Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    is any of those teams going to offer lowry anything more than 11 million ? do any of them need a pg that bad ? doesnt seem like it to me.
    I don't think so. A lot of the teams that want him right now are contenders that would want him as a backup PG. Only thing is if NY or LA came calling with a serious offer he might listen. But I think it might be a tough sell for other franchises if we can match their offers financially.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [x ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [x]
    Win Championship [x ]

I've never seen you post in my life but I like your style.

Orlando and LAL are still the most viable competitions in free agency imo.

I think LA, Detroit and Atlanta are the teams that have the best chance to sign him away from us. Detroit depends on what they do with Monroe before we really have a true idea of how much cap space they have, I have a feeling it won't be enough. If we are going to have to outbid somebody, I would let him walk. I think 3 year deal at 11m would be perfect, with some type of option for the 4th year.

What about Miami?? I'snt miami gonnna have some cap space this year? I can see lowry in a miami jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveTheRaptors View Post
    What about Miami?? I'snt miami gonnna have some cap space this year? I can see lowry in a miami jersey.
    If Miami have cap space it will be because they lost one of the big 3. Which will most likely be Bosh so I can't see them using their cap space on a backcourt player. To remain competitive they would need to add a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think LA, Detroit and Atlanta are the teams that have the best chance to sign him away from us. Detroit depends on what they do with Monroe before we really have a true idea of how much cap space they have, I have a feeling it won't be enough. If we are going to have to outbid somebody, I would let him walk. I think 3 year deal at 11m would be perfect, with some type of option for the 4th year.
    LA - yes
    Detroit has Jennings
    Atlanta has Jeff Teague
    Win Championship [x ]

Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    LA - yes
    Detroit has Jennings
    Atlanta has Jeff Teague
    Actually I don't think LA will go after him either. I think they are going to save money and go after a superstar in 2 years when Love and co hit free agency, signing Lowry might hinder that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Actually I don't think LA will go after him either. I think they are going to save money and go after a superstar in 2 years when Love and co hit free agency, signing Lowry might hinder that.
    That's what I think is going to happen too but they're a team that could use him if maybe a guy like Melo wants to go there.
    Win Championship [x ]

LA - yes
    Detroit has Jennings
    Atlanta has Jeff Teague
    The way Lowry is playing he is an upgrade over both of those players, maybe they wouldn't, but if teams want to really win they need to upgrade (us included). There seems to be this stigma in sports where fans fall in love with players and then can't see that in order to truly compete, an upgrade is needed (see our fan base and Amir).

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The way Lowry is playing he is an upgrade over both of those players, maybe they wouldn't, but if teams want to really win they need to upgrade (us included). There seems to be this stigma in sports where fans fall in love with players and then can't see that in order to truly compete, an upgrade is needed (see our fan base and Amir).

I would agree with that statement for sure... although not directly about Amir. Amir's efficiency is off the charts if he would just not listen to casey about shooting that summer three when open. For me your statement rang true when posters here say we can't get a top 30 center because they will want to start and hurt Val's development. I see that as counter productive on a lot of levels. Val is a gym rat and is maxing out his development but this team needs depth in the post. Being scared to add talent to this team is ridiculous. For me the only issue becomes if its logical to invest the spending in that particular upgrade. Let's not put limits on this team's ceiling because of emotion.

I don't think so. A lot of the teams that want him right now are contenders that would want him as a backup PG. Only thing is if NY or LA came calling with a serious offer he might listen. But I think it might be a tough sell for other franchises if we can match their offers financially.
    Knicks can only offer the MMLE and a starting gig, that ship has sailed.

Lakers though, I can see them offering him big money. They didn't resign Kobe for $50m to rebuild. Lowry in D'antoni's system could be devastating and he's a good fit next to Kobe because he's not going to demand 15-20 shots. He can live off 12-13shots.

If the Lakers miss out on Melo then they're going to have TONS of cap space and really who else could they spend it on?

Sixers make no sense, they are not in win now mode and they have their PG of the future... I don't think Lowry would go anywhere that he is not guaranteed the starting job. that's why he wanted out of HOU in the first place, because Dragic was threatening his job.

that being said, a lot of teams are starting to play 2 PG's now in the backcourt... so just because a team has PG doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested. DET for instance, Jennings is probably better as a SG anyway, so they could have Kyle as the PG.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Lakers though, I can see them offering him big money. They didn't resign Kobe for $50m to rebuild. Lowry in D'antoni's system could be devastating and he's a good fit next to Kobe because he's not going to demand 15-20 shots. He can live off 12-13shots.

If the Lakers miss out on Melo then they're going to have TONS of cap space and really who else could they spend it on?

Sixers make no sense, they are not in win now mode and they have their PG of the future... I don't think Lowry would go anywhere that he is not guaranteed the starting job. that's why he wanted out of HOU in the first place, because Dragic was threatening his job.

that being said, a lot of teams are starting to play 2 PG's now in the backcourt... so just because a team has PG doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested. DET for instance, Jennings is probably better as a SG anyway, so they could have Kyle as the PG.
    I agree, but what's the draw for Lowry to go? Play with a broken down Kobe, who eats up a third of the cap space, along with Sacre, Hill, Henry, Farmar.... that Lakers team will have to pull some crazy rabbits from their hat, especially if they tie 35 Mil/season into Kobe and Lowry with no other viable NBA starters

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I agree, but what's the draw for Lowry to go? Play with a broken down Kobe, who eats up a third of the cap space, along with Sacre, Hill, Henry, Farmar.... that Lakers team will have to pull some crazy rabbits from their hat, especially if they tie 35 Mil/season into Kobe and Lowry with no other viable NBA starters
    Lakers and LA will always be a draw, they never stay bad for long and they'll have a lottery pick this year too. and D'antoni is a HUGE draw for any PG. Not to mention the following year they could make a run at Love once Nash and a couple of other contracts come off.

D'antoni made Felton an 18ppg, 9apg 4rpg player...

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Unless a serious offer comes around I think he'd rather stay if dollar figures are equal. LA might be an opportunity that he could consider but I don't know if he wants to go to a team that is still rebuilding. He could be starting on their team now but you never know what can happen in the future & he could be part of another cluster ****.

Lowry is playing well for a winning team on his own terms being one of the leaders. The opportunity he has here I think is one he would strongly consider re-signing to. Unless Melo leaves NY & asks Kyle to join him in LA, I don't realistically see him leaving this situation if we match whatever the $ offers are.

In the east he has a better shot of making the all-star team & going deeper in the playoffs.
    Win Championship [x ]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast