Duncan/ Milsap

Thank You For EVERYTHING Tim Duncan!

Blake has been the best power forward imo

First, I'm switching my top-3 to

Love
    Davis
    Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Could anyone here see the Blazers trading LMA for David Lee, Serge Ibaka or Al Jefferson?

Could anyone see any of those teams turning that offer down if the Blazers offered LMA for them?

What is that attributed to? Perception?
    I think Portland would be wise to trade him for Serge, and I think OKC shoots that down. Lee and Al? Nah, no reason to. But Serge? Yeah, they'd be better with him than LMA IMO.

Why? Defense. The Blazers suck at it. Serge has a great mid range shot much like Aldridge. There'd be a dropoff offensively but the gains defensively would probably be huge. Ibaka long has been overvalued as a defender (ironically for all the reasons Hawkeye is bringing up for Davis...mainly blocked shots not equating to great rim protecting all the time), but this year he truly has taken a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not really. Davis is completely overrated defensively. I believe I posted the facts earlier.

For the next year, would you really take Davis over Love or Blake?
    You posted one stat.

Sure, he is overrated. Many are fine conceding that. Doesn't mean he's still not considerably better than his peers here.

Offensively there is a gap, and it probably does overcome the defense gap, at least in Love's case. But Davis is no slouch. His TS% and eFG% are right there with BG and Love. His PER is right there with those guys. The volume isn't quote as high and that's the main difference, but we're not talking by huge levels here, especially with Griffin. Blake's taking 1.7 more shots per 36 minutes than Davis. Love and BG have identical usages, and Davis is about 3.5% lower there. That's a gap, for sure. Not a wicked one.

Overall, Davis scores 1.04 PPP. He's very weak in spot-up situations and while posting up, at times, but for the most part he's pretty solid. His PPP is identical to Griffin's and only .01 less than Love's.

The plus/minus and VORP data:

Davis: 4.31 ASPM (2.48 offense, 1.83 defense)
    Love: 5.52 ASPM (4.92 offense, 0.61 defense)
    Griffin: 3.44 ASPN (2.99 offense, 0.44 defense)

Davis: OVORP 3.07, DVORP 0.96
    Love: OVORP 5.52, DVORP 0.26
    Girffin: OVORP 4.2, DVORP 0.15

Love's offense does make up the gap Davis has defensively. But that defensive gap is there and it is significant. Griffin's offense probably doesn't make up the defensive gap.

Aldridge has a 3.02 ASPM, a 4.12 OVORP (Lillard has a 4.53, Wes has a 3.99, FYI) and a DVORP of -0.03 (AKA terrible)

Dirk has a 3.33 ASPM.

League leaders, just for fun

Paul 8.73
    Durant 8.57
    Curry 6.60
    James 6.53
    Love 5.52
    George 5.46
    Westbrook 4.68
    Lowry 4.43
    Davis 4.31

Just rambling. Pardon the tangents.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Anthony Davis is the best PF in the game but Blake Griffin would be my PF MVP.

Yea I'm not an advanced stats junkie, but LMA shoots a TON to get his points. I don't get all the hype around him. He's basically JR smith in a PF's body.

A PF big man that shoots 46%? Now that could be excusable if he shot 3's like Melo or Love... but this is a guy that literally NEVER shoots 3's and despite playing 37mpg only gets to the ft line 5x.

He's stepped up his rebounding but other than that I don't get the hype. People say how inefficient Melo is but he's scoring over 27ppg on about the same amount of shots that LMA takes... only LMA gets less than 24ppg.

POR is having a great season as a TEAM. Batum, Lilliard, Wes, Lopez... that's a nice cast he has around him. He's a nice piece, but I think POR would be damn good without him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    LMA still getting slept on in here lol

LMA
    Davis
    Love
    Blake
    Duncan/ Milsap
    what elevates Aldridge above Davis, Love, or Blake?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Yea I'm not an advanced stats junkie, but LMA shoots a TON to get his points. I don't get all the hype around him. He's basically JR smith in a PF's body.

A PF big man that shoots 46%? Now that could be excusable if he shot 3's like Melo or Love... but this is a guy that literally NEVER shoots 3's and despite playing 37mpg only gets to the ft line 5x.

He's stepped up his rebounding but other than that I don't get the hype. People say how inefficient Melo is but he's scoring over 27ppg on about the same amount of shots that LMA takes... only LMA gets less than 24ppg.

POR is having a great season as a TEAM. Batum, Lilliard, Wes, Lopez... that's a nice cast he has around him. He's a nice piece, but I think POR would be damn good without him as well.
    i knew it. eventually we had to see eye to eye on something. exactly my take as well.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i knew it. eventually we had to see eye to eye on something. exactly my take as well.

LOL.

true. Novak has barely gotten any burn in TO. we've also been very healthy so we will see if that ever changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    LOL.

true. Novak has barely gotten any burn in TO. we've also been very healthy so we will see if that ever changes.
    though in fairness we've been just as awful without bargs too... It's just been a disaster season all around. But my hopes were that his 3 point shot would return to his career norm, it didn't, he's simply not a good 3pt shooter anymore.

though in fairness we've been just as awful without bargs too... It's just been a disaster season all around. But my hopes were that his 3 point shot would return to his career norm, it didn't, he's simply not a good 3pt shooter anymore.
    it went from nice and feathery when he entered the league to flat as he bulked up.

Aldridge
    Griffin
    Davis
    Dirk
    Duncan

That's not even close to true. They're -5 points per 100 possessions with him on court and +1.1 with him off. It sounds crazy that one guy could have so much impact, but with an average player replacing Bargs they could've been a winning team. Not as good as last year probably, but above .500 would've been well within reach.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567