Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Yeah, Dallas seems the most realistic as far as a team actually wanting Melo, but they can't offer much. Just for salary's sake, they'd have to throw Marion and probably Calderon in there, plus a first. Don't think that gets it done though.
    Makes you wonder if they should've traded for Melo when Dallas was stacked instead of letting Chandler join the Knicks (and Kidd). Dirk & Melo would be interesting back then.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Makes you wonder if they should've traded for Melo when Dallas was stacked instead of letting Chandler join the Knicks (and Kidd). Dirk & Melo would be interesting back then.
    Yeah, I would have liked to have seen that combination. Not sure how the cap space would have worked or anything, but it would have been interesting. Maybe they could get it done this season still.

My take on this is the same as it was a few months ago. You only trade him if you're damn sure he's not thinking about re-signing. If you're New York, you can't afford to deal Melo if he's still leaning toward wanting to be a Knick. As mediocre as he's been at times this season, he's still been a top 10-15 guy over the last decade and those guys aren't easy to come by. They're not going to get another top 10-15 caliber player for him in a deal. They just aren't. So if they deal him, they need to feel pretty confident that he's on his way out and just get the best possible deal they can.

I'd sit down with Melo and really talk about what he wants as a player and as a person. If he wants to stay in New York and you can sell him on riding out this rough patch, then you damn sure do it. If he wants to win now and he's on his way out, then you abide his wishes and deal him by the trade deadline to the highest bidder.

Blake for Melo straight up.
    KNICKSTAPE2016

I said after the 6th or 7th game this team is flat and just doesn't have it, and we should trade everyone. They all have team friendly contracts besides amare, and there's a lot of players that contending teams could want.

Start the rebuilding process now while they still have value, of course Dolan won't do that though. He will remain his stubborn self.

The only guys we need to keep are shump and hardaway.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    My take on this is the same as it was a few months ago. You only trade him if you're damn sure he's not thinking about re-signing. If you're New York, you can't afford to deal Melo if he's still leaning toward wanting to be a Knick. As mediocre as he's been at times this season, he's still been a top 10-15 guy over the last decade and those guys aren't easy to come by. They're not going to get another top 10-15 caliber player for him in a deal. They just aren't. So if they deal him, they need to feel pretty confident that he's on his way out and just get the best possible deal they can.

I'd sit down with Melo and really talk about what he wants as a player and as a person. If he wants to stay in New York and you can sell him on riding out this rough patch, then you damn sure do it. If he wants to win now and he's on his way out, then you abide his wishes and deal him by the trade deadline to the highest bidder.
    Yeah, I mean, if Melo wants to stay in New York, then you keep him. I'm just going off the assumption he wants to win sooner rather than later and will look for a better team willing to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by SINCESTARBURY25 View Post
    Blake for Melo straight up.
    I wouldn't do that if I'm LA. Blake has made a lot of improvements in his game this season, and you could argue he's actually been better than Melo. Plus, he's five years younger and he's locked in until 2017. So, why should the Clippers make that deal?

I wouldn't do that if I'm LA. Blake has made a lot of improvements in his game this season, and you could argue he's actually been better than Melo. Plus, he's five years younger and he's locked in until 2017. So, why should the Clippers make that deal?
    Melo with Chris Paul makes them a legit contender. I have no doubt Melo with a star PG would be lethal. Blake is not better than Melo, especially come playoff time. You pair Cp3 and Melo Clippers would come out the West imo. Clippers get Melo in his prime still and Knicks get a player they can build around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Melo with Chris Paul makes them a legit contender. I have no doubt Melo with a star PG would be lethal. Blake is not better than Melo, especially come playoff time. You pair Cp3 and Melo Clippers would come out the West imo. Clippers get Melo in his prime still and Knicks get a player they can build around.
    But you only get Melo for two more years unless he re-signs, which is never a guarantee. And he's already 29, so even if he does re-sign, you're not getting prime Melo for too much longer. Blake is only 24 and is locked in until at least 2017. I just don't see it unless the Knicks throw in something else to sweeten the pot. There was a lot of discussion about a possible Melo for Blake deal a few weeks ago, and it seemed from most involved in the talks that the Clippers just didn't want to make the swap.

But you only get Melo for two more years unless he re-signs, which is never a guarantee. And he's already 29, so even if he does re-sign, you're not getting prime Melo for too much longer. Blake is only 24 and is locked in until at least 2017. I just don't see it unless the Knicks throw in something else to sweeten the pot. There was a lot of discussion about a possible Melo for Blake deal a few weeks ago, and it seemed from most involved in the talks that the Clippers just didn't want to make the swap.
    Melo would re-sign, theres only a few team I could see him re-signing with and the Clippers are one along with Bulls and a few others. IT's no secret Melo and CP3 have wanted to team up. Melo is 29 he would be in his prime for another 4-5 years, same as chris Paul. I don't see the Clippers winning the ship with the team currently constructed. With Melo I could see them beat teams like the Spurs and Thunders. As far as marketing and regular season goes trading Blake makes no sense but if they want a real shot to win title, this swap makes sense for both teams but it probably won't happen like you said.

Cap relief and a few mid 1st round picks are about what you're going to get unless he agrees to an extension with whatever team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Not happening, Melo would make us worse defensively and isn't much of an upgrade offensively (if at all). Blake has been disappearing/injured in the post season, that much you're right about, but I wager this is the year he breaks out and sees his game translate into the post season for once.

Melo being at the tail end of his prime is not a good thing considering Blakes youth/work ethic.

Id rather see what Blake has in store at his apex than know Melo isn't enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Yeah, I would have liked to have seen that combination. Not sure how the cap space would have worked or anything, but it would have been interesting. Maybe they could get it done this season still.
    Well, Dirk is playing again. I think Dallas is actually better this year than last year by adding Monta.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12