Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Happens to the Future of Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett ?

Pierce is now an unrestricted free agent. KG has 1 more yr worth $12M.

Where do the Nets go with Pierce? Resign him?

Where do the Nets go with KG? Let him play it out, or buy him out, or does he straight out retire?

He's still got some value (KG) so I think they'll ride his contract out. If he wants to retire, I could see the Nets trading him for a piece that a team wants to unload. Hell, I'd trade Frye (expiring) for KG to retire. Nets having a shooting PF wouldn't be the worst thing. They'd at least get playing time out of him.

I believe the Nets will make one more go at it next season. knowing they had a good season after finally meshing, I believe they'll wanna see how this team does with a healthy Lopez.

Its gunna be:
    Pierce
    Garnett
    Gasol
    Bryant
    Nash

And the best bench in the nba

Garnett should just retire. Next season can only be ugly for him.

Pierce really might go to the Clippers. They are legit championship contenders, have his old coach, its near his hometown, and he would probi still be the starter

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Garnett should just retire. Next season can only be ugly for him.

Pierce really might go to the Clippers. They are legit championship contenders, have his old coach, its near his hometown, and he would probi still be the starter
    He aint goin there if Sterling is still at the helm. In fact, no black player will go there this summer if the league doesn't do something quick.

PP will probably try to stick around and sign with a team to chase a title.

I don't know about KG but it is time for him to retire.

Their future is retirement, and colostomy bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    Their future is retirement, and colostomy bags.
    That's kind of a douchy statement right there, considering there are young people with GI problems who live with such things.

I have no doubt that Pierce will sign with the Clippers. He's from LA, Doc is already there, Barney is more of a backup... seems like a perfect fit

KG's bum *** needs to retire.

Pierce for all I care can join him.

those guys.

BIG 3

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    That's kind of a douchy statement right there, considering there are young people with GI problems who live with such things.
    +1
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I think both would be great for any contender to have coming off the bench. Clippers would be my first bet, but the Warriors could really use Garnett coming off the bench.

That said... the Nets can't really afford to give up Garnett without getting something back.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Garnett should retire as he was pretty awful this year despite playing a little better in the playoffs. Pierce still has value, but I'm not sure what else he has to prove at this point or what he could gain by sticking around. I could feasibly see both guys signing on for one more season in Brooklyn, or I could see a scenario where Pierce goes the Clippers or another contender. If he didn't hate Miami so much, I'd suggest he go to the Heat, but that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Pierce should sign with Miami and take a Ray Allen type of deal.

For KGs sake I hope he hangs it up. Never liked him but its still sad to see the guy going 100% and still be a shell of himself. Plus I doubt he can even take the rigors of another season.

I would bet the house Pierce comes back home and comes off the bench for Doc. Could very well be the piece that puts Clippers over the top too.

Either way Brooklyn will not have them next year, this was a true one and done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast