Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disgraced ex-ref Donaghy says NBA pressuring officials to side with Nets

If anyone knows anything about fixing sports it's this man so maybe we should pay attention.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/d...scom:foxsports

I don't totally buy it, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

It might not be Heat vs Knicks/Lakers/Celtics, but Heat vs Nets is big money for the NBA. Nets have more star power as well, and star power gets the benefit of calls.

When I was watching the Heat vs Charlotte, the first thing I saw was Lebron push a guy off him, just to get a foul called in his favor. It should have been 100% an offensive foul, but the stars seem to get the calls.

Now I don't know if that is just a star getting a call, or the refs making sure Miami wins. I'm inclined to go with the former. But if hard proof came out that the NBA tipped the scales in favor of the star teams, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Donaghy is a joke, simply fishing for news time.

Toronto is the largest city in Canada, and the 5th largest market in north america

the nets have also had more fouls called on them this series, 45 vs 44 for toronto

Quote Originally Posted by ScottFromCanada View Post
    If anyone knows anything about fixing sports it's this man so maybe we should pay attention.

Those know, know. Those who don't, dont. To those who know what's going on in the NBA and professional sports, it pretty obvious.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES RANGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Now I don't know if that is just a star getting a call, or the refs making sure Miami wins. I'm inclined to go with the former. But if hard proof came out that the NBA tipped the scales in favor of the star teams, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.
    Rigging games is an art and hard to detect by an untrained eye LOL. You can't simply look at who got more fouls over the course of the game. Basketball is a game of runs. A refs call or no call can spark a run for a team they are favoring.

That's all I'll really say about it. I hate discussing this subject on this forum but it is something that interests me. As anything that has a line in Vegas it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES RANGERS

Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    Rigging games is an art and hard to detect by an untrained eye LOL. You can't simply look at who got more fouls over the course of the game. Basketball is a game of runs. A refs call or no call can spark a run for a team they are favoring.

That's all I'll really say about it. I hate discussing this subject on this forum but it is something that interests me. As anything that has a line in Vegas it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.....
    The most frustrating thing about the NBA is how inconsistent the refs are even when there isn't some ulterior motive. Some refs will let you get way with grabbing, hacking, etc other will give you calls for breathing on someone it's really frustrating to watch as a fan. If the NBA is actually doing this, which I personally believe it is, it's terrible for the growth of the game Toronto could give you those big TV numbers if the NBA stopped turning everyone off it with their BS.
    Last edited by ScottFromCanada; 04-23-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Donaghy is scum and mostly all of his comments are to simply get into the spot light but like Canseco and others(guy who accused Armstrong of doping) they were right in many aspects.

I hate agreeing with this topic sounding like I'm a sour Raps fan cause so far other then the end of the game last night when their were two very questionable calls that were nothing more then get this team back in the game type calls it's been pretty even. This to me has nothing to do with this series but more or less just in general for so called smaller markets or younger teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFromCanada View Post

Those know, know. Those who don't, dont. To those who know what's going on in the NBA and professional sports, it pretty obvious.
    Exactly.
    Signature.

Only the truly naive could possibly think that there isn't big money behind the scenes putting pressure on these games and teams, whether it's the NBA or organized crime.

Think about this logically. Organized crime is a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Legal gambling is a multi-billion dollar industry. The NBA is a multi-billion dollar industry. Do you really think that NONE of them have their fingers in the industry either through the players or the referees? You might as well tell yourself that there's no corruption in politics. There's just TOO much money for people NOT to be getting involved behind the scenes.

Do you think ANY of them care which fans get shafted? They care about the almighty dollar, and that means ratings and point shaving.

Donaghy was a crook and has a vested interest, but let's not fool ourselves. What are the REAL odds that he's the ONLY referee that is compromised in the NBA? Does anyone doubt the existence of "home court" calls during the regular season? Or that some teams get MORE calls than others? Or that Superstar calls are an accident?

And there are a LOT of ways to get at someone. Through them, their families, their friends, their bosses... you think Organized crime grew through being nice?

I would not be surprised if there's more than a few people behind the scenes pushing buttons trying to get different outcomes.

And that's before you even talk about veteran calls, superstar calls and home cooking...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

watching the first two games as a Raptors fan albeit it felt like Brooklyn was getting away with a lot more than Toronto, especially Valencunas as he's been called for a few bad ones around the hoop. There were back to back charge/block situations late in game 2 very similar plays and both calls went in favour of the nets. Even Jack Armstrong has been very vocal about the officiating and I for one love it, its too bad league officials probably arent even watching the game haha

Come on guys I'm for Toronto but stop lining up excuses. It shows you aren't confident.
    No way they are fixing this series both rack in money

Lets just keep in mind that Donaghy is so bad at identifying rigged games, his own mob partners refused to bet on the games he deemed to be rig worthy.

Sorry guys but the almighty dollar doesn't drive everything, everywhere. Not when there is money to lose for the NBA and not when there is money to be gained by exposing it. Oh wait, those 2 revolve around money, so I guess the argument works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Come on guys I'm for Toronto but stop lining up excuses. It shows you aren't confident.
    All it shows is that we aren't confident in the league not our teams ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    We aren't confident? What is that supposed to mean? Sometimes I wonder if you even think before you post. We're sitting at home watching a bunch of grown men play sports for money. Big money. Of course games are rigged to an extent. Basketball is one of the easier ones to rig. I don't think every game is, but important ones most certainly are. You have to be incredibly dumb or naive to believe fixing games doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast