Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Swap the eras of Michael Jordan and LeBron James and what happens?

I ask this question from a media standpoint.

We constantly see people complain again and again and again about how media outlets cover LeBron James non-stop all of the time 24/7.

There is no doubt in my mind that this coverage has shed a negative light on LeBron James in many people's eyes even though it isn't necessarily deserved. He doesn't create these stories yet people can't stand it and use that as a reason to not like him.

Now bring in Michael Jordan and this coverage would be 10x worse. We are talking about the greatest player EVER. A player that played in an era where there wasn't twitter, there was non-stop coverage, not stop scrutiny. MJ wasn't a saint. He had a gambling problem, he did his things that would have been questionable in the eyes of the world today but the coverage just wasn't there.

Would MJ's legacy been different in todays era? Lets assume his career achievements stayed the same, but would his global perception been as good as it is considering when he played?

tittaysssssss

LeBron stays the same, Jordan probably gets better than he was.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Another LeBron thread? you guys are worst than BSPN smh

MJ would win more than 6 in this era of weak defensive teams, LeBron would struggle with those great defensive teams in the 90's, he would probably win 3 rings max
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Another LeBron thread? you guys are worst than BSPN smh

MJ would win more than 6 in this era of weak defensive teams, LeBron would struggle with those great defensive teams in the 90's, he would probably win 3 rings max
    you clearly didn't read the question which is funny... i said assume career achievements stayed the same, how would the media of todays day and age effect michael jordans overall perception??

gtfo you clown

I dunno, Michael Jordan couldn't handle the off-speed stuff. He was pretty good in the outfield, he had a lot of range, but his arm wasn't very good. I think he could pass as a left fielder, maybe even a center fielder.

Pitchers today throw a lot more changeups than they did when he was playing. Would he be in the white sox farm system? I think they could use the right handed hitting depth in their farm system, but I think he would struggle at the triple a level when he started seeing a lot more offspeed stuff.

I've never seen Lebron play baseball, but i'm pretty sure he's the next babe ruth.
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

MJ would be better tha he was in today's league if that's even possible. LBJ would be a little worse in half court sets and minus the flopping.

Not a single person read the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Not a single person read the OP!

lol shows me a lot about this forum

Mj would be better. he won't even have to complain jack **** like lbj. James would be good, but he will decrease a little bit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    tittaysssssss

I think Michael Jordan might have been hated a little more than Lebron if the eras were switched. Not as much exaggeration about what LeBron did without social media and Jordan's trash talking and whatnot would be put under a microscope nowadays.

The game is more advanced today than it was back then. LeBron would dominate. Jordan would still be great, but wouldn't be known as the greatest. Just imagine Dirk Nowitzki back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post
    you clearly didn't read the question which is funny... i said assume career achievements stayed the same, how would the media of todays day and age effect michael jordans overall perception??

gtfo you clown
    Jordan would be perceived much more negatively now. He was sort of a jerk, very arrogant, and tough to play with.

LeBron much more positively. Media scrutiny wasn't as high, and with no internet/social media, I think people just kinda stay out of his business.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Can you imagine the daily story and quotes we would get if Jordan punched Steve Kerr in today's modern media cycle? We wouldn't stop hearing about it. It would follow him his entire career, and it would be a circus of ex-teammates and friends talking about playing with jordan.

Jordan would have to issue a public apology. Can you imagine if Nike had dropped Jordan because of it?
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast