Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mavericks, Knicks pull off big trade Chandler Back in a Mavs Uni!

The Dallas Mavericks have reacquired center Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks, sources have confirmed to ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Jeff Goodman.

The Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, have completed a trade with the Knicks that was clinched by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard Raymond Felton as well.

The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.

The deal was first reported by Stein.

Last edited by CLMCII; 06-25-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    45 __ Raef LaFrentz __ 45
    Kansas Jayhawks 94-98 / Dallas Mavericks 01-03
    "This is the place to be. This is the team of the future. Last year we fell short of our long-term goal. But we're young and going to have a large window. I feel good to be a part of it." - Raef LaFrentz Feb. 2002

Will they keep Raymond Felton?

Last edited by CLMCII; 06-25-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    45 __ Raef LaFrentz __ 45
    Kansas Jayhawks 94-98 / Dallas Mavericks 01-03
    "This is the place to be. This is the team of the future. Last year we fell short of our long-term goal. But we're young and going to have a large window. I feel good to be a part of it." - Raef LaFrentz Feb. 2002

I hope they dump Felton somehow. Never really like him.

We still have 3m cash to offer.. So we could offer Felton and 3m cash considerations..

I loved Tyson, he never should of left in the first place. I hope he's still good since I really didn't follow the Knicks this season and he got dominated in the playoffs by Hibbert last year.

Knicks fan here and not being a homer.

Tyson Chandler can still play but not as good as during your championship run. Showings sings of wear and tear/injuries.

Felton is a guy who needed a change in scenery but do not expect a productive starter. Better hope that secretly there is a plan to reunite Steve Nash with Dirk.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post

Tyson Chandler can still play but not as good as during your championship run. Showings sings of wear and tear/injuries.

Felton is a guy who needed a change in scenery but do not expect a productive starter. Better hope that secretly there is a plan to reunite Steve Nash with Dirk.

Why the hell would we want Nash and his salary? Very ignorant post.

- Tyson is a huge upgrade to Sam Dalembert, even if he's not the 2011 Tyson Chandler
    - Felton would not start over Devin Harris. Felton may not even be on the team next season.
    - Chandler is still a top 5 center in this league and greatly improves our chances at landing desirable players. Players like playing with him.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 06-25-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

and melo going to Dallas because of Chandler???
    I think They need to more?

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18:28678425
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post

- Tyson is a huge upgrade to Sam Dalembert, even if he's not the 2011 Tyson Chandler
    - Felton would not start over Devin Harris. Felton may not even be on the team next season.
    - Chandler is still a top 5 center in this league and greatly improves our chances at landing desirable players. Players like playing with him.
    Chandler is a top 5 center? You are in for a huge disappointment if you think that.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust:28678578

Chandler is a top 5 center? You are in for a huge disappointment if you think that.
    Tyson had a bad year. Prior to that he was easily top 5. 'Melo fanboys....

Yeah, Chandler just makes teams better.. defensively AND offensively. He's an elite finisher off of lob passes, and creates boatloads of extra possessions and tip ins. Some Knicks fans didn't appreciate what he brought to the table every night - usually Melo fans...

Knicks still easily won this trade though.. Chandler was as good as gone, and we got A LOT back, basically for some cheeseburger eating knobhead and an expiring contract. I hope it works out for the Mavs though..
    Last edited by Kashmir13579; 06-25-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I think one thing Knick fans need to factor in when it comes to Chandler's play last year is that the Knicks sucked. His first year in NY he played great. He carried over all that positive energy he had after winning the title in Dallas. But after a couple of years being in a losing culture robs you of your motivation. Suddenly those aches and pains that you could play through when you're winning become much harder to play through when you're losing. Now that he's back on a winning team I'm betting we won't see him miss as many games due to injury.

love having chandler back!
    hope they dump felton.
    will miss jose's control, but not his contract or his d.
    hope they can resign harris without having to over pay him now that they have no leverage.
    will miss larkin and what he might have become.
    ellington was a pro and I wish him the best.
    I hate it when they trade away all their draft picks.

wonder what's next.
    will Cuban buy a first round pick tomorrow?
    I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post

Idk about top 5 dude. I'll take an aging Chandler over an aging Calderon tho. I loved calderon and I know he tried but for all the good he does on offense, he's a liability on defense. The west is stacked with fast point guards and Calderon really puts us at a disadvantage.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast