Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I dunno why STL traded him... Miller wasn't that much of an upgrade and now he isn't even going to resign with them.
    They thought Miller would be a significant upgrade, but he wasn't as good there as he was in Buffalo where he had no help. I think Miller's another goalie that thrives the more shots that are taken on him. His save percentage in Buffalo this season was .924 and he was seeing just over 35 shots a game there. His save percentage in St. Louis was .903 and he was only seeing just under 25 shots per game. I think he'd thrive in Pittsburgh or possibly Washington. Somewhere where he could see a lot of shots, but have a talented offense around him.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    They thought Miller would be a significant upgrade, but he wasn't as good there as he was in Buffalo where he had no help. I think Miller's another goalie that thrives the more shots that are taken on him. His save percentage in Buffalo this season was .924 and he was seeing just over 35 shots a game there. His save percentage in St. Louis was .903 and he was only seeing just under 25 shots per game. I think he'd thrive in Pittsburgh or possibly Washington. Somewhere where he could see a lot of shots, but have a talented offense around him.
    Is your sig a game of thrones reference?

Is your sig a game of thrones reference?
    haha, I don't watch Game Of Thrones, so no.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

You know it but if Draisaitl falls we better pounce on him guy is lethal with the puck
    idk i still like Dal Colle because of his strength and ability to score, Draisaitl is a great player but seems to be more of a passer, bottom line if the islanders end up with either one id be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Loco View Post
    I think Boston will learn what the Yankees learned a long time ago. You can't buy championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yankees Rotation:

CC- I can beat anyone not leading a division
    AJ- I can beat anyone in the Little League WS
    Nova - I can beat anyone if you let me
    Colon - I have a giant clown head
    Garcia - I can throw as hard as Tim Wakefield
    Hughes- I was once a top prospect, you know.

My only concern with Halak is his durability, other then that he is a very talented goal tender.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...-with-ak-bars/

Report: Anders Nilsson signs with AK Bars

Anders Nilsson is leaving the Islanders, according to the Russian sports website Sportbox.ru.

The Swedish goaltender has reportedly signed a deal with AK Bars of the KHL. Nilsson is a restricted free agent and recently said that he did not want to play in the AHL next season.

“My hope and my goal is to play in the NHL,” he told Expressen.se. “But I do not want to play in the AHL. So it will not be the NHL so it will be well anywhere in Europe.”

The 24-year-old netminder appeared in 19 games for the Islanders last season. In that span he went 8-7-0, with a goals against average of 3.11 and a save percentage of .898. Since being drafted in 2009 by the Isles he has played in a total of 23 NHL contests.

1. Gaborik
    2. Cammelleri
    3. Vrbata
    4. Jokinen
    5. Michalek

My top forward wishlist for our 1st line.

1. Gaborik
    2. Cammelleri
    3. Vrbata
    4. Jokinen
    5. Michalek

My top forward wishlist for our 1st line.
    I'll take the gaborik from la not ny!!
    We got this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    I'll take the gaborik from la not ny!!
    I'd take any form of Gaborik happily.

Although I'd be fine with simply bringing back Moulson. No reason to believe that he can't keep doing what he was doing for us. We need a defender too. I wouldn't mind a veteran defender who might be a little past his prime but still has some good years left in him for a 1-2 year deal. Like a Dan Boyle type.

In reality, we just need to replace Moulson and Streit and we'll be looking at a similar team to our playoff team of last year along with Strome entering his second season and other young players coming in... along with Halak of course. I'd be content with that type of offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Id rather have Michalek over Jussi Jokinen. Michalek has scored 35 goals before. He can no doubt do that again with Tavares. Also, Michalek is a much more dynamic playmaker than people know. With Ottawa he was pressured to be the team's tops goal scorer. With JT and Okposo, his skills are better allocated. You'd have JT at something like 35 to 40 goals and Okposo and Michalek both at 25-30 goals and 35-45 assists. Michalek isn't even 30 yet, if healthy he could have some amazing years left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Id rather have Michalek over Jussi Jokinen. Michalek has scored 35 goals before. He can no doubt do that again with Tavares. Also, Michalek is a much more dynamic playmaker than people know. With Ottawa he was pressured to be the team's tops goal scorer. With JT and Okposo, his skills are better allocated. You'd have JT at something like 35 to 40 goals and Okposo and Michalek both at 25-30 goals and 35-45 assists. Michalek isn't even 30 yet, if healthy he could have some amazing years left.
    Yeah he is an extremely talented forward, just durability has been an issue for him

William Nylander.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 13m
    Bettman: "On an emotional level, he's still trying to come to grips with what he wants to do."

Here, CW. On an emotional level, we'll make it easy for you: NO ONE WANTS YOU ANYWHERE NEAR THIS TEAM ANYMORE. SELL AND GO AWAY.

Guy runs this franchise into the ground, makes comments saying he wouldn't have bought the team if he could do it all over again and now someone meets his absurdly high asking price and gives him an out and he's pulling this garbage.

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 3m

In one-on-one interview, Gary Bettman today told me an #Isles sale is not close. Source added: "No real talks going on."

D
    a
    l

C
    o
    l
    l
    e

We should go Michael Dal Colle at #5

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast