Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    holy **** you're old. I'm surprsied you know how to turn on a PC.

Heres to another 50 years of great health and happiness to you Damus!

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    holy **** you're old. I'm surprsied you know how to turn on a PC.

Heres to another 50 years of great health and happiness to you Damus!

I might have another 22 or-so left. Then all the chemicals listed on food box containers and all that ice cream and candy I ate over the years, will catch up with me. I just hope to keep all my remaining marbles until then.

Whoa, just saw the leaked Kate Upton pics and was not expecting to see a bare assed Verlander. Took me a few hours to notice he was in the picture, but still

edit: and if I'm not mistaken, there's a JV wiener pic as well
    Last edited by GuySir; 08-31-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Whoa, just saw the leaked Kate Upton pics and was not expecting to see a bare assed Verlander. Took me a few hours to notice he was in the picture, but still

There is, looks small too. Guess you can't have it all

But at the same time, does it matter when you have Kate Upton and an MVP?

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post

Hell there's videos of him banging other chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    What do you guys think of the Tigers being last in terms of the amount of times they perform a defensive shift? Do you feel they should do it more or no?
    I find it more interesting that we are last in amount of times shifted, but not last in net hits saved. To me, that suggests that Brad is trying to be "efficient" with his shifts. Also this number is net hits saved, I'd like to see gross hits saved and gross hits allowed because of the shift.

For example...The astros have netted saving 44 hits. But what if the breakdown of that net is 24 hits allowed and 68 saved. Allowing those 24 is still a bad thing and you have to wonder if some of the 68 could have been saved without the shift on.

I dunno. I've never looked too deeply into shifting. I like the shift and think it should be utilized. It seems to me that we could do a better job of it and shift more often to pull hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I find it more interesting that we are last in amount of times shifted, but not last in net hits saved. To me, that suggests that Brad is trying to be "efficient" with his shifts. Also this number is net hits saved, I'd like to see gross hits saved and gross hits allowed because of the shift.

For example...The astros have netted saving 44 hits. But what if the breakdown of that net is 24 hits allowed and 68 saved. Allowing those 24 is still a bad thing and you have to wonder if some of the 68 could have been saved without the shift on.

I dunno. I've never looked too deeply into shifting. I like the shift and think it should be utilized. It seems to me that we could do a better job of it and shift more often to pull hitters.
    I think more than anything, it shows that sometimes the shift works, and sometimes it doesn't. Can't necessarily say that if a team shifts more, they will save more hits. We have the same amount of times shifted as the Mets but have 9 more hits saved. Have the same amount of hits saved as the Angels but yet, they have shifted 213 more times than us. Does that mean that Ausmus is better at determining the 'right' time to perform a shift than Scioscia? Is Ausmus just lucky?

I don't know, analyzing this type of stat and the effects of a team shifting on a game can go any which way.

I think more than anything, it shows that sometimes the shift works, and sometimes it doesn't. Can't necessarily say that if a team shifts more, they will save more hits. We have the same amount of times shifted as the Mets but have 9 more hits saved. Have the same amount of hits saved as the Angels but yet, they have shifted 213 more times than us. Does that mean that Ausmus is better at determining the 'right' time to perform a shift than Scioscia? Is Ausmus just lucky?

I don't know, analyzing this type of stat and the effects of a team shifting on a game can go any which way.
    I don't think it's just luck. He may have better people on his team telling him when to shift. I have no idea if the Tigers have an analytic department or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. These people would help put together numbers on pitchers, hitters, etc that should help the managers make this determination.

I know you can't just use your guy feeling. That is the dumb way to approach these things.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I don't think it's just luck. He may have better people on his team telling him when to shift. I have no idea if the Tigers have an analytic department or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. These people would help put together numbers on pitchers, hitters, etc that should help the managers make this determination.

I know you can't just use your guy feeling. That is the dumb way to approach these things.
    Absolutely agree that managers have a vast amount of information that helps them make decisions on when and when not to perform a shift. Although, just because David Ortiz is labeled as a dead pull hitter, doesn't mean he will hit into the shift every time. You may have a better chance of getting him out, but a shift will not lead to an automatic out. So with that said, I think the information about the number of times a team shifts and the amount of hits they save tells you nothing of importance.

I agree with you that the shift should be utilized but determining when to do it is always just an educated guess.

Yeesh, Kershaw is absolutely dominating this season. Do you guys think he'll win the MVP?

Yeesh, Kershaw is absolutely dominating this season. Do you guys think he'll win the MVP?
    Yes. There are a plethora of reasons that he should win, but if you just want to use precedent...JV won and was not as good at anything as Kershaw is.

Even though I don't really care for all the Jeter slurp, I thought this was pretty cool:

http://mlb.com/fancave/blog/article....rId=th_twitter

Holy **** this OTT is dead

We think the Lions is bad but this is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Holy **** this OTT is dead

We think the Lions is bad but this is much worse.
    I keep meaning to post in here but nothing ever comes to mind and I just shrug it away lol

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast