Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves News

So, who gets the call up? Any ideas

My guess is Ian Thomas. If Feigl was healthy it would be him.

Braves are saying they want to go out of house to find someone to fill it, want a LH.

If they do stay in house would assume it's Ian Thomas, has 6.1 Innings pitched with 7ks , 1 hit and 0 walks so far.

I was thinking Thomas as well. He should get another chance. He wasn't the worst pitcher I ever saw last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Bullpen woes continue, Andrew McKirahen just got popped 80 games for steroids.
    and he deservingly will sit our plenty of games but I hope he learns from his mistakes we could use him

Anybody know when they are bringing Brandon Cunniff back? I really enjoyed watching him pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    Anybody know when they are bringing Brandon Cunniff back? I really enjoyed watching him pitch.
    I'm soon as sure he is eligible. He was very good while up here.

Peterson is hitting pretty well. What do you guys think about leading him off, moving Markakis to the 3 hole and pushing Freeman to clean up?

Every day
    Peterson
    Simmons
    Markakis
    Freeman

No thanks. Marky, Simmons, Freeman is working really well and Peterson is hitting really well at at the bottom. Marky might not have the speed but puts up a good at bat every at bat at leadoff.

I would not move Marky until he hits for ANY power.

Troubling trends for 2014 All-Star Teheran
    3:54 p.m. Sunday, May 10, 2015 | Filed in: Braves
    COMMENTS 5
    BRAVES
    Photos of the Week, May 1, 2015
    ccompton@ajc.com
    BENCHED--042815 ATLANTA: It was another rough outting for Braves pitcher Julio Teheran who sits in the dugout dejected after being pulled from the game in the 6th inning after giving up solo homer to Nationals Denard Span in a baseball game on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, in Atlanta. Teheran gave up seven runs in the game, but still left with a 10-7 lead. Curtis Compton / ccompton@ajc.com

WASHINGTON — The Braves scored five runs in the seventh and eighth innings to tie the score and get Julio Teheran off the hook as far as a decision in Saturday’s 8-6 loss to the Nationals, but the six runs and 10 hits he allowed in five innings were a continuation of troubling trends for the 2014 All-star.

Teheran is 1-1 with a 6.23 ERA in his past five starts, with a .320 opponents’ average and eight homers allowed in 26 innings. His overall ERA climbed to 4.74, and if not for good run support his record (3-1) might be significantly worse.

Teheran is 9-9 with a 3.99 ERA and .271 opponents’ average in his past 22 starts going back to the second week of July, and has allowed 19 homers and 42 walks with 112 strikeouts in 133 innings during that span. The Braves are 10-12 in those starts, despite providing Teheran just over five runs of offensive support per nine innings pitched.

Troubling trends for 2014 All-Star Teheran photo
    Kevin C. Cox
    Julio Teheran walks to the dugout after being pulled following a home run by Washington’s Denard Span on April 28 in Atlanta. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
    This comes on the heels of best sustained stretch of his career, when he went 15-8 with a 2.54 ERA and .209 opponents’ average in his previous 30 starts (July 22, 2013 through July 7, 2014). Teheran allowed 18 homers and 48 walks with 184 strikeouts in 198 2/3 innings during that period, and the Braves were 21-9 in those starts despite providing him a modest 3.17 runs per nine innings pitched.

Lefties are hitting .373 (22-for-59) against him this season, with three homers and a .479 OPB and .644 slugging percentage. Righties are hitting .244/.309/.442 in 86 at-bats.

Teheran has a 7.08 ERA and .346 opponents’ average in four road starts this season.

Interesting read on AJC. Seems JT has been struggling since the all-star break last year. So either the league has caught up to him, or he may need to start making some adjustments.

Was some scouts worrying about Teheran being he was a flyball pitcher and we lost alot of the D we had in the outfield. Not really sure that is the reason for his issues now, but scouts where worrying about him going into the season.

Those stats show this started last season when OF defense was not an issue.

IMO Teheran has been trying to be an "Ace" instead of pitching his game and to his strengths. Him having issues post AS break would seem to support that theory, as well. I think JT and Wood are both feeling the pressure of pitching a spot too high in the rotation and trying to out-match rival pitchers

Just stay around .500. If we can be .500 at the trade deadline anything is possible. Especially with our arms in the farm system we can use in Sept. It is all about getting hot at the right time.

He shouldn't worry about the whole ace status. Shelby has taken that torch and run with it. How many more good starts to we give prospects like Banuelos and Wisler before calling them up? If we are rebuilding for the future they both should be here in x amount of decent starts. How many more do you reckon they get? Banuelos was close before arm injury and has been throwing well so far in AAA this year. Wisler's last two have been awesome. Of course I believe they should be given at least 5-10 more starts in AAA. If they are still doing their thing they need to come up and get their bumps out of the way in the MLB.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast