Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tony Parker is the most underappreciated player in the NBA

Nobody really gives this guy much credit. Yes, I realize the Spurs=Duncan. I agree with that.

But he doesn't try and be "the star". He has no ego and he sacrifices his own stats for the team because he is the damn point guard. He doesn't play like Jordan or try to be Jordan because he's not Jordan. Jordan plays shooting guard. Who would have thought?

Others may have a better skillset and stats, but if I want to win in the NBA I need a PG. Give me Parker. I don't want Paul. Definitely not Rose, Irving, Curry or Westbrook.

So out of all the PG's in the league, the only one you would take is Parker.... Hmm..

Free As Seagull.

dont be yourself and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    So out of all the PG's in the league, the only one you would take is Parker.... Hmm..
    If given the option to choose any of them? Yes.

great troll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kylem4711 View Post
    great troll thread.
    Yea. Saying you take this floor general over anybody else is trolling. That's the disrespect I'm talking about. Man gets no appreciation.

Probably because he's French.

I feel like one of these pops up every year. He's benefited greatly from Pop and the Spurs coaching staff. (when he first came in the league that mid range shot was non-existent) Now he's one of the smartest PG's in the game, great floor general, and does so many good things. Even without the ball, he's constantly moving making the defense work. He makes whoever is guarding him, work for it.

I appreciate him.

Quote Originally Posted by kylem4711 View Post
    great troll thread.

your sig is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I feel like one of these pops up every year. He's benefited greatly from Pop and the Spurs coaching staff. (when he first came in the league that mid range shot was non-existent) Now he's one of the smartest PG's in the game, great floor general, and does so many good things. Even without the ball, he's constantly moving making the defense work. He makes whoever is guarding him, work for it.
    you are making Tony sound like a passive PG. He is not. you guys win and NBA title last year if it wasn't for his hammy. Tony puts dudes on skates. He is play maker
    Last edited by IndiansFan337; 03-12-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: 2x post

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

11. 03-12-2014, 10:43 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you are making Tony sound like a passive PG. He is not. you guys win and NBA title last year if it wasn't for his hammy. Tony puts dudes on skates. He is play maker
    Yea, but he doesn't take it too far. He's not out there straight hogging like Rose, Westbrook, Curry and Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I didn't mean it to come off like that, but I mean even without the ball he's moving a ton. So if he's not the ball handler during a play (Manu might be) he's still making his man work defensively. Little things like that...

He's the engine of this team no doubt. When he's in attack mode, and gets the defense to collapse, it opens up the court for all the shooters/slashers. The hammy injury definitely slowed him down, he just didn't have that burst after that.

I agree he's massively underrated. Former players do rate him highly. Guys like Bruce Bowen and Jalen Rose rave about Parker, but the media and fans underrate him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era:28136618
    dont be yourself and shut up

To be fair, I've always thought parker was one of the most underated players in the NBA, but to say he's better then other point guards and he's who you want to build around,ehhh.. San Antonio is like the ULTIMATE teammate oriented team in the NBA, very unselfish, so tbh I don't think he'd be as good elsewhere He does have the most chips of all point guards that played as the teams best or second best player, but if I'd have an elite pg on my team, its mister CP3 wit kyrie as a 1B based on potential of what he can be years from now (dude has crazy upside)

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

To be fair, I've always thought parker was one of the most underated players in the NBA, but to say he's better then other point guards and he's who you want to build around,ehhh.. San Antonio is like the ULTIMATE teammate oriented team in the NBA, very unselfish, so tbh I don't think he'd be as good elsewhere He does have the most chips of all point guards that played as the teams best or second best player, but if I'd have an elite pg on my team, its mister CP3 wit kyrie as a 1B based on potential of what he can be years from now (dude has crazy upside)
    Yea, but I want my PG to be on a team orientated system. PG's don't win rings as the star of the team. Dynasties aren't built around PGs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast