Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    New Year, New Me. Gym here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy24 View Post
    New Year, New Me. Gym here I come.
    I think its awesome that the gyms fill up with Resolutioners. I just wish more stuck around long term.

Yesterday at the gym I had someone help me spot while I was doing 195( needed for context not for bragging) on the incline bench. After I was done that person asked me to spot him while he's doing 315 on the bench. People don't normally ask me to spot and when they do it's not that much. I was hesitant to do it because I didn't know if I was strong enough to help if the situation arose. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it and he said that was fine. I haven't talked to him much so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was being honest. I'm just wondering if I'm a bit of a jerk for not helping. If it was 275 or somewhere close I may have been able to help since I can come close to benching that myself. If he's pissed at me I would rather it be for not helping him than having the bar fall on him. Am I in the wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Yesterday at the gym I had someone help me spot while I was doing 195( needed for context not for bragging) on the incline bench. After I was done that person asked me to spot him while he's doing 315 on the bench. People don't normally ask me to spot and when they do it's not that much. I was hesitant to do it because I didn't know if I was strong enough to help if the situation arose. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it and he said that was fine. I haven't talked to him much so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was being honest. I'm just wondering if I'm a bit of a jerk for not helping. If it was 275 or somewhere close I may have been able to help since I can come close to benching that myself. If he's pissed at me I would rather it be for not helping him than having the bar fall on him. Am I in the wrong here?
    Its nothing I'd be worried about, if you said you're not comfortable then that's it, if he's pissed that's his problem.

I will say, however, for a spot really you just need to help nudge along. I doubt someone lifting that heavy would hit complete muscle failure and totally rely on you for the spot
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its nothing I'd be worried about, if you said you're not comfortable then that's it, if he's pissed that's his problem.

I will say, however, for a spot really you just need to help nudge along. I doubt someone lifting that heavy would hit complete muscle failure and totally rely on you for the spot
    yeah just stabilizing the bar is huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748