Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Didn't realize this was the New York Knicks forum.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Chandler is a top 5 center? You are in for a huge disappointment if you think that.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Move along.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

From what I've been reading from many of the Knicks fans on this site it seems like many of them are disappointed in Chandler because he wasn't a scorer, also that some think he quit on the team. If that was what they were expecting from Chandler I can see why they would be disappointed. The Mavs already know he's not a scorer. That's not what they need him to do. They need him to be a rim protector, get some offensive rebounds, and catch an ally oop dunk every now and then. I also would only expect him to play about 30 min a night during the regular season.

As for him quitting on the team, seems to me like the whole team quit last year not just Chandler. He'll be back on a winning team so motivation should not be a problem.

Our medical staff and coaching staff will the most out of him. No doubt in my mind. Only person more excited about this trade than Dirk, is Tyson Chandler. You can bet he's stoked to reunite with Carlisle and his coaching and roster management.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

nice start
    need an quality backup for him !!!

will chandler push our chance of signing an Typ A+ FA ??

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

I'm exactly sure what the rules are but if Dalembert is bought out by the Knicks or whoever they trade him to can the Mavs resign him to be Chandler's backup?

I'm not exactly sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I'm exactly sure what the rules are but if Dalembert is bought out by the Knicks or whoever they trade him to can the Mavs resign him to be Chandler's backup?
    If the Knicks waive Sam, we have to wait 1 season to sign him. If the Knicks trade him and the new team acquiring him waives him he's eligible to sign with Dallas.

Interesting and funny though, that our front office realized that they had made a mistake by letting him go. However I don't expect the same player back that he was during his first stint but still, he's a great upgrade and his leadership/attitude is needed on court and in the locker.

Wondering about two things. What happens with Felton? Another washed up player catched up by us.

And the second, hopefully tghis was just the beginning for a greater plan. Lots of talent in free agency available. Mavs moved ahead, seem too look serious this time in FA, got in position for further aquisitions. Let's see if it's only to get another player in our typical, yearly deal with the Lakers or if it's more than that.

I think it's unnecessary to name who's on the table, let's get a shot or two. All good things come in threes. Not only out of #41 hands

Knick fans need to understand we got out from that Jose contract.. That was a huge bonus for us since Harris was going to be our starter anyways

We can't have a back up pg for 7.4m a year

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Our medical staff and coaching staff will the most out of him. No doubt in my mind. Only person more excited about this trade than Dirk, is Tyson Chandler. You can bet he's stoked to reunite with Carlisle and his coaching and roster management.
    Tyson and his camp said they feel "great!" About the trade

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Our medical staff and coaching staff will the most out of him.
    yea that's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18:28679086
    Didn't realize this was the New York Knicks forum.
    so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B:28678756
    I think one thing Knick fans need to factor in when it comes to Chandler's play last year is that the Knicks sucked. His first year in NY he played great. He carried over all that positive energy he had after winning the title in Dallas. But after a couple of years being in a losing culture robs you of your motivation. Suddenly those aches and pains that you could play through when you're winning become much harder to play through when you're losing. Now that he's back on a winning team I'm betting we won't see him miss as many games due to injury.
    also Chandler started off the season hurt and it kind of derailed him. By the time he came back, the Knicks sucked, and it was hard for him to find his rhythm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast