Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    What I'm curious is how many cops were at the scene and did they all or most fire at him? That could possibly explain why so many shots were fired. None of the articles I've read have said where he was shot. He could've been shot in the arms or legs multiple times before being shot in the torso for the fatal shots. Who knows if he was on drugs which could've made the bullets less effective (I'm not saying he was, just a hypothesis). He could've reached for his taser, was shot, fell to the ground, and kept reaching for it while on the ground, making police fire more shots at him. I'm not saying this is what happened, just possibilities.
    Last edited by Rush; 03-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Have never seen that show and always thought that dude from SNL was super lame but that was ****ing funny!
    You should seriously give Portlandia a try. Fred Armisen is much better when he's writing his own sketch comedy as opposed to the SNL writers, IMO.

Never had any interest to but I may now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Never had any interest to but I may now.
    The episodes go pretty quickly, I'd say by Episode 3 or 4 of Season 1, you'll know if you're into it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF View Post
    So she has a large penis?

I actually would mind cops less if more cops were female. Harder to be mad at a little old lady asking for your drivers license.
    Dirk Diggler status.

Worst cop I've dealt with was a CHP who pulled me over for doing 58 in a 55. Dude had his uniform untucked and gunbelt off. Fat slob of a cop. Fought the ticket and won in court

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...151005969.html

I remember hearing allegations about this. I'm not surprised at all that this happens, but it's still ridiculous how non-student-athletes have student loans and bust their *** for their grades, while these student (if you can call them that)-athletes get to (voluntarily without consequences) attend college classes and play sports.

That's one ****** paper.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...151005969.html

I remember hearing allegations about this. I'm not surprised at all that this happens, but it's still ridiculous how non-student-athletes have student loans and bust their *** for their grades, while these student (if you can call them that)-athletes get to (voluntarily without consequences) attend college classes and play sports.

That's one ****** paper.
    Seriously? Now you are angry that exploited student-athletes are getting a free ride? (insert not so subtle insult here)

Please next defend the virtues of the Trickle-Down Economic model.

Exploited? They're using just as much as they're being used. They don't even have to go to class, get good grades, and get a free ride! While there are others who bust their *** to earn their grades while working to pay off their student loans. I do believe student-athletes should get some compensation while at school because they can't hold down a side job with the commitment to sports, but do not make them out to some poor victim here.
    Last edited by Rush; 03-27-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Exploited? They're using just as much as they're being used. They don't even have to go to class, get good grades, and get a free ride! While there are others who bust their *** to earn their grades while working to pay off their student loans. Please. I do believe student-athletes should get some compensation while at school because they can't hold down a side job with the commitment to sports, but do not make them out to some poor victim here.
    Btw, you just completely invalidated your whole reason to be angry.

Have you noticed this about yourself SFRUSH, your anger is strangely completely directed towards the student, yet your logical mind acknowledges that the university is equally to blame. You naturally empathize with the establishment over the person.

The schools make tens of millions off these guys. I'd say that is hardly the same amount of "using."

Yeah, they get a free ride. I'd give out free rides too if they would line my pockets with millions. College sports is completely corrupted and just a sham in general.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF View Post
    Btw, you just completely invalidated your whole reason to be angry.

Have you noticed this about yourself SFRUSH, your anger is strangely completely directed towards the student, yet your logical mind acknowledges that the university is equally to blame. You naturally empathize with the establishment over the person.
    No. I didn't invalidate my argument. It seems you didn't even read the second half of my post, only the bolded. It's quite obvious that I feel it's not fair for non-student athletes who don't get these advantages, which is why I'm upset. Like I said above, there are other students who bust their *** to earn their grades while in the mean time have to work one or some multiple jobs to pay off their tuition or student loans. But these student-athletes get by with a second/third reading level, final papers equivalent to elementary school papers, and free tuition.
    Last edited by Rush; 03-27-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Nope. You're wrong. I didn't invalidate my argument. It seems you didn't even read the second half of my post, only the bolded. It's quite obvious that I feel it's not fair for non-student athletes who don't get these advantages, which is why I'm upset. Like I said above, there are other students who bust their *** to earn their grades while in the mean time have to work one or some multiple jobs to pay off their tuition or student loans. But these "student"-athletes get by with a second/third reading level and free tuition.
    Wait so you still blame the student-athletes for the non-student athletes not receiving the same benefits?!?! You literally blame those getting the free rides, instead of those giving them. How warped is your reality? I don't even know where to start.. lol

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-2...ll-2013-1?op=1

ADVERTISMENT: Willing to put anyone here through college, do their homework and take their tests if you can bring me 50-100million in profit. Don't ask for compensation, I consider this equally beneficial.

Can you point to where I blamed the student-athletes?

So I have my big money draft tonight and two of our guys had to bow out this year. One guy had a kid and the other is getting married. Anyways, now we have 8 guys (as if 10 wasn't already lame). I'm the reigning champ in that league (surprising, but yes it happened).

I have the 4th pick and I'm assuming the first 3 picks are going to be Trout, Miggy, Goldy, leaving me with obviously good options. However, I'm thinking of going the best pitcher with my first 3-4 picks since this league will have a crap load of big bats with amazing value. Will probably go Clayton with my first pick. What do you guys think? Pitching always seems to be the difference in my league since everyone has solid hitters. Standard ESPN scoring. H2H.

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast