Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 134
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,687

    Ravens Official Off-Season Thread

    Post any and all Off-Season related moves here (except draft discussion which can remain in the other thread)

    Jim Caldwell is officially gone. Who do you guys want to interview to become the OC next year?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,144
    I don't get why people want Norv Turner. He runs the same exact system that Cam Cameron ran.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,994
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    I don't get why people want Norv Turner. He runs the same exact system that Cam Cameron ran.
    to fire him again to try and win a superbowl
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,144
    Looks like the OC jobs is between Kyle Shanahan or Hostler. meh.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,687
    Welcome Gary Kubiak and Ryan Dennison! Did NOT see that one coming!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,862
    I like it. Hopefully we will be able to use zone blocking more efficiently.

    Wonder if this means Leach stays on for a minimum amount? I still see Jacoby gone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,687
    I think it means Leach will definitely stay. Im hoping this doesn't hurt the development of Kyle "Juice" though, really wanna utilize him more next year

    But GREAT HIRING. So unexpected, and so awesome

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,994
    doesn't harbuahg really not like kubiack?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,144
    Monroe is a bad fit under Kubiak.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,862
    The more I hear people talk about it, the more im thinking both Jacoby and Leach are gone. Juice should get more looks as a flex option.

    I know he isn't young and near his prime, but what would Larry Fitz do for this team? Hypothetically, we can trade a 3rd rounder for him and get him to restructure for a low cap hit, would he fit on this team? Him and Torrey out wide, Pitta taking over the middle of the field with Marlon Brown.

    That would let us use the first round pick on a LB, maybe Mosley? Which in the end could slide all over our other needs up in the draft, with offensive line being addressed sooner.

    Another note, I wouldn't expect ANYTHING from him, but what about Rolando McClain? He has said he wanted to only take a year off before returning. The Ravens do own his rights. Could he be a replacement for Jameel McClain as depth?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Monroe is a bad fit under Kubiak.
    Any free agents you would like to see as our tackles? I still like K.O. being guard, but who knows, he might be ready for being a tackle.

    I personally liked Monroe. Smart guy, and seemed to have jelled well. Although he was not a great tackle, i'd like to see him come back if the price was right.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,144
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    Any free agents you would like to see as our tackles? I still like K.O. being guard, but who knows, he might be ready for being a tackle.

    I personally liked Monroe. Smart guy, and seemed to have jelled well. Although he was not a great tackle, i'd like to see him come back if the price was right.
    Idealistically he comes back under market value and we draft Cyrus at 17.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,994
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    The more I hear people talk about it, the more im thinking both Jacoby and Leach are gone. Juice should get more looks as a flex option.

    I know he isn't young and near his prime, but what would Larry Fitz do for this team? Hypothetically, we can trade a 3rd rounder for him and get him to restructure for a low cap hit, would he fit on this team? Him and Torrey out wide, Pitta taking over the middle of the field with Marlon Brown.

    That would let us use the first round pick on a LB, maybe Mosley? Which in the end could slide all over our other needs up in the draft, with offensive line being addressed sooner.

    Another note, I wouldn't expect ANYTHING from him, but what about Rolando McClain? He has said he wanted to only take a year off before returning. The Ravens do own his rights. Could he be a replacement for Jameel McClain as depth?
    do you honestly see the cards trading him though? espscially when they just barely missed the playoffs after winning 10 games?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    do you honestly see the cards trading him though? espscially when they just barely missed the playoffs after winning 10 games?
    That's true. I was just wondering if anyone had the same thoughts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,994
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    That's true. I was just wondering if anyone had the same thoughts.
    i think its a great idea, i just dont see why they would want to do it. especially since fitz just came out and said he would renegotiate to stay
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •