Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I haven't watched McGary too much, but he's the type of player that tends to pan out a little more in the second. The only reason he's probably falling as far as he did was the injury and now having to come out. Lance Stephenson sort of fit that bill in college too. Dropped because he had attitude problems (and didn't enjoy passing a whole lot in college), but he had the game that translates to the pros. Not sure McGary exactly fits that bill, but he seems to fit the mold.
    Would you take Lavine if he slipped into the 2nd, or still just avoid him altogether?

I would at th very least consider him in the second, but it would be with the idea that he would be a potential bench shooter, so I would have to compare him to those types of players available. I will admit that I don't have a great grasp on the talent level of the guys available around 30 or so. I think I have a decent grasp on the top 20ish, and I don't think I consider lavine there, but I'd have to dig deeper into the guys in the early second to really tell.

But like I said, when I'm grading out him and his potential, it's mainly as a bench shooter who's never going to be much of a distributor and a below averag defender. I will allow for some growth in defensive effort and decision making on shooting lots of long twos, but I'm not grading him with any expectation that he becomes a capable distributor or guy who excels at getting to the hoop, or a guy who really has good starter capability.

This would be awesome, if the Bucks, Sixers, and Orland pick 1,2,3.

First trade

Celtics Get Larry Sanders, OJ Mayo, Channing Frye.

Suns Get 3 Bucks 2nd rounders, 2015 first (lottery protected)

Bucks Get Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Brandon Bass, Picks 14,17,18

2nd Trade

Magic Get Brandon Knight, Khris Middleton, John Henson, Thaddeus Young, Pick 14

Sixers Get Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris, Picks 17+18

Bucks get Jameer Nelson, picks 2+3

Draft
    Parker, Embiid, Wiggins.

Spend the first part of the year trying to get trade value for Bass, Nelson, Ersan, and Zaza, but after the trade deadline the starting lineup would be Wolters-Wiggins-Giannis-Parker-Embiid.

That lineup could be so awesome. Probably another lottery pick and 20 million in cap room the following offseason. Year after that, another 28 million in expiring contracts.
    Last edited by thornga2; 05-05-2014 at 12:08 AM.

"@jparkABC: Met @Bucks new co-owner Marc Lasry at #WHCD; told me he wants @JPiz1, aka Jabari Parker, at No. 1 if Milwaukee wins #nba draft lotto. #Metoo" looks like Jabari is the guy if we get the number 1 pick 🙌 YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Id take McGary in a heartbeat in the 2nd.
    i have a feeling him and larry would become friends very quick! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTimeSHAW View Post
    "@jparkABC: Met @Bucks new co-owner Marc Lasry at #WHCD; told me he wants @JPiz1, aka Jabari Parker, at No. 1 if Milwaukee wins #nba draft lotto. #Metoo" looks like Jabari is the guy if we get the number 1 pick 🙌 YES!!!
    I dont think that mean its a for sure thing thats why they pay hammond! we dont need another owner who is in charge of making roster moves! ala kohl

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    I dont think that mean its a for sure thing thats why they pay hammond! we dont need another owner who is in charge of making roster moves! ala kohl
    Who says Hammond is GM come draft night? Everyone could be fired soon as the sale is finalized. New owners usually want their own people and start fresh. So they blame them selves when things go wrong. Not use previous owners people for the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post

First trade

2nd Trade

Draft
    Parker, Embiid, Wiggins.

Spend the first part of the year trying to get trade value for Bass, Nelson, Ersan, and Zaza, but after the trade deadline the starting lineup would be Wolters-Wiggins-Giannis-Parker-Embiid.

That lineup could be so awesome. Probably another lottery pick and 20 million in cap room the following offseason. Year after that, another 28 million in expiring contracts.
    The first trade is more likely. The second trade is something that you would have to force the Magic to do on NBA 2K14. No way they trade Oladipo, Tobias and their top pick for those guys. I wonder if the Sixers were to get #4 and we got #1, would they trade #4 &#10 to get Wiggins first overall. Everything I have read points to him being their top target.

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    But it does make it a possibility that they hire a guy that lines up with their ideals. But it still comes down to pre-draft workouts and evaluations. Exum has had all of this time to work out and train, he could show up to workouts better than everyone else. Or Embiid could come in better than he was mid-season. Who knows, it's just refreshing to see that these guys know something about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_56 View Post
    The first trade is more likely. The second trade is something that you would have to force the Magic to do on NBA 2K14. No way they trade Oladipo, Tobias and their top pick for those guys. I wonder if the Sixers were to get #4 and we got #1, would they trade #4 &#10 to get Wiggins first overall. Everything I have read points to him being their top target.
    Bogans does not have a contract next year so I don't believe you could trade him. Agree on your point on the second trade scenario.

Also would do the #4 and #10 for #1 scenario you discussed. I would probably target Sakic with the #10 pick as Euro draft and stash since I don't think we are going to have any open roster spots..

I'd look to trade anyone except Giannis if it meant getting a top 10. I looked at a WAR stat sheet and the Bucks didn't have a guy in the top 30 at there position. To me Knight, Henson, Sanders, and Ersan could fetch a first rounder but not a lottery and no team will bundle them up for one because of big contracts or ending contracts. There might be some decent 3 team scenerios where we get a lotto pick. I could most definitely see us swapping 31 for a pick in the mid 20's to a cash strapped team.

At this point I'm still leaning towards Parker. 2nd round guys I like include Capela, Nurkic, Hairston, McGary, Taveras, Thanasis, Thames, Riddick, Kane, and Dinwiddie
    Last edited by jay87shot; 05-05-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post

First trade

2nd Trade

Draft
    Parker, Embiid, Wiggins.

please be realistic.. bucks r not getting another top 5 pick.. they have nothing worth another top 5 pick let alone two! not counting our own 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by mseds99 View Post
    Also would do the #4 and #10 for #1 scenario you discussed. I would probably target Sakic with the #10 pick as Euro draft and stash since I don't think we are going to have any open roster spots..
    that would be beyond awful!!

take wiggins or parker and run!

Quote Originally Posted by dcenate05050 View Post
    that would be beyond awful!!

take wiggins or parker and run!
    But what if we have Embiid or Exum ranked higher than those two and based on the draft order, one of those guys are going to be there, why not pick up Gary Harris/Dario Saric-type that can be a great role player. Not saying it's what I would do but it may be something to look into.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast