Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    Haha you guys crack me up with your anger about the 2nd round of the NBA draft, when you know nothing, and Hammond has a great track record in that round. Seems foolish.

Yeah they need to trade Ersan but it's not like that's an easy thing to do. He's got a pretty bad contract at this point.

Yea, I don't get the hate either. Everyone wanted the Bucks to trade back into the first, but look at the draft as a whole. Everyone considered this a pretty deep draft, so there wasn't much for trading going on. And look at the asking price to trade up in the first. For Orlando to move up two spots with Philly, it cost them a future first and second. That's a really steep price to pay. It cost the Heat two second rounders to move up 2 picks late in the first too. I doubt there was much for trade offers on the table. I don't know how you can criticize a guy for not working the phones, when you have no clue what the offers even are, or if there even are offers.

Lets wait a few years before busting him on this draft. Ingilis has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league. Johnny O was a McDonalds All American, so he's been regarded fairly highly his whole life. I'm going to go ahead and say we've all done very little scouting on these guys, and we should probably give our guys the benefit of the doubt on these picks.

Yup agreed 100%. Inglis has tremendous upside, which is great for that draft slot. With O'Bryant, one of the biggest factors will be how hard he works and takes care of his body.

Inglis seems like a guy who can fit in really well with Parker and Giannis as well. Seems like a real glue guy who can help you in a lot of ways. By most accounts he's probably ready to be a good defender at the NBA level right now.

The biggest thing he could do to turn into a really nice player is learn to shoot the 3.

^^^That's exactly right. If he can learn to hit the 3 with some consistency, he'll be a nice player. He is a bit turnover prone, but he's a good and willing passer. He almost fits a Spurs type mold if he can learn to hit the 3 (which he shot at 38% in his league last year, which is solid). He can be a guy who isn't maybe a top tier starter, but a guy who can come off the bench, defend multiple positions, move the ball on offense, and hit an open jumper, all while being a good teammate. That is about the best you can ask for out of a second round pick if that's what he can become. Plus, although he's not an explosive athlete, he is a guy who will rebound, and can start a fast break too if he does get the rebound. If we want to play fast, that's a valuable piece to have.

Curious what were doing with Ersan,Zaza,Delfino? Curious if we package them for one big contract? Clear up the depth chart and log jam. You figure Delfino wont get any minutes but then again Drew has weird minutes distributions. If Sanders comes back 100%. Not sure how Zaza gets any worth while minutes? Also Henson can be the main back up pf/c.

Also our second rounders can play sf/pf for Inglis and O'Bryant can play pf/c even though they said he can guard three positions? They said he's pretty fast on his feet for a big 257 pounder for 6'8". Worried any trade of Ersan still ends up some kind of win now move. Unless the guy we trade for is completely useless and hopefully expiring with a pick or young asset packaged in.

I agree that our second round picks could turn out to be nice players, but I thought we could have done better to round out our roster by drafting different positions. Hopefully that means there is a trade or two on the way. Also would've loved Thanasis especially with all the marketing we've put into GA

In the second round, its probably a better idea just to take the best players available. I'd rather take the better players than try to fit a need. Unless you're a team that's one piece away, I think taking the best player available is the best strategy. Obviously, if you have two guys rated closely, you can adjust for fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post
    Henson isn't a solid defender either. Rim protector? Yes. One on one defender? No.
    And Ersan is neither of those things. Plus he costs more.

If you look at defensive rating stats, Ersan actually graded out higher than Henson. Its not a perfect stat by any means, but I think Ersan gets a worse rep defensively than he should and Henson gets a better rep than he should.

Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Haha you guys crack me up with your anger about the 2nd round of the NBA draft, when you know nothing, and Hammond has a great track record in that round. Seems foolish.

Yeah they need to trade Ersan but it's not like that's an easy thing to do. He's got a pretty bad contract at this point.
    Im just angry because of the fact that i dont think we needed to draft players to jam up the 3 and 4 positions more than they already are. I felt like if we were going to draft a 3 n a 4 that there were players that were better at the position that were left than who we selected.. Early in the rebuild its better to just have assets and than figure it out later down the road or use them in trades (i.e Harden to houston trade) Early was the 22nd ranked player and a mid 1st round to late first on almost every mock and he was there in the 2nd and yet we take a guy who might not make the team. Even if Early didnt become the best player there imo he's more of an asset than the guy we took and thats the only thing that angers me!

Yeah I was bummed out when I got on day after the draft and noticed no one I had on my list for second round. Also guys I had on my list were skipped over. Could of had Thanasis and Markel Brown and Glenn Robinson III. But I think Hammond has some plan. Probably ends up trading for Joe Johnson's bad contract while dumping three of our old vets like Ersan,Zaza,Mayo and the sweetener would be Markel Brown. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah I was bummed out when I got on day after the draft and noticed no one I had on my list for second round. Also guys I had on my list were skipped over. Could of had Thanasis and Markel Brown and Glenn Robinson III. But I think Hammond has some plan. Probably ends up trading for Joe Johnson's bad contract while dumping three of our old vets like Ersan,Zaza,Mayo and the sweetener would be Markel Brown. lol
    i doubt it joe johnson was the nets best player the past 2 years and they arent going to go into a rebuild. Ive heard that there were rumors of the nets and deron williams agreeing that it was best for them to go seperate ways but that billy king and derons agent both knew that it would be hard to get someone to take on derons contract since his play has declined. So billy king was looking to trade Deron, and if they couldnt then Deron would have the double ankle surgery in which he did. So idk if Billy king tried all the options or not or if they maybe found a team to say yes if Deron has the surgery and heals right that they would do it? But i highly doubt they trade Joe Johnson. Another thing that i read is the reason that they were so desperate to get a 2nd round pick is because they highly coveted Markel Brown and they ended up with him so I personally dont see him being traded either unless the reason he was targeted by them so much was that if a team agreed to take Deron from them and they told them that they wanted brown as well so the nets were desperate to get him for that reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    Im just angry because of the fact that i dont think we needed to draft players to jam up the 3 and 4 positions more than they already are. I felt like if we were going to draft a 3 n a 4 that there were players that were better at the position that were left than who we selected.. Early in the rebuild its better to just have assets and than figure it out later down the road or use them in trades (i.e Harden to houston trade) Early was the 22nd ranked player and a mid 1st round to late first on almost every mock and he was there in the 2nd and yet we take a guy who might not make the team. Even if Early didnt become the best player there imo he's more of an asset than the guy we took and thats the only thing that angers me!
    There's always big names that go later than expected, and often times those guys turn out to be nothing, especially when there aren't character concerns about the guy. There was one scout I read that didn't even have early as a top 60 prospect. It didn't shock me when he fell. He's not really all that great at anything. He'll probably play because there's a chance that Knicks roster might be horrible, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back end roster fodder by his second or third year.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    And no offense, but the only reason those guys were on your radar was name recognition and teams they played for. Let's say thanasis had a different name, maybe something like Damien Ingilis for example, he's probably not on your radar. And let's say gr3 wasn't the son of one of our former greats, and he was just another athletic, highly recruited kid that stayed in college a few years and never completely lived up to the biling, but was still a good player. I'll throw a different random name on him, something like Johnny o'bryant. And let's pretend he didn't go to a localish school, then he's probably not as high on your radar. We got players that probably aren't as recognizable, but I think we should watch them play before we throw a fit about these guys.

I'll use a different sport as a potential case in point. This past year nfl draft, everyone hated the packers pick of Richard Rodgers. It was a major reach with much bigger, more proven names. It's very early yet, but Rodgers looked really good in training camp. Let's play ball before we judge it.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-28-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253