Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What does the Foxx say?

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Lakers still wanted DH12 to resign cause he is that good otherwise they would have traded him for draft picks during the deadline or work with another team in a trade that would benefit the Lakers. Stubborn to a fault eh.
    I think Lakers fans knew what kind of baggage was involved, but were set on the idea of having DWIGHT HOWARD, the dominant center. They figured he would get better as he got healthier, and that has happened, however not to the extent that everyone thought. He still has the same issues that he had in LA.

But after he left I feel that the vast majority of Lakers fans were somewhat happy (or at least not upset) that Dwight had left. I personally was OK with it, but still, the idea of having a name as big as Dwight's was the reason I wanted him. After I analyzed it from a pure basketball stance, I realized he wasn't a fit here and he was not someone that I'd want to be a franchise player on my team. I'm gay. I feel that he would be in a better position if he realized that he will not be a post-up big. That's just not who he is. He, and his team (whichever team that may be) would benefit from him acknowledging that.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    What improvements was Dwight really making since the 2009 finals?

I would probably agree with the notion that he was better defensively each year until his injury in 2012, but offensively, he was getting worse and worse. His FT% was around 57%+ when he got to the finals, and then steadily declined over 3 yr span down to 49%!
    49% was actually the injury year. Hes consistently been around 59-60% for like 6 years before that.

His post game (facing up and backing down) and passing out of the post was more effective, he wasn't as reliant on the PnR and was becoming something resembling a go-to-option. The offense wasn't necessarily at its best that way but it was a strong offense none the less. Certainly something he wasn't capable in his youth, check out what he did in the playoffs vs the Hawks in their first round loss. Dude was a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mw1ttspuLY

Its not so much about the highlights but notice how Hubie gushes over the improvements Dwight has made in his game in one of the very first plays. If you look up the synergy statistics over the years, they back his assertions about Dwight's post game being more and more effective. That tends to happen alot with Hubie's analysis.

The back injury took more than just his quickness away, its changed the way he backs down as well, hes not as willing to take that upper body contact as much, doesn't throw his body around with the same dexterity, this would effect ANYONES post game, even Dream stopped looking so magical when he got slow.

Can a mod please close this nonsense? Do we really need a new Dwight hate thread every ****ing week in here? It's getting old really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Can a mod please close this nonsense? Do we really need a new Dwight hate thread every ****ing week in here? It's getting old really quickly.
    +1

Done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12