Which Mitchell?
    Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Mike?
    sup

our future

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Mike?
    That's what I figured. There's a CB out of Oregon projected to go in the mid-rounds though by the same last name. Terrance.

I like it alot, he is young, great against the run and has no injury history.

Seems like a younger and more talented version of Alex Brown.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 03-11-2014 at 05:32 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

I like this move. We needed help against the run and he's an upgrade there.

TomPelissero Lamarr Houston's deal with #Bears: 5 years, $35M, $12.9M guaranteed. He gets $9M in first year, another $6M in 2015.
    Thread should be updated, guaranteed is only 12.9!

****ing genius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@BradBiggs: More details on Lamarr Houston contract w/ #Bears $4.95 million signing bonus, $3 mil roster bonus, $1 mil base salary, $50K workout in '14.

Looks like 5 mil
    Cap hit to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our future

And if he hits his ceiling as a pass rusher, he'll provide great value if we decide to keep him around for 16 and beyond.

FWIW about the cap hit for Houston...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-b...amarr-houston/

Although this is based off of Biggs and has the guaranteed at 14.9 mil so I don't know if this is 100% correct or not.

just hours into the nfl free agent signing period tuesday, the bears bolstered their defense by agreeing to a five-year contract with defensive end lamarr houston.

Defensive end lamarr houston sacks packers quarterback aaron rodgers in a 2011 game at lambeau field.
    The 6-3, 302-pounder appeared in all 64 games with 59 starts over the last four seasons with the oakland raiders, recording 171 tackles, 16.5 sacks, one interception, five passes defensed, four forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries.

"i'm honored to be joining an organization that has such rich football history," houston told chicagobears.com. "the things that they've already accomplished are something that when you join this organization you hope you can live up to. You know that you're expected to reach certain levels and standards while you're playing for the bears."

houston opted to join the bears due in part to both their storied history and the talent currently on their roster.

"what set the bears apart for me besides having a team that's in a position to win is the attitude of the players who have played there before; guys like dick butkus, with that nasty, in-your-face tough football. That's what i love to play and being in an organization that embraces that, i think it's a good fit for me."

last season houston started all 16 games for the second straight year, establishing career highs with 56 tackles and six sacks while also compiling two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

The acquisition of houston should help a defense that struggled in 2013, when the bears allowed the most points (478) and yards (6,313) in franchise history while tying the jacksonville jaguars for last in the nfl with 31 sacks.

Houston, who will turn 27 in june, was selected by the raiders in the second round of the 2010 draft out of texas.

Asked what he's like bears fans to know about him, houston said: "i'd like to let them know that i'm always going to give it my all. I'm going to work hard and try to be the best i can for the bears."
    lm

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Lamarr's arms are bigger than my legs.

We gave a guy $15 million dollars guaranteed that has had 16 sacks his entire career with last year being his personal best with 6? Sorry, don't exactly have a tent pitched in my pants over this one. I hope I'm wrong of course, but I can't homer how I really feel about it as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacIsNumba1 View Post
    We gave a guy $15 million dollars guaranteed that has had 16 sacks his entire career with last year being his personal best with 6? Sorry, don't exactly have a tent pitched in my pants over this one. I hope I'm wrong of course, but I can't homer how I really feel about it as of right now.
    Once again sacks are not the only defining # for DEs. He was the best run defending DE in the league last year and 12th out of 4-3 DEs in QB pressures. Pressures are almost as good as sacks cause they cause errant throws which equal INTs.

INTs>Sacks

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

His value is in stopping the run. He'll line up off of the RT and give that side of the run-game hell. He'll get the occasional sack, but that's not why you sign a 300+ pound 4-3 DE. Not to mention his versatility inside.

db75 Guest
    That's a good reminder of why you were on ignore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast