Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best SF/SG duo ever?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ + Pippen

11 100.00%
  • LBJ + Wade

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Jordan + Pippen or LBJ + Wade?

Who is the best SG/SF combo ever? You might have picks outside of the two in the title of course, but it seems these two are at the top of the list for most fans.

It is clear that MJ is the best SG ever and LBJ is the best SF ever, but who is better between Wade and Pippen? Pippen's scoring average only exceeded 20 points while playing a full season alongside Jordan once. Wade has exceeded 20 points three straight seasons and would be this year as well if he were getting more minutes.

Pippen was the better play maker, rebounder and defender as well.

My vote goes with Jordan+Pippen. I think Jordan and LBJ almost cancel each other out, but I give Jordan the edge, and Pippen may not be the prolific scorer that Wade can be, but his defence and all-around game is superior.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Jordan+Pippen

Kobe and Shaq!!!!!

I'm playin man I say MJ and Pip. Offensive excellence meets lock down defense.....

Honestly it's not clear* LeBron is better than Bird yet.

That being said Pippen and Jordan. Talent wise you could make an argument for Wade/Bron but in reality Jordan and Pippen were the more cohesive duo. No qualms or questions about who ran the show. Both knew what was expected of them.

Lol

Individually Wade's probably better then Pippen as a standalone superstar but Pippen's skill set compliments Jordan or any other superstar alot better then Wade and that's the biggest difference.

How is it clear that Lebron is better than Bird?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    How is it clear that Lebron is better than Bird?

I'll concede to anybody who wants to argue for Bird at number one for the record. There is a case for Bird.

but frankly speaking, having watched Bird play, I have to say that as amazing as he was, he simply never possessed the athleticism LBJ has, which in turn prevented him from being the kind of defender that LBJ is. That makes a huge difference for me. Bird used his BBIQ to compensate, and managed to get a crazy number of steals, but one-on-one defence, he just wasn't that good.

"The steal" is the epitome of Bird's defensive approach. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RJ5XN8TK8

He makes it look like he's moving up court to defend somebody else, but he's watching another player and jumps to steal the ball. Tricks like this can get you a couple plays a game, but Bird's one-on-one defense simply couldnt cut it.

Also, I always saw Bird as a stretch 4, which is what he was. He guarded power forwards a lot and he played in the post a lot. His range allowed him to spread the floor, but he was more like Kevin Love and Dirk than he was like Pippen or LBJ. I'll get a lot of arguments on that point, I know, but Boston essentially ran with 2 centers and a power forward (Parish, McHale and Bird). We just project the position name onto Bird the same way we call West and Jordan shooting guards even though they were really point guards. Guys like Bird, LBJ, Oscar Robertson, Allen Iverson.... they don't fit in to traditional positions. Fans just project positions onto them. I mean, LBJ is really a point-power-small forward.

But I realize also that most people lump Bird in as a SF. I'm not comfortable with that. But yeah... Bird at his best was arguably better than James at his best. The defense is the deciding factor for me.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Lmao. Its not even close. Pippen Jordan was flawless. Lebron Wade can't do anything smoothly unless its fast break

Jordan and Pippen pretty easily.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

LOL, like saying whats better? $50 or 50cents

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBeat View Post
    LOL, like saying whats better? $50 or 50cents
    Umm no it isn't. That was an awful metaphor. Please come back and try again

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn:27847458
    Pippen's scoring average only exceeded 20 points while playing a full season alongside Jordan once.
    Twice actually.

MJ and Pippen. Wade is more talented than Pippen as a sidekick but the fit doesn't work so in terms of effectiveness, it wasn't too great since he was too redundant to Lebron.

MJ and Pippen, and it's not even close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast