Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The Milwaukee Bucks will officially begin draft workouts today. No, the Milwaukee Bucks very likely won’t be drafting any of the members of today’s workout group, but, given the local ties of a couple of the players, it’s possible one could find his way onto Milwaukee’s Las Vegas Summer League team, ala Mike Bruesewitz last season.

Per the Bucks, here is a list of today’s participants:

Taylor Braun (F, 6-foot-7, 210 lbs, North Dakota State)
    Ben Brust (G, 6-foot-1, 195 lbs, Wisconsin)
    Mike Moser (F, 6-foot-8, 210 lbs, Oregon)
    Jake Thomas (G, 6-foot-3, 205 lbs, Marquette)

Braun was the 2014 Summit League Player of the Year. Other recent Summit League Players of the Year: Nate Wolters and George Hill. Draft Express has Braun rated as the 44th best senior.

Moser started his college career at UCLA, transferred to UNLV, before finally ending up at Oregon. He was an honorable mention All-American after his sophomore season at UNLV. Draft Express currently has him ranked as the 37th best senior, with a best case of Wilson Chandler and a worst case of Marcus Haislip. A four year NBA career seems like a pretty flattering worst case for a player who isn’t projected to drafted.

Brust went to Madison and Thomas went to Marquette, so it’s safe to assume that is why they are involved. Neither player has a write-up on Draft Express (is it safe to assume I’m a fan of using Draft Express to do this evaluating yet?) and neither figures to be in draft conversations going forward.

http://www.bucksketball.com/2014/05/...raft-workouts/

http://www.nba.com/bucks/draft-workout-5/9/14
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 05-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Everything You Need To Know About The 2014 NBA Draft Lottery

In a few weeks, there will be approximately four teams remaining in the playoffs.

This is to say, Bucks fans will be more excited about life in the NBA than fans of 26 other teams or so. That is how the night will start, anyway.

When is the draft lottery?

The draft lottery is scheduled for May 20. The exact time is TBD. Conference Finals are tentatively slated to begin on May 20.

Should you watch the draft lottery?

Yes. The draft order will be counted down from 14 to 1. Things will be tense for a while, hopefully as long as possible. The longer the Bucks are not called, the better.

Who is going to represent the Bucks at the draft lottery?

No official word on that one yet.

What are the odds that the Bucks get the #1 overall draft pick?

The lottery machine will contain 14 ping pong balls numbered one through 14, and four balls will be drawn out. There are exactly 1,001 combinations of numbers that can be drawn without respect to order (1-2-3-4 is the same as 4-3-2-1). One of those combinations is thrown out, and the remaining 1,000 are divided amongst the 14 lottery teams according to their record. The Bucks will be assigned 250 combinations, giving them a 25.0% chance of winning the top overall draft pick.

How often has the team with the best lottery odds won the #1 overall draft pick?

Since the weighted lottery system was introduced in 1990, the team with the best chance of winning the top overall draft pick has won the lottery just three times in 24 years. The last team with the worst record to win the lottery was the Magic back in 2004 (they chose Dwight Howard).

How low can the Bucks fall in the lottery?

The Bucks can fall no lower than #4 overall in the first round.

Do you have a convenient chart with all draft lottery odds?

Thought you (me) might ask.

Who are the four best players in the draft?

I do not know. Since the Bucks are guaranteed a spot in the top four however, here is my current top four.

1) Andrew Wiggins (SF – Kansas – 19 years old)
    2) Jabari Parker (PF – Duke – 19 years old)
    3) Joel Embiid (C – Kansas – 20 years old)
    4) Dante Exum (PG – Australian Institute of Sport – 18 years old)

Do the Bucks have any other draft picks?

Yes, in addition to one of the top four overall draft picks, they also hold draft picks #31, #36, and #48.

When is the actual draft?

The actual draft will take place on June 26 at 6:00 p.m. central time in New York City on ESPN.
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/bo...-draft-lottery

Being from Toronto, I have been watching Wiggins for the last few years and he is hands down my choice if the Bucks win the lottery. With that being said, Parker would not be a bad alternative at all if we fell to two, or three potentially.
    Last edited by HeatAttack; 05-10-2014 at 05:12 PM.

The Milwaukee Bucks are moving on with the business of getting ready for the draft while they wait for the NBA to weigh in on the pending sale of the team.

A league-worst 15-67 record earned Milwaukee the best odds for securing the top pick in the draft lottery. On Friday, the team began working out less-heralded prospects, including former Wisconsin guard Ben Brust and former Marquette guard Jake Thomas.

''We had an ownership change?'' Dave Babcock, the Bucks' vice president of player personnel, said jokingly when asked about the impact of the tentative $550 million sale from Herb Kohl to New York investment firm executives Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens.

In addition to one of the first four picks, the Bucks also have three second-round picks, which makes summer league roster spots harder to come by. ''With four draft picks and we've got some young guys that are going to play for us that are already on our team, so we'll have to see how that goes,'' Babcock said.

Brust and Thomas hope to use the workout process as a springboard to continuing their basketball careers, whether it be the ultimate goal of an NBA roster or overseas.

''I'm realistic. I don't think the Bucks are taking me with their first pick,'' said the 6-foot-3 Thomas, who started 30 of 32 games last season for Marquette. Thomas, from Racine, averaged 7.9 points and shot 39 percent from beyond the arc. ''But, if they did, I would gladly accept.''

Brust, the only graduating senior who played significant minutes on the Badgers' Final Four team, said he hopes to work out for more teams.

''I'm up and willing to do anything,'' Brust said. ''The more people you get to meet, the more chances you have to impress somebody and get to know people. It's never a bad thing to go anywhere across the country and get to play basketball.''

Babcock said Brust and Thomas are likely looking at starting their professional careers overseas.

''Down the road, stranger things have happened where a guy has played overseas for a few years. I mean, Ben can really shoot it. You never say never to a shooter,'' Babcock said.

Also working out Friday were Taylor Braun, a 6-foot-7 forward from North Dakota State who was the Summit League Player of the Year, and Mike Moser, a 6-foot-8 forward from Oregon.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bucks-p...ml?.tsrc=apple

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheDeer View Post
    Being from Toronto, I have been watching Wiggins for the last few years and he is hands down my choice for our pick if we win the lottery. With that being said, Parker would not be a bad alternative at all if we fell to two, or three potentially.

Both have the potential to be elite, perennial all-star, 20 PPG scorers in this league for the next 15 years. That is the something the Bucks franchise desperately needs. Especially with the new arena talks and new ownership. Wins and a superstar will fill the building every single night.
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by HeatAttack; 05-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Well the sale will be finalized soon according to hack job Gery Woelfel. But once it is. Then its plenty of questions if and when the new owners clean office. Like all of Kohl's old cronies in the office. Give them the boot. Then decide if Hammond and Drew stay or go.

Then we just got that assistant GM beginning of season. Then we be talk of the town being top #1-4 pick. Lottery like ten days out. Have like $10M in capspace for the minimum. Even though we wont attract any decent free agents. But could use that to eat a salary from another team to get a young asset or other pick in return. Draft night and trade deadline is our biggest peak times here for activity.

1 Andrew Wiggins SG/SF
    19 yrs; 6'8"; 197 lbs.
    Kansas, Fr

31 Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    21 yrs; 6'6"; 200 lbs.
    Partizan, Intl

From
    Lakers Vasilije Micic PG
    20 yrs; 6'4"; 188 lbs.
    Mega Vizura, Intl

From
    Raptors Russ Smith PG
    23 yrs; 6'0"; 160 lbs.
    Louisville, Sr

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Only change is Dinwiddie not taken and we take Micic. From previous mock draft.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    1 Andrew Wiggins SG/SF
    19 yrs; 6'8"; 197 lbs.
    Kansas, Fr

31 Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    21 yrs; 6'6"; 200 lbs.
    Partizan, Intl

From
    Lakers Vasilije Micic PG
    20 yrs; 6'4"; 188 lbs.
    Mega Vizura, Intl

From
    Raptors Russ Smith PG
    23 yrs; 6'0"; 160 lbs.
    Louisville, Sr

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Only change is Dinwiddie not taken and we take Micic. From previous mock draft.
    I would love to get Russ Smith! Specially if we keep Coach Drew for the last few years on his contract! I think Russ Smith could turn out to be Jeff Teague 2.0. Awhile back I posted the college stats from both Smith and Teague and they were damn near identical! Only difference being that Russ is a senior I believe while Teague came out after his soph year! But at pick 48 we really cant get a good value or good player! Most likely they wont even be around past summer league. However I do think that if Russ is there at 48 when we are picking that Drew and Hammond could feel its worth the shot of trying to get a future starting caliber pg at the end of the 2nd round! This all depends if Coach Drew and Hammond are still around!

I would like us to get Thanasis, but there is a chance he goes undrafted! He's projected last pick of second round right now! Obviously he could move up after the combine but he could also drop! If he does drop I think we have to go Russ Smith than for sure if we still have Coach Drew! Than maybe send Thanasis a summer league roster invite or something?

Something that I have concerns about is that the ownership deal is approved, and than the new owners want to clean house and hire they're own HC & GM. Well if they decide to do that I hope they already have someone in mind for both positions because this is not the time to have the new gm/hc be hired right before the draft and being forced to just wing it. Kind of like Hammond when he was first hired here! I hope if they are going to bring in new people that they keep our assistant gm that we had recently hired! (From Indy???) I remember MHL, posting a link of when he was hired that he was into advanced stats and really had an amazing understanding of how much players should be paid for what they do! So he seems like a good basketball mind! This also gives us someone to do the scouting and run the combine stuff while we search for a new gm!

As for the 2 guys the draftexpress has us taking with our first 2 second round picks. Does anyone know anything about either one of these guys? Are they going to be draft and stash players or are they going to be playing in the nba next season?
    Last edited by ROY 2 MVP Braun; 05-10-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Draftexpress had Thanasis at #60 to Spurs.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Has Hawks taking Thanasis at #43. Wouldn't be shocked some team reaches for Thanasis. Giannis has gotten a lot of hype all year here. As for those other guys. They could be stashed away. Since we only have four open spots and four picks. Doubt they all make the team. Unless we don't go after any free agents? But I see the new owners wanna get some wins to gets some fans in the seats. But Kohl tried to win each year and look where it got us. But its painful being last place. It takes its toll on our guys. Plus we could extend Knight early this summer as well.

There be pro's and con's to taking Thanasis. Yeah its his bro. But if he gets waived or traded. Will Giannis get mad? JR Smith got mad at Knicks when his bro got traded. Plus both be playing minutes at SG Not enough to go around. Since we play two pg line ups with Wolters and Knight. Plus we force Giannis at sg. Plus have Mayo yet. Also Delfino coming back. But like I always say he's kinda slow footed and best to only play sf.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/bogdan-bogdanovic

Nbadraft.net compares him to Jeri Welsh, yikes! We had Jeri for a little bit. Hopefully he's better then Jeri Welsh. He is 6'6" though. 6'11" wingspan. Seems to be a decent defender. Could be a three and D player.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 05-10-2014 at 03:11 PM.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Dang that sucks! If i was him i would be so mad, sad, pist, and every other word you can think of! i just posted this since my last post was about Russ Smith, and on draftexpress he has been our last 2nd round pick projection since before march madness!

Micic is 6'5" pg. Draftexpress has him going to us in second rounder where nbadraft has him go #29 to Thunder.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/vasilje-micic

Nbadraft comparison is Jose Calderon.

Nbadraft.net has Russ Smith going undrafted. Also this video is a year old.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast