Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hope we can draft Christon and Hairston. Atleast if one of the two pan out as a home run. Then Knight plays the other spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Hope we can draft Christon and Hairston. Atleast if one of the two pan out as a home run. Then Knight plays the other spot.
    Neither of those two guys will run the point better than Knight. I'm not sure if you have watched alot of Xavier basketball from last season, but he was not that great of a distributor. Neither is PJ Hairston.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_56 View Post
    Neither of those two guys will run the point better than Knight. I'm not sure if you have watched alot of Xavier basketball from last season, but he was not that great of a distributor. Neither is PJ Hairston.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Has Hairston as 6'4" sg. Then Knight play PG. Then Knight play sg when Christon or Wolters plays pg.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Has Hairston as 6'4" sg. Then Knight play PG. Then Knight play sg when Christon or Wolters plays pg.
    Christon isn't a true point guard. There isn't much of a difference between him and Knight. But Hairston would be a solid 2nd round pick up but I just don't see him lasting that long. He played well in the d-league and was a first rounder until things fell apart at UNC.

1 Andrew Wiggins SF
    19 yrs; 6'8"; 197 lbs.
    Kansas, Fr

31 Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    21 yrs; 6'6"; 200 lbs.
    Partizan, Intl

From
    Lakers Spencer Dinwiddie SG
    21 yrs; 6'6"; 200 lbs.
    Colorado, Jr

From
    Raptors Russ Smith PG
    23 yrs; 6'0"; 160 lbs.
    Louisville, Sr

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Has Glenn Robinson III going in second round at #33. Has Giannis bro going as last pick in draft to Spurs at #60. I'd take Thannis at #48.

Exum showing he can dish as well.

From what I've seen of him, he's always been a pretty unselfish player and is willing to dish and make the extra pass. The biggest thing with him is going to be his shooting. Right now, his shot is not very good. At least last time I say highlights, he was shooting a lot of lasers (although his free throws get edequate arch on them in this video). But to his defense, when you're as good at getting to the lane and either finishing or distributing, you shouldn't be taking a ton of jumpers.

Giannis has the form to improve his shot, but I'm not sure he's ever an elite jump shooter. My one worry with Exum and Giannis on the same team, is that they both may be most in their element as slashers who can distribute. If you have two guys like that on the floor at once, you almost need an Ersan-type stretch 4 and a really good shooting SG to make teams respect those guys, otherwise you aren't maximizing their skills.

It's interesting that he is going to be at the Pre-Draft combine in Chicago. International players almost never go to that. He has been working out with Tim Grover for a long period of time now so he should be ready to compete.

I wouldn't be shocked if he blows up the combine. He has exactly the skillset and tools to make scouts fall in love with him at the combine. He's an elite athlete, seems to be a pretty good competitor, and should be ready to play with the college guys. I also think what helps him is that a poor shooting performance at the combine usually doesn't kill guys because everyone has a couple days where they are off. A lot of scouts (especially the non-professional scouts who write for websites that may see workouts and have only seen Exum highlights) will gush about his athleticism and tools. Basically Exum is at the point that Wiggins was at before this past season. He dominated a lesser level and has some elite tools. Its very easy to get excited about a guy like that when you don't have 30 college game tapes that all can point towards the same weaknesses.

Bucks guard Brandon Knight was interviewed Wednesday on Sirius XM Radio's "NBA Today" show and was asked his preference if the team gets the No. 1 pick in the June NBA draft.

Knight was non-committal but said the approach of the player the Bucks eventually choose is the most important thing.

"That's a tough question," Knight said in response to a question from former NBA coach Mike Dunleavy. "That's for our team to decide. I just want a guy, whoever he is, to come in and work hard and understand the type of year we had last year.

"He wasn't a part of it, but understand we can't repeat that type of season and that none of the guys here will be in a mood where that will be repeated. Our mind-set is going to be totally different. We're going to approach the game differently. We're going to remember how this year went for us and use it as motivation."

The Bucks finished 15-67 last season and failed to win consecutive games in posting the worst record in franchise history.

On the final day of the regular season it was announced that New York-based investors Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens were taking ownership of the team, purchasing the franchise for $550 million from longtime owner Herb Kohl.

The sale currently is being finalized and awaiting approval by league owners. That process could be completed by mid-May.

The draft lottery is scheduled May 20 in New York and the Bucks will have a 25% chance of landing the top overall pick. Freshmen Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid and Julius Randle all have declared for the draft, considered one of the best in recent years.

Knight, who played one season at Kentucky before being picked No. 8 overall by Detroit in the 2011 draft, did have some praise for Randle, who helped lead Kentucky to the NCAA title game in April. The power forward is considered a likely top five pick in this year's draft.

"He's a great player and did a great job at Kentucky," Knight said. "He'll definitely be a great player in this league with his size and the way he plays the game and how tough he is. So I'm excited to see him at this level."

Milwaukee is guaranteed one of the top four picks in the June draft.

Knight was asked about the current NBA playoffs and said he has been impressed with the play of the Washington Wizards in the East and the Los Angeles Clippers in the West.

The fifth-seeded Wizards take a 1-0 lead into Game 2 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series against Indiana on Wednesday night.

"I'm really cool with John Wall and it's an inspiration to see him in his fourth year and see how he's leading his team," Knight said. "Not necessarily scoring the ball a whole lot, but just leading his team and putting guys in the right position."

Knight said the Clippers could be a threat to Miami's drive for a third straight NBA title.

"I think with them having Blake (Griffin) and DeAndre (Jordan) protecting the paint, the two most athletic bigs in the NBA on the same team, that factor is unmatched in the NBA," Knight said.

"I think the Clippers will come ouf of the West, if they continue to play the way they've been playing. Golden State gave them a little bit of trouble and they had some adversity, battling some off-the-court (Donald Sterling saga) things."

The Clippers hold a 1-0 series lead entering Game 2 of their Western Conference semifinal series at Oklahoma City on Wednesday night.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/258367511.html

NBA D-League ✔ @nbadleague
    Follow
    In Durant's speech, I saw myself & my brother @G_ante34 & family in some of the words he said. I was really emotional #ThanasisTakeover

NBA D-League ✔ @nbadleague
    Follow
    RT @realjeffsuttie: who is your favorite player to watch?

Durant, LeBron, Steph Curry, Andre Iguodala & Giannis #ThanasisTakeover

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-jabari-parker

Talks about if Bucks take Parker.

The Milwaukee Bucks, perhaps the NBA's standard bearer for wacky promotions after this season's Y2K Night — if you missed it: $7 tickets, Coolio at halftime and a Glenn Robinson autograph signing, obviously — and Beard Night, might have topped themselves. Embracing their unintended lottery status, the team that finished 15-67 is sending select fans custom ping pong balls featuring a Bucks logo. Those fans also get a card with Milwaukee's apparent new slogan, “OWN THE FUTURE. WIN THE LOTTERY.”

Oh, how far the Bucks have come (or, how low they have sunk, depending on how you look at it). Last summer, Milwaukee was signing good-not-great veterans in order to push for a potential playoff berth. Now, with a 25-percent chance of winning that No. 1 spot they never gunned for, the Bucks have an official draft lottery hashtag. It's #BucksLuck, if you were wondering.

They've even asked fans to share their good luck charms on social media for a chance to win two season tickets and an autographed draft hat.

It might sound a bit backward to be going all-in on the lottery like this in the middle of the postseason, but most in Milwaukee have been waiting years for this moment. Long tired of mediocrity, the people behind SaveOurBucks.com are nothing short of elated that their team finished with the worst record in the league.
    Save Our Bucks @SaveOurBucks
    Follow
    We are less than two weeks away from the May 20th NBA Draft Lottery. Take a test drive with the ESPN simulator! http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft
    Eric Buenning @ericbuenning
    Follow
    ICYMI: The @Bucks are sending packages containing ping pong balls to select fans:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ead-of-lottery

The Bucks announced via Twitter on Thursday that the team will hold its first prospect workout leading up to the 2014 NBA Draft.
    Milwaukee Bucks ✔ @Bucks
    Follow
    The Bucks will hold their first prospect workout in advance of the 2014 NBA Draft tomorrow afternoon. #BucksDraft
    Milwaukee Bucks ✔ @Bucks
    Follow
    We will announce tomorrow’s workout participants Friday morning. #BucksDraft
    It’s unknown who the participants will be at this time, though some high-profile names could be in Milwaukee, which is guaranteed a top-four pick. Teams typically host several pre-draft workouts , as they’re an opportunity to evaluate prospects in a closed, controlled setting. The Bucks will likely meet with many of the top prospects individually, while bringing in a number of second-round prospects for group workouts.

Milwaukee currently holds the rights to three second-round selections: No. 31 overall (their own), No. 36 overall (via Phoenix/Minnesota) and No. 48 overall (via Toronto).
    http://behindthebuckpass.com/2014/05...orkout-friday/

The pending change in ownership has put the entire Milwaukee Bucks organization in a holding pattern. For head coach Larry Drew and GM John Hammond, the most visible figures remaining from the worst season in franchise history, its been a waiting game since the team's sale to Marc Lasry and Wes Edens was announced two weeks ago.

Lasry and Edens have a lot to consider as they ponder the future of the organization. It's hard to rationalize keeping around the individuals who constructed and led a team like last year's Bucks, but both faced challenges--unexpected or otherwise--that cast doubt on how much blame should really be dumped in each's lap. While Larry Drew did little to inspire or unite his young roster, he also got horribly ineffective play from many of his leading pieces...or no play at all. Meanwhile, the handicaps John Hammond faced every day are well documented, but until last season it hadn't stopped him from putting together a team that was at least competitive for stretches. For those reasons, and simply because house-cleaning seems to be the norm when new ownership takes over, gamblers might be inclined to wager on Drew and Hammond departing in the not-too-distant future.

I want to focus on Hammond though, and ask the question of what happens if he doesn't get canned? What if Lasry and Edens feel the timeline is too crunched to get a new team in place to effectively lead the draft effort? Or what if they determine that the win-now mandate presumably imposed by Herb Kohl obscured his abilities as a roster-builder?

Would the same questions that have plagued Hammond's tenure to date linger under new bosses? That is, if Hammond is still the guy making the final call on draft night, does he have incentive to make a safe selection over a riskier, big-upside prospect?

I ask as a response to the latest NBA mock draft from Jeff Goodman for ESPN. In that mock, Goodman predicts the Bucks would select Jabari Parker first overall, assuming they win the top pick. Goodman writes "[Hammond] can ill afford to miss on this one, and Parker is the safe pick."

Let's suss out Goodman's hypothesis. He first appears to be suggesting Parker is the "safest" prospect in the draft. Many would agree, viewing Parker as the guy most equipped to bring immediate production to whichever team lands him and little risk of flopping. Goodman posits that there's some level of pressure on John Hammond to grab such a player, a guy who is seen as "can't miss" rather than the highest-potential player available. Presumably that pressure has to do with job security (i.e. if Hammond blows this draft, he's gone soon thereafter).

Goodman's thinking seems reasonably valid, but is it sound? If Lasry and Edens retain Hammond as GM, would they do so in something like a probationary role, with his job clearly on the line? That seems weird to me, considering those truths that seemingly have to be accepted to justify keeping Hammond--most importantly, that he can thrive given a little more breathing room. To think Hammond could survive the turmoil of an ownership change and then get sent packing for "blowing" a draft seems strange, even if this draft has outrageous hype. Not only does such a conclusion require a near snap judgement of the draft's success (how long does the eventual pick get to prove himself?), but it would seem to say "We had faith that you could rebuild the team in the long term given the chance, but this one mistake changes everything."

Now in fairness, blowing this draft to a degree worthy of such a label might legitimately be a fireable offense, and I still come back to the questionable probability of Hammond sticking around. It just doesn't seem likely, regardless of justification either way. But these same questions could just as easily apply to whoever might replace Hammond in that event. Are Lasry and Edens eager to make a splash? Does the yet-unsettled arena issue play into a desire for a quicker-than-expected turnaround? In a draft and offseason as critical as this, balancing these issues will be critical for the Bucks' new owners and whomever they might empower to lead the franchise into the future.
    http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/5/1/567...parker-wiggins

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast