Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hoopsworld.com closes. Favorite alternatives?

So www.hoopsworld.com just up and closed its doors. It was my favorite go-to site for everything you need to know about a team's cap situation, transactions, future draft picks owed and due, etc....

It's now redirecting to hoopshype.com, which is ok, but far inferior and annoyingly wants you to answer survey questions to access it.

My question is, what site does everyone use as their go-to basketball GM'ing site?

Sad day for me...

Hoopshype is my go-to and has been for a while. The surveys are annoying, but I just click through them really quickly. Also, having the media twitter feed on the site is an awesome resource. I'll also use rotoword and hoopsrumors on occasion. And basketball reference occasionally has some of the things you may be looking for. Storyteller is also a great source for contract and salary info.

Been going to hoopshype for a long time. I have Ad blocker plus so I'm not bothered with surveys or pop ups on that site.

The Site Whom Shall Not Be Named, lol.

obvious choice is hoopshype. That's my go to.

shamsports.com for salaries, and lists of exceptions, holds, trade kickers, etc.
    storytellerscontracts.com for if i want salaries for all teams on one page.
    google search for "future nba draft picks detailed" and hit the first link for draft pick debts. prosportstransactions.com (link) also works okay for draft pick debts.

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    shamsports.com for salaries, and lists of exceptions, holds, trade kickers, etc.
    storytellerscontracts.com for if i want salaries for all teams on one page.
    google search for "future nba draft picks detailed" and hit the first link for draft pick debts. prosportstransactions.com (link) also works okay for draft pick debts.
    Thanks for the info. shamsports.com looks decent for contracts (though not up-to-date) and prosportstransactions.com/******.com do a good job with draft pick debts. hoopsworld.com was just the best of both worlds, though.

Shamsports has the most exact number for contracts ,even espn writers cite them .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

yeah its pretty much strictly hoopshype and PSD for me.

twitter is also a very good source for up to date rumors and information

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsDaily View Post
    So www.hoopsworld.com just up and closed its doors. It was my favorite go-to site for everything you need to know about a team's cap situation, transactions, future draft picks owed and due, etc....

It's now redirecting to hoopshype.com, which is ok, but far inferior and annoyingly wants you to answer survey questions to access it.

My question is, what site does everyone use as their go-to basketball GM'ing site?

Sad day for me...
    Hoopsworld I used to like, but when the ads started being forced on you, I stopped visiting. The whole USA Today thing that was being shoved down your throat didn't help the situation either.

I use www.spotrac.com/nba for contracts. Very easy, simple, straight forward.

Never used shamsports though, so I couldn't tell you if it's any worse or better.

Its already been mentioned, spotrac and shamsports.

Some of the guys who wrote for hoopsworld have a new website: http://www.basketballinsiders.com

Why not try real General Manager? I have only heard good things. That and PSD are the best imo.

Rotoworld for trades and such, and hoophype for other crap
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast