Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is it wrong to be a Female who love basketball??

I have to start by saying YES I am a real girl on PSD and YES I LOVE basketball.
    I have had guys here on PSD who calls me fake and who say there are no real females on PSD. I have to say I am a bit disappointed by that. It made me start wondering if I am weird for loving the sport. I have to admit I don't come across many females talking about BB. However, I am always encouraged by female celebrities who attend games since it makes me feel it is ok to like the sport.
    So is it wrong to be a female who love bb? Would you be ok if your wife/girlfriend was a bb fanatic? Be honest

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    It's all good in my book!
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Well Mzgrizz (my fellow grizz fan) is active here on psd. I really enjoy her posts in the grizz forum.

But back to your question, No I don't think its weird for females to like basketball. However there is usually a stereotype of what kind of girls have sports knowledge. As for me, I wouldn't mind a girlfriend who has some fundamental knowledge about sports in general, but I do think if she knew as much as me or more, it might be a turnoff for me personally

Chicks who dig hoops are sexy as hell in my book. Similar to accents, the ability to talk hoops can turn a 6 into an 8 and a 7 to a 9.

I feel like if you're a girl you're currently single and you're on PSD striving to get attention from men? I don't think all women who like sports are fishing for attention from men; to be clear this thread just screams that to me.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Plz post pics for us to judge.

(kidding)

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with a girl who loves hoops. Seems like a lot of girls on the west coast enjoy it. Around me, most of the women like hockey and baseball, and it's very unattractive to me. My girl will watch basketball with me, but she's not actually a fan.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    Plz post pics for us to judge.

(kidding)

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with a girl who loves hoops. Seems like a lot of girls on the west coast enjoy it. Around me, most of the women like hockey and baseball, and it's very unattractive to me. My girl will watch basketball with me, but she's not actually a fan.
    It is weird. I know chicks in LA who are HUGE Laker fans. I know chicks in AZ that bleed Wildcat basketball. Out here all the chicks just pretend to be Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    I have to start by saying YES I am a real girl on PSD and YES I LOVE basketball.
    I have had guys here on PSD who calls me fake and who say there are no real females on PSD. I have to say I am a bit disappointed by that. It made me start wondering if I am weird for loving the sport. I have to admit I don't come across many females talking about BB. However, I am always encouraged by female celebrities who attend games since it makes me feel it is ok to like the sport.
    So is it wrong to be a female who love bb? Would you be ok if your wife/girlfriend was a bb fanatic? Be honest
    Yes that would be extremely hot!

Yes.

I might have said something, and I was COMPLETELY joking. There have been, and still are, great female posters here on PSD. My wife loves basketball, and it's awesome. We watch every game together, and just went to see another game in person with friends yesterday. We play basketball trivia on long car rides and have a huge collection of NBA stuff we have all gotten together. You are awesome for liking basketball, and are an even better catch for a dude who shares your passion. Chin up, you are cool. Sorry if my joke came off as offensive, it wasn't meant to be.

Totally depends on how pretty you are. NBA standards arent as high as NFL but you cant be no ugly hockey chik.

obviously it's cool, why would that not be okay?? stop looking for attention.

if by "basketball" you mean cooking and cleaning.. then yes, it is ok.

weird question. why would anyone have a problem with girls liking any sport? its just not common to find many female hardcore fans who are willing or able to have an in depth discussion about it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast