Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should New York Trade Melo?

Would you trade him or hold on to him if it was your decision? What pieces can you package with him and whats the best situation you can come out with?
    KNICKSTAPE2016

What would you want from PHX, not saying I want Melo. Just curious about the return you would want/expect

Dragic, Len, Okafor and pics

Who could they trade him for in reality? They won't trade him to a scrub team because he'll just leave.

I mean the only team that can maybe make a deal for him are the Bulls.

I say keep him and hope for the best in 2015-2016

Eric Bledsoe, Alex Len and a first round pick in this years draft top 10 only.
    Lots of young talent there.
    pg-Eric Bledsoe
    Sg-Hardaway Jr
    sf-Shumpert
    pf-Aaron Gordon
    C-Alex Len
    Last edited by SINCESTARBURY25; 01-21-2014 at 01:00 AM.
    KNICKSTAPE2016

If they don't trade him, he is probably going to sign with another team, i.e. a repeat of the Dwightmare. It would be awful if both LeBron and Carmelo left. I'm sure Knicks fans would boo Melo for life. But that's the situation. I think they should trade for a proven big man and some shooters with draft picks.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Knicks should absolutely trade him. If Melo wants to win, he's not going to re-sign. That team isn't close right now.

At the same time, I don't think there's a team out there that would give everything the Knicks would want for a half-season rental. Maybe the Mavericks would just because Cuban likes to gamble and they could make a playoff push, but I'm not sure they even have something to tempt the Knicks.

NY should learn from what happened with CLE and LA.
    If the guy doesn't say he absolutely wants to stay or says he wants to test the FA market, Get what you can for him while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Who could they trade him for in reality? They won't trade him to a scrub team because he'll just leave.

I mean the only team that can maybe make a deal for him are the Bulls.

I say keep him and hope for the best in 2015-2016
    Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit (Monroe?), maybe New Orleans since they're supposedly looking to dump Gordon/Tyreke

Replace Gordon with Anthony Davis and we got a deal ill even give you shumpert,felton heck whoever you want.
    KNICKSTAPE2016

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit (Monroe?), maybe New Orleans since they're supposedly looking to dump Gordon/Tyreke
    I would like to see him with Dallas because Dirk's time is ending and they need a new star, but yeah, what would they offer? I can't see NY trading him to the Bulls or Detroit. Phoenix is kinda doing their own thing right now and getting better, don't see Melo fitting in there.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SINCESTARBURY25 View Post
    Replace Gordon with Anthony Davis and we got a deal ill even give you shumpert,felton heck whoever you want.
    lol, no chance at all that the Knicks would get Davis for a half year of Melo

Eric Bledsoe, Alex Len and a first round pick in this years draft top 10 only.
    Lots of young talent there.
    pg-Eric Bledsoe
    Sg-Hardaway Jr
    sf-Shumpert
    pf-Aaron Gordon
    C-Alex Len
    Suns don't have any available top 10 picks in this year's draft. Three of them are essentially lotto protected and the other(their own) probably wouldn't result into a top 10 pick if they traded for Melo.

Pelicans have made it clear they're building around Davis...

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    I would like to see him with Dallas because Dirk's time is ending and they need a new star, but yeah, what would they offer? I can't see NY trading him to the Bulls or Detroit. Phoenix is kinda doing their own thing right now and getting better, don't see Melo fitting in there.
    Yeah, Dallas seems the most realistic as far as a team actually wanting Melo, but they can't offer much. Just for salary's sake, they'd have to throw Marion and probably Calderon in there, plus a first. Don't think that gets it done though.

Taj/Miriotic for Melo
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast