Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is Otto Porter and Why was he drafted 3rd overall last year??!?!?!

Seriously, I've never seen a player so forgotten in 1 year. All this talk about Wizards resigning Ariza to a huge contract and I'm saying to myself... didn't they draft SF in the lottery. Is he that quick of a BUST ala Ndubi Ebi / Kedrick Brown etc...

What a terrible pick for no. 3 overall.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Even rookies who can't get onto the court shouldn't be labeled busts after 1 year. That's really all I got. It was a weak draft, too.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I still like him to an extent. But I think his ceiling has been downgraded to good role player, and it's clear that he's a few years away.

The Wiz are in a position to be a contender in the east (emphasis on "in the east") for the next few years now, especially with the continued improvement of Wall and Beal. They got a taste of good success last year, so it makes sense for them to continue to push that by keeping the proven vets like Gortat/Ariza around that can help them win now.

Porter can be a valuable contributor for them at some point, just not next season.

"Build through the draft" should really turn into "get lucky as ****" because most draft picks turn into Otto Porter, not Kevin Durant.

This man Owes Anthony Bennett because he was just as bad but because he wasn't the #1 pick people didn't give a **** about how bad he played.

That draft was historically bad to begin with. Asides from a few good players, it was just bad. Crazy how one year and can be so good (this year) and one can suck so bad (last year). Nerlins Noel, Oladipo, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Kelly Olynyk are the only players I think that have serious potential.

This guy reminds me of Wesley Johnson for some reason.

S E A N....M A Y N E

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    That draft was historically bad to begin with. Asides from a few good players, it was just bad. Crazy how one year and can be so good (this year) and one can suck so bad (last year). Nerlins Noel, Oladipo, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Kelly Olynyk are the only players I think that have serious potential.
    Noel we don't know, but he was supposed to be the #1 pick but fell because of injury.

but yeah...

Noel
    Oladipo
    Tim Hardaway JR
    Plumlee

Bunch of possibly role players with Noel/Oladipo with a possibility of being #2's or #3 on a team.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

He didn't play most of the season wasn't he hurt

Seriously if he showed up to a night club anywhere in North America trying to get into VIP, the bouncers would say "WHO ARE YOU!?!?!"

Harsh but is he any better than Austin Daye...

In fact, I'd go as far to say Jared Jefferies has more talent in his left pinky than Otto Porter has shown. I'm merely picking these players based on body build.

Best case scenario (Rashard Lewis/Tayshaun Prince)
    Worst case scenario (Otto Porter) lmao
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Quote Originally Posted by WITZ View Post
    This man Owes Anthony Bennett because he was just as bad but because he wasn't the #1 pick people didn't give a **** about how bad he played.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    Noel we don't know, but he was supposed to be the #1 pick but fell because of injury.

but yeah...

Noel
    Oladipo
    Tim Hardaway JR
    Plumlee

Bunch of possibly role players with Noel/Oladipo with a possibility of being #2's or #3 on a team.
    No mention of the Greek Freak Giannis Antetokounmpo? Kid may have highest upside of all in last years draft and has even grown to 6 ft 11.

Have to add ROY MCW in that mix as well.
    Last edited by muelly; 07-10-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    While it may take a couple more years, don't be surprised if you hear more about Alex Len and Archie Goodwin. Both guys, in the limited minutes they received, showed some real talent. Barring injury, I believe at least one of these guys will be talked about more by seasons end.

I'm not so quick to throw away a player based on a rookie season look at Trevor,Tmac,and many others I know were in the right now generation nobody wants to wait any more but give him time

Yes, let's call a player a bust after one year.

I love that logic.

No. I dont.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast