Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Offseason

I don't think there is any way we get offers worth persuing for Hibbert until he's on the last year of his deal. Even then we may not get anything that's better than just letting his money come off the books unless he has an amazing year and his value skyrockets. Let's hope that happens!

Roy will be back to his 17-8 self again and I don't see ay reason we shouldn't be in that lower 3 seeds in the playoffs next year.

I hope Roy has a great year, not for his trade value, but so people can see how much Lance being on the floor stunted him. If he gets back to that player next year and they trade him...then we are looking at a group in the front office that probably should be let go.

Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Roy will be back to his 17-8 self again and I don't see ay reason we shouldn't be in that lower 3 seeds in the playoffs next year.

I hope Roy has a great year, not for his trade value, but so people can see how much Lance being on the floor stunted him. If he gets back to that player next year and they trade him...then we are looking at a group in the front office that probably should be let go.
    I'm with you on this. Roy will have every chance possible to establish himself as a dominant big man like he did in the '13 playoffs w/ PG out and Lance not here.

However, I will not be hesitant to listen to offers for Roy. This team still needs a true PG to run the show, and as long as Kyrie and Derrick Rose are with their teams, we will have a glaring weakness in the central division. I'm still not sold Phoenix is committed to Eric Bledose/Goran Dragic, and I'm ears for Rajon Rondo.

#iubb

Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I'm with you on this. Roy will have every chance possible to establish himself as a dominant big man like he did in the '13 playoffs w/ PG out and Lance not here.

However, I will not be hesitant to listen to offers for Roy. This team still needs a true PG to run the show, and as long as Kyrie and Derrick Rose are with their teams, we will have a glaring weakness in the central division. I'm still not sold Phoenix is committed to Eric Bledose/Goran Dragic, and I'm ears for Rajon Rondo.
    Here is the thing about trying to get a point to stay up with Rose and Irving etc....we are trying to play catch up to the other teams rather than punishing them in areas they are weak and punishing them for not being strong in the middle or other areas in which we are better. This is my biggest problem with Vogel....we play down to teams like Atlanta and settle for jump shots and 3s instead of forcing them to go big by punishing them inside...even when Roy isn't hitting shots, when he gets the ball the defense must respect and collapse on him and he is a very good passing center which they have completely forgotten about. If you give up a 3 every now and again and as long as a guy isn't having an "in the zone" night your 2 points in the paint at 60% are going to score more than the 3 point and jump shot attempts which are going to be closer to 30-35% most nights and aside from the crazy hot streaks should get no higher than 40-45%.

Bledsoe, Dragic, and even Rondo aren't going to out play Derrick Rose at full health much. With Lebron we aren't going to out run or out jump or out talent them....We can let Love fire away from 3...but we also must force him to be the liability he is on the defensive end no matter if he is guarding roy or West...we can't allow a stretch 4/5 beat us on offense and then allow him to skate by on defense by not forcing him to guard and settling for taking a jumper over him. This is why I don't see trading Roy for a player that is going to be a lesser (if healthy) version of what we are trying to catch up to while giving away our best advantage over those teams in Roy playing the post on offense and stopping those point guards from driving and forcing them to settle for jump shots....which isn't what Rose and at the very least Lebron doesn't want to do.

Basically our only hope is to play inside...even with PG we aren't going to out Cleveland the Cavs or out Chicago the Bulls...we have to force them to play our style instead of trying to match what they are doing. I just look at it like fights...speed usually can beat strength....until strenght gets ahold of speed, then speed is screwed. We in this case would be a bruising defensive post orientated team that may score 90 points a game but gives up 80....if we start trying to out play teams on their terms we will be a middle of the road team at best with no upside because a team with lebron will always have the advantage on that style.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-03-2014 at 02:58 PM.

If we are going to emulate a team it should be the spurs.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    If we are going to emulate a team it should be the spurs.
    No arguments there.

Sports are the part of our life.You must know that the best sports click here to know the best sports .

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223