Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Giants Mt. Rushmore moments

95.7 The Game is doing their Bay Area Mount Rushmore sports moments which made me think of trying to get some discussion going in here during no baseball.

What are you four Mount Rushmore San Francisco Giants moments?

Didn't think or research at all, just went with my gut:

Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series game 5 home run

Madison Bumgarner coming out of the bullpen and getting the save in game 7 of the '14 World Series

Buster Posey's grand slam off Mat Latos in the 2012 NLDS

Michael Morse's pinch hit home run off Pat Neshek in game 5 of the '14 NLCS / Travis Ishikawa's game winning home run off Michael Wacha in game 5 of the '14 NLCS

Bumgarner's Game 7 outing and Ishikawa's NLCS walk off are definitely on there for me as well.

The others I'll go with are...

Bonds' 756th home run

Matt Cain's perfect game

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Bumgarner's Game 7 outing and Ishikawa's NLCS walk off are definitely on there for me as well.

The others I'll go with are...

Bonds' 756th home run

Matt Cain's perfect game
    Out of all the Giants no-hitters from last decade, I enjoyed Sanchez' the most.

Will Clarks single in Game 5 of the 1989 NLCS drove Candlestick nuts. It's worth an Honorable mention, that got us into the 1989 WS.

I proceeded to get so drunk after the game I had to sleep on my buddies couch about by the marina, get up about 3 am and drive to Modesto, SS&S and pack, drive back to SFO and fly to Chicago for Business ( also had tickets to games 6 and 7).

GIANTS 8TH: OBERKFELL BATTED FOR SHERIDAN; Oberkfell flied to
    left; Uribe struck out; MALDONADO BATTED FOR REUSCHEL; Maldonado
    walked; Butler walked [Maldonado to second]; Thompson walked
    [Maldonado to third, Butler to second]; WILLIAMS REPLACED DAWSON
    (PITCHING); WEBSTER REPLACED BIELECKI (PLAYING RF); Clark
    singled to center [Maldonado scored, Butler scored, Thompson to
    third]; LANCASTER REPLACED WILLIAMS (PITCHING); Mitchell walked
    [Clark to second]; Williams popped to shortstop; 2 R, 1 H, 0 E,
    3 LOB. Cubs 1, Giants 3.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

That Jonathan Sanchez triple vs. the Padres in game 162 of 2010 was pretty tight. Was a big sign of "maybe this is our year".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Out of all the Giants no-hitters from last decade, I enjoyed Sanchez' the most.
    My friend and I were debating to go to that game a couple hours before. We decided not to. I so regret that now.

That Jonathan Sanchez triple vs. the Padres in game 162 of 2010 was pretty tight. Was a big sign of "maybe this is our year".
    That whole game was something special. The stadium was so loud when Huff doubled to left-center and brought in Sanchez. I love the photo of him screaming after scoring. And then Posey's home run.

My friend and I were debating to go to that game a couple hours before. We decided not to. I so regret that now.
    My big "game I didn't go to but was close to" regret is game 1 of the 2012 World Series. Found upper reserved seats for somewhere between $100-200 online day of game but opted to pass since it was Zito vs. Verlander, which seemed prime for a not so fun to watch *** whooping by Detroit.

We all know how that turned out though....I was kicking myself harder and harder after each Sandoval home run.

My big "game I didn't go to but was close to" regret is game 1 of the 2012 World Series. Found upper reserved seats for somewhere between $100-200 online day of game but opted to pass since it was Zito vs. Verlander, which seemed prime for a not so fun to watch *** whooping by Detroit.

We all know how that turned out though....I was kicking myself harder and harder after each Sandoval home run.
    I pulled the trigger on those for the same location and price range you described. Got there right at the start of the bottom of the 1st. I still have the ticket, though it's a print out. Did you go to Game 2?

I had tickets to the Petit near perfect game and went out with friends instead. I was so relieved when he didn't get it. I would've never forgiven myself.

I pulled the trigger on those for the same location and price range you described. Got there right at the start of the bottom of the 1st. I still have the ticket, though it's a print out. Did you go to Game 2?

I had tickets to the Petit near perfect game and went out with friends instead. I was so relieved when he didn't get it. I would've never forgiven myself.
    Nah, ended up not going to game 2 either. I think I had work that day and hadn't planned ahead to cancel and go to a game instead.

Renteria.

Cain PG.

Bumgarner game 7.