Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1552
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    That may be true, but my beef is that the media picks and chooses who they want to vilify while others get a pass from them. How many times did ManRam get blatantly caught? Never hear them vilify him like they do Barry.

I get the cheating part, I don't like it nor how it tarnished the legacy of the game. It's an unfortunate 'era' in the game's history, but it is what it is and it can't be changed.

Keeping players like Bonds out of the HOF may satisfy the smug media, but why stop there? Go over every team, every record, every win and loss. Every playoff team and every result of those playoffs games. Wipe out the entire records and stats of that era. Take WS championships away from teams that were possibly 'tainted'.
    Well then you would have to give the fans and advertisers their money back, can't cheat the customer

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Well then you would have to give the fans and advertisers their money back, can't cheat the customer
    Touché guy, I'm all for that! Fans got cheated and nobody cares about them.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    I hope Bonds doesn't get in and at least they are keeping Clemens out too...

Also, it bothers me that you children seem to turn a blind eye to everything.

Have a backbone and some standards.
    Standards?? Haha, more like double standards. As long as money goes into the right pockets, nobody gives a **** about standards. Welcome to reality.

I have a backbone and standards. I don't give a single **** with a capital F about steroids. Not when there's racists, drunk drivers and wife beaters allowed to play baseball and be in the hall of fame but not someone who took something that people can't come to a consensus on how much it actually helped them.

The hall of fame is a living capsule of baseball warts and all. Every era was tainted in some way. The only people being kept out are the ones the media didn't like on a personal level. How does the sitting commissioner of this era get in? How does any player who played when they didn't have drug testing get in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Come down off your high horse. Jesus Christ.

Recognizing some of the all time greatest players as such doesn't take nor lack backbone. If anyone need players like Bonds or Clemens to not be enshrined in a museum of the greatest players of all time, for the sake of your standards, maybe you need your standards adjusted. They cheated nobody of anything. They performed above and beyond their contractual value, providing unparalleled entertainment value to their employer and their consumers.

The righteous indignation card is soiled with hypocrisy. Time to throw in that deck.

If Bonds were a Dodger, would you guys have the same opinions of him regarding his HOF status? This is not a bait question, it's an honest one.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-28-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    If Bonds were a Dodger, would you guys have the same opinions of him regarding his HOF status? This is not a bait question, it's an honest one.
    I don't care about steroids, never have and never will. I care more about drunk driving, spousal abuse etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I absolutely would. Even if he played for Boston...

(Note: Boston is my most disliked team. )

I don't define greatness by the uniform a player wears. I would have hated what Bonds meant against my team, much as I do Kershaw now. But I couldn't be blind towards the accomplishments.

I still believe Kershaw is the best pitcher in the game. Dodger or not.

I'd hate him but still respect his greatness, kinda like regular-season Kershaw.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Yes. Just like i think Eric Gagne was one of the best closers in his prime. Uniform does not define greatness. I think Kershaw is the best pitcher on this planet. Do i love when he struggles? Yes. But he doesn't struggle much. And I enjoy watching him pitch, regardless of who it against.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I don't define greatness by the uniform a player wears. I would have hated what Bonds meant against my team, much as I do Kershaw now. But I couldn't be blind towards the accomplishments.
    I would.

Let me make this clear:

I actually was a big fan of his when he first came into the MLB. I have family in PIT and they loved him too.. the first year or two. He did a lot of community stuff. Then he changed.

When he first became a Giant I still loved him. But the longer he played for us and the more I saw him, and read about him, saw on the telly about him, my opinion changed.

He was an ***.

Then when I found out about the steroids, well I was done with him.

In my book he is a no go for the hall.

That said, I also think that they vote in too many folks who were just meh as players.

I would.

Let me make this clear:

I actually was a big fan of his when he first came into the MLB. I have family in PIT and they loved him too.. the first year or two. He did a lot of community stuff. Then he changed.

When he first became a Giant I still loved him. But the longer he played for us and the more I saw him, and read about him, saw on the telly about him, my opinion changed.

He was an ***.

Then when I found out about the steroids, well I was done with him.

In my book he is a no go for the hall.

That said, I also think that they vote in too many folks who were just meh as players.
    We could argue all day. That's why I have my opinion and you have yours. In my book, the Hall is almost not good enough for him.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!