Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    I'm still all shaking in excitement. I never thought we had a chance at Teddy so I started to warm up to Bortles. But wow, I can't even explain how excited I am. It's going to suck to have to watch him sit on the bench even though he needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    71% completion percentage...31 TDs to only 4 INTs...in 38 games played, the guy lost only two fumbles...only two lost fumbles in three years. The guy takes care of the ball
    Bridgewater didn't have an offensive lineman AND a wide receiver on his team go in the top ten of this draft like Manzel did....

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I'm so thrilled with this pick. I'm literally

This is the guy I have really wanted since mid last season. I had never thought we could get the best QB coming out of college who was projected to be a top two pick up until his proday at pick 32. This draft is really taking shape. We have addressed our two biggest needs already. Time to get a guard and some more secondary help.
    Time to blow your load (as advertised) buddy. I agree and couldn't be happier about the #32 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I'm still all shaking in excitement. I never thought we had a chance at Teddy so I started to warm up to Bortles. But wow, I can't even explain how excited I am. It's going to suck to have to watch him sit on the bench even though he needs it.
    I woke my wife out of a dead sleep. She was so happy I did.

Manziel: http://i.imgur.com/xO2w5L7.gif

Bridgewater: http://i.imgur.com/5WbzlHv.gif

We made the right choice. Also heard we were trading up for Teddy not Johnny.

I wish we'd have waited to get a QB in the second round in all honesty. It seems like we could have gotten more total value with the two picks we traded but I could be wrong.

He'll be the starter if the team struggles and isn't in any kind of playoff contention, which is likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    He's the next Mark Brunell... Who we forget was a three time pro-bowler. Skol
    That wouldn't be a bad outcome at all.
    "Here on the field, from up close, just watching coach Vance Joseph, from here, you watch him now on the screen"- Sergio Dipp

Wait for our 8th pick in the second round and draft the 4th....5th QB in the draft? That was your plan? So we could save a 4th round pick?

I couldn't help but think "for all the people who know Manzel personally, I can only imagine how many are calling him a D-Bag to the TV right now...." Manzel is a guy who is fun to root for him to fail.

You really never know with Norv, he could have Teddy ready enough for game 1. I love the pick , Teddy was truly the best QB in this draft. The media seriously just made him look like he wasn't. Over a pro day? Naaa I'm not buying that. We got a steal at 32 and I've never been more excited. Norv + Teddy + Zimmer = Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by LT.CARDWISIE View Post
    You really never know with Norv, he could have Teddy ready enough for game 1. I love the pick , Teddy was truly the best QB in this draft. The media seriously just made him look like he wasn't. Over a pro day? Naaa I'm not buying that. We got a steal at 32 and I've never been more excited. Norv + Teddy + Zimmer = Greatness
    I agree. I have a big feeling that Bridgewater will make it tough on Zimmer to chose between him an cassel come week one. I won't be suprised at all to see him tear it up preseason and take that first snap against st louis

Quote Originally Posted by LT.CARDWISIE View Post
    Hopefully Norv can find a good say to scheme around all his flaws. All i remember reading about is how we needed a big arm guy for Norv's verticla passing game. looks like that isn't what he wants anymore. Here's to hoping that I'm wrong. SKOL!!
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

well now you all can stop whinning about needing aqb. in reality they needed a qb about as bad as the wwe needed another heal. i have not been this dissapointed in the first round draft since the denny green era. barr is a glorifyed de . id rather theyd had let the crapstains keep thier 5th rnd pick and had taken gilbert. now for the third year in a rowthey have no second round pick. very disapointing

I still think it might be best for Cassel to open the season as the starter. Teddy does need some work. He needs to get stronger and continue working on the deep ball. Cassel is a good fit in Norv's scheme and he has a lot of familiarity with our WRs, including a great rapport with Greg Jennings. Teddy likely could start week 1 but I would like to see him groomed into the role first. Whatever Norv decides is cool with me.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I couldn't help but think "for all the people who know Manzel personally, I can only imagine how many are calling him a D-Bag to the TV right now...." Manzel is a guy who is fun to root for him to fail.
    What? I hope he beasts in the NFL. He was hands down my favorite player in college the last 2 years. Guy is a blast to watch imo. I wish him nothing but success in his career

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What? I hope he beasts in the NFL. He was hands down my favorite player in college the last 2 years. Guy is a blast to watch imo. I wish him nothing but success in his career
    He just has this arrogant Jack-*** swagger to him. The money sign when he's drafted? D-Bag move. This is completely football aside of course - it has nothing to do with him as a player but everything to do with him as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    He just has this arrogant Jack-*** swagger to him. The money sign when he's drafted? D-Bag move. This is completely football aside of course - it has nothing to do with him as a player but everything to do with him as a human being.
    Meh, he's what, 21? He's having fun. That's his personality. I have no issue w it

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Meh, he's what, 21? He's having fun. That's his personality. I have no issue w it
    He was 21 and the starting QB for A&M. Now he'll be 22 and the starting QB for an NFL team. Mental immaturity at the QB position might get you though college on talent alone but I haven't seen it work (often) in the NFL. Either he truly is something special (which the bottom 15 NFL teams decided to pass on him...) or he'll have to mature mentally to succeed in this league.

My biggest problem with Manziel was his maturity. Hes more interested in posing for the cameras then winning football games.
    It actually kind of makes me mad that we were going to trade up for Manziel. So glad we got Teddy

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast