Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I am ashamed to admit that...on Opening Day...I fell asleep before the end. I made it until the 6th inning, listened through the 7th...and then, missed the freaking ending!!!

I hate west coast games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I am ashamed to admit that...on Opening Day...I fell asleep before the end. I made it until the 6th inning, listened through the 7th...and then, missed the freaking ending!!!

I hate west coast games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right there with you. No fun when you have to be up by 4:30am the next morning trying to last past 11pm to watch opening night and that Central time. I can only imagine you guys with the Eastern time. Welp try doing it again tonight I guess.

As for the game, Masty with a gem. I guess he is showing some team that he is worth that 17mill. Sounds like the 8th inning got a little interesting there with Allen getting a little wild. Apperantly Plush made a great play on Donaldson HR/Single to allow the runners only to advance 1 base. If he get on base and get some steals he could be a steal this season for the team with Bourn's issues.

Ax-Man of course has to walk a couple batters. Its the Tribes closer ways. Jim Johnson didn't make any friends in Oakland last night as their new closer however.

Not much to speak of on offense as the club struck out 12 times and 11 of those were in the first 8. Too many men left on base (reoccuring theme).

Dr. Smoove was maybe the only player of note on the offensive end IMO but Plush and Swisher did come show up at least in the 9th.

And yeah, Grady F'ing Sizemore.

#fiftyfive

Well, girls... a W is a W.. and we'll take it.. The Indians continue their mastery over the AL West.. They seem to be able to just kill the West..

Notes/musings on the game..

1. Too many missed opportunities.. The A's were responsible for a lot of the misses.. but, when the situation is runners at 3B and less than two outs, the Tribe has to have a run..

2. Sarby didn't have his best game.. He appeared to be a bit cautious.. He may have been more than right on a couple of chances.

3. Swisher owns the A's.. he should have NO DAYS off when the opponent is wearing green and gold..

4. Masterson & Gray were both masterful.. excellent starting pitching by both clubs..

5. Tony Plush made some plays.. as opposed to the comment about " Masterson playing for his next contract..." it's more apparent that it's Nyjer that is playing to continue his contract..

6. David Murphy was completely baffled by Gray's curve ball.. totally bumfuzzled..

7. Santana at 3B was a non-starter..not much happened there..

8. Kluber v Kazmir: If Kaz is hopped up about not being resigned.. good. maybe his adrenaline will get the better of him and he'll leave some of his straight FB's up in the zone..Kluber needs to throw his fastball and slider.. a LOT...

Good start to the season.. 1-0.. going for the series win tonight...

@Katie_Witham: #Indians vs. #Athletics game has been cancelled. First rainout in Oakland in 16 years. Will play split doubleheader(12:30/6PM PT) tomorrow
    Lots to watch tomorrow. Cavs are also playing.

#DoubleNickels

Bummer... game rained out.. but LET'S PLAY TWO!! today.. yeah !..

Kluber blaming Kazmir for the rainout. That was pretty good.

Also if you guys haven't seen the Bruce Dennan flip out regarding the caller asking the chances of Derek Jeter coming to the Indians, its pretty good. Obviously Bruce didn't know it was probably an April Fools joke.

#fiftyfive

Should have been out of the inning against Moss. Kluber got squeezed.

#fiftyfive

The play at the plate... couple of points..

1. The charge and throw to the plate by C-San.. exactly what he should have done.. instincts were right on that play.. the throw..could have been better.. he had time and he has the arm to put the ball where it needs to be..

2. The tag by Gomes/call: could have gone either way.. if he was called safe.. it would have been a good use of the challenge by Tito..

3. I am unaware of a rule that says pitcher on the rubber/batter in the box... no more challenge possible. I wonder if Tito would have challenged the ability to challenge if the call had been reversed...

So far.. Kluber doesn't seem to have his good command..and the A's are going the other way on anything with a wrinkle/away. Time for Mick to let Kluber know that hitting a guy/pitching inside..is how you keep the wolves at bay...

Still just 3-0.. and the beat goes on..

Oooops.. 5-0 with Callaspo's two run dinger..

Carlos with his first E of the year and Kazmir cruising.

#fiftyfive

Should of kept Kazmir! I had a feeling Kluber might struggle as he had a question marks. Hopefully he figures it out or this could be a long season.

#DoubleNickels

Guess it was a good thing we didn't resign Kazmir...

...or anyone who can hit

McAllister looks like garbage. I think making Kluber and McAllister your 2 and 3 was a mistake (of the many) by the FO.

#DoubleNickels

McAllister has thrown 35 pitches and is still in the first inning. Get that BP ready.

#DoubleNickels

Just think next year after the FO fails to sign Masty we will have rely on Kluber/McAllister as our top guys. Yikes!

#DoubleNickels

@Britt_Ghiroli: And that'll do it. Ballgame. Orioles lose 6-2 to Red Sox. Jimenez takes the loss in his debut.
    Bad Baldo was pitching for the O's!

#DoubleNickels

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast