutchest players of all time and probably the most fearless player of all time. His compete level was off the charts.

Agreed. No way should Magic be that much higher than him. He won 3 STRAIGHT MVPs.

Ridiculous he's so low.

Probably going down to Bron vs Bird on this one. I'm still bothered by Kobe being on this list still. You would think his longevity would take him to top 5. How many points is he away from being the third all time scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS:28768711

I have given up trying to explain to people how ridiculous the Bird voting is. I just assume it reflects the age of many PSD posters, misconceptions about Bird's abilities, and a lack of posters that saw him play in his prime. That is why I find the Magic pick at #4 interesting. The irony for me is as a Knicks fan I absolutely hated Bird but his greatness is undeniable for people that watched him play in his prime or people that played against him. He could dominate games without scoring because he was such a great rebounder, and passer. He also was a pretty good defender despite some misconceptions. He could score inside and outside. He could score with both hands. He literally showed that by playing a game by shooting left handed. He was arguably one of the 2 clutchest players of all time and probably the most fearless player of all time. His compete level was off the charts.
    Yup. It makes me almost embarrassed to have an account here!

Name them.

Name them.
    Name them.
    Jordan
    Bird
    Kareem
    Hakeem
    Wilt
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Magic
    Tim Duncan
    Oscar
    Bill Russell