Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1920
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Reds would have little to zero use for basically every player you mentioned. Don't mind the idea of getting Gennett though.
    Well you're probably right, and I'm not overly familiar with the Reds or their needs. It does seem they can use some pitching, though they're likely not expecting to compete for a PO spot this year anyhow so no urgency on their part.

I'm a bit frustrated with Panik though. I really like him, and he plays well at times especially his defense. And all players have their ups & downs through a season. Just seems that his offensive upside is about as up as it will ever get. I always thought NY would be a good place for him since he's a Yonkers and SJU kid.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I just can't imagine the Reds wanting to take on any money or any players period that aren't cheap and young.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Old friend, Jae-Gyun Hwang with the bat flip.

KBO batflipping is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Old friend, Jae-Gyun Hwang with the bat flip.

I have no recollection of him playing for us.

The MLB store has some stuff on sale.
    I got my wife a Giants Hello Kitty bank for her birthday:

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Reds would have little to zero use for basically every player you mentioned. Don't mind the idea of getting Gennett though.
    Yep. Our problem. We have little that anyone would want that we don't need. Of course this is tied to our farm. Be carful of Gennett. He kicked around here until everyone got frustrated. He would have to show me more for me to believe he is legit. Another year?

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    I have no recollection of him playing for us.

The MLB store has some stuff on sale.
    I got my wife a Giants Hello Kitty bank for her birthday:
    He only played 18 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    He only played 18 games last year.
    i had to wiki him...

Ex-Giant super star John Bowker is now with the Fukushima Hopes. Sadly it seems he has aged quite rapidly, it shows he is 82 years old now. I'm guessing the fast food of America kept him young.

John Brite Bowker is an American professional baseball outfielder and first baseman for the Fukushima Hopes of the Baseball Challenge League. He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 205 pounds. Wikipedia
    Born: July 30, 1935 (age 82 years), London, United Kingdom
    Height: 6′ 2″
    Weight: 190 lbs

https://www.google.com/search?q=john...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by sf1giantfan; 07-22-2018 at 12:18 AM.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Life comes at ya fast.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Ex-Giant super star John Bowker is now with the Fukushima Hopes. Sadly it seems he has aged quite rapidly, it shows he is 82 years old now. I'm guessing the fast food of America kept him young.

John Brite Bowker is an American professional baseball outfielder and first baseman for the Fukushima Hopes of the Baseball Challenge League. He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 205 pounds. Wikipedia

Speaking of that, in a way, do any of you lot own any Yomiuri Giants paraphernalia?

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post

This is not Japan's 'major league' and can only figure that JB liked his time in Japan and stuck around and played at a lower level because of that.

Fukushima is the prefecture (roughly same as state or maybe county) where they had the nuclear disaster at their plant a few years back with the tsunami. (Possibly why he aged so quickly??)
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays