Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    2,059

    Who are your Best Late Draft picks (Over 40th Pick) Last decade

    Who would you pick as the best 2nd round draft pick (40th and above) from the last decade?
    My Picks are (in no particular order)

    Marc Gasol : Picked 48th in 2007
    Goran Dragic : picked 45th in 2008
    Paul Millsap : picked 47 in 2006
    Monta Ellis : picked 40th in 2005
    Mo Williams : picked 47th in 2003

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,029
    Manu

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,029
    Manu doesn't count I pick gasol .Stephenson though not on these guys level turned out to be a great pickup at 40

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrl View Post
    Manu doesn't count I pick gasol .Stephenson though not on these guys level turned out to be a great pickup at 40
    Yea Manu could definitely be the best but was drafted in 1999. Easily among the best Ever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    104,780
    Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Who would you pick as the best 2nd round draft pick (40th and above) from the last decade?
    My Picks are (in no particular order)

    Marc Gasol : Picked 48th in 2007
    Goran Dragic : picked 45th in 2008
    Paul Millsap : picked 47 in 2006
    Monta Ellis : picked 40th in 2005
    Mo Williams : picked 47th in 2003
    That is an impressive list.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    It shows how limited the success is of these picks. Lets round up and say there are about 10-15 players taken in the 40-60 range the last decade. That means out of 200 draft picks, about 5-7.5% of them worked out out which isnt terrible by itself. There are some diamonds in the rough.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,674
    Isiah Thomas was the last pick im the draft a few years back. Quite the find. Parsons was a 2nd rounder, but not sure about the 40's range.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,117
    Steve Kerr was spot on about Dragic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    Isiah Thomas was the last pick im the draft a few years back. Quite the find. Parsons was a 2nd rounder, but not sure about the 40's range.
    I forgot all about Isaiah Thomas! Parsons was picked at 38. I thought of him. A great pick up at 38

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,869
    Micheal Redd was pretty damn good for a while, he was taken in the 40ish range if i'm not mistaken.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    2,059
    Stephen Jackson was also great for a 43rd peak but he was drafted years ago

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,098
    Isiah Thomas, Marcin Gortat, Ellis, Millsap, Lou Williams, Lance Stephenson, and Gasol come to mind with some guys just missing the cut Boozer, Parsons, , Asik, and Deandre Jordan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,501
    I'm sure gilbert arenas for a second rd pick.
    Kings of New York

    WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •