0 0%
  • Eric Bledsoe

0 0%
  • Isaiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Brandon Jennings

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #4 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

1) Chris Paul
    2) Russel Westbrook
    3) Stephen Curry
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

2013 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Tony Parker
    3) Russel Westbrook
    4) Stephen Curry
    5) Kyrie Irving
    6) Deron Williams
    7) Rajon Rondo
    8) Mike Conley
    9) John Wall
    10) Ty Lawson

2012 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Russell Westbrook
    4) Deron Williams
    5) Rajon Rondo
    6) Tony Parker
    7) Steve Nash
    8) Kyrie Irving
    9) Kyle Lowry
    10) Ty Lawson

2011 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Russell Westbrook
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Rajon Rondo
    7) Tony Parker
    8) Jason Kidd
    9) Chauncey Billups
    10) Stephen Curry

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Deron Williams
    2) Chris Paul
    3) Steve Nash
    4) Rajon Rondo
    5) Derrick Rose
    6) Chauncey Billups
    7) Russel Westbrook
    8) Tony Parker
    9) Jason Kidd
    10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Deron Williams
    3) Chauncey Billups
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Derrick Rose
    7) Devin Harris
    8) Rajon Rondo
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Steve Nash
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Baron Davis
    5) Tony Parker
    6) Jason Kidd
    7) Chauncey Billups
    8) Gilbert Arenas
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Andre Miller

Parker by a landslide.

Why TP by a landslide? He had a pedestrian regular season and was worse in the playoffs.

Lowry, Conley, Lillard, Wall... all of these guys could make a case over TP as individual talents. Bledsoe and Dragic were probably better than him while they were on the court this year too. Parker's still a very good PG, but he definitely had a down year, and going on 32 it might be a sign of what's to come. I'm fine with the lifetime achievement nod here, but he was in no way on a different level (at least, not in a good way) then some of the other names on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Why TP by a landslide? He had a pedestrian regular season and was worse in the playoffs.

Lowry, Conley, Lillard, Wall... all of these guys could make a case over TP as individual talents. Bledsoe and Dragic were probably better than him while they were on the court this year too. Parker's still a very good PG, but he definitely had a down year, and going on 32 it might be a sign of what's to come. I'm fine with the lifetime achievement nod here, but he was in no way on a different level (at least, not in a good way) then some of the other names on the board.
    This is where it gets tough... My heart says TP as in toilet paper lol JK I couldn't help myself anyway but my mind says otherwise imma hold my vote for a bit.
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH
    Colin Kaepernick keep sitting in the face of ignorant people!
    I fully support your cause I applaud you!

contract year Lowry had the best campaign out of any remaining option. is he better then the next handful of guys? based off last season alone I'd have to give it to him.

Lawson should be an option.

Honestly, I like Parker, but I think Wall, Llilard or Irving will be better this upcoming season.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Honestly, I like Parker, but I think Wall, Llilard or Irving will be better this upcoming season.
    Yeah. I think individual play next season could have Parker down towards 8 or 9 honestly. Even this year, he wasn't actually the 4th best PG if we're looking at individual play. He just had a tremendous amount of team success and those other intangible things. But it was his worst year in quite some time (maybe 2010). I think Lowry clearly had a better individual season, for example, but I don't mind the Spurs' team success giving Parker the nod. Conley, Lillard, Irving (especially since TP doesn't play defense either), Wall and Lawson were right there too. I think very little, if anything, separates them except for the fact that Parker is a veteran and a "winner".

I'm not sure who I vote for here. Kinda wanna go Lowry. But it doesn't matter since TP is running away with it.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Lowery, imo, is gonna be high....but he's one of those 1 or 2 year things.

He'll be ok for maybe 1 or 2 more years but he won't reach these hieghts again.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Are we really counting the playoffs when in fact Lowry had a horrible playoffs, Wall was horrible as well, Dragic/Bledsoe didn't even make the playoffs? Why judge TP for doing bad in the playoffs (He didn't do bad, just not as many opportunities considering Spurs just destroyed Miami with anyone on the court), but we give everyone else a pass? Only Lillard had a better playoff performance - and there is no reason to believe he was better than TP in the regular season.

hard to decide between wall and parker, but im going with wall here

Damn when is Ty gonna get his due, not even on the list? hell its a toss up between him and lowry for me after tony parker and maybe Wall

Obviously im biased but still, he deserves way more credit than he gets

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Are we really counting the playoffs when in fact Lowry had a horrible playoffs, Wall was horrible as well, Dragic/Bledsoe didn't even make the playoffs? Why judge TP for doing bad in the playoffs (He didn't do bad, just not as many opportunities considering Spurs just destroyed Miami with anyone on the court), but we give everyone else a pass? Only Lillard had a better playoff performance - and there is no reason to believe he was better than TP in the regular season.
    Tony Parker wasn't better then any of those guys during the regular season and was good enough in the playoffs.
    Stay Humble

Next round should definitely be interesting with Wall/Lilliard/Rondo/Kyrie

Bigger stats does not mean better player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast