Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

If Bynum goes to Miami, is there even a point to finishing the season?

Obviously this is a polemic question. Bynum could get injured, or there could be a lack of chemistry, but it speaks to larger problems in the NBA.

Firstly, I have NEVER seen a center as talented as Bynum get waived. Granted, he is coming back from an injury and there are some questions about his commitment to the game and such, but centers are in demand and he is two season removed from being the second best player at his position.

The past couple of season, the Heat have only really struggled at one position: Center. Their PG rotation is obviously below average, but with Wade and James handling the ball and bulk of the scoring duties, the PGs on that roster don't get as much time with the ball. They are like John Paxon and Steve Kerr. They are there to shoot. The Heat almost lost to 7-game series because they were unable to match the Spurs and the Pacers in the paint. Bynum would give them FOUR All-Star in the starting line-up, not to mention the former All-Star they have littering their bench (Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis).

With teams making moves like waiving Bynum and amnestying All-Stars and make trades to dump contracts, how is the league ever going to develop true parity. You literally have small market teams paying All-Star players NOT to play for them, while big markets who are already stacked swoop in an pick up these guys to pad their bench.

ARGH!!!

Thoughts? Solutions? Questions?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I agree ... bynum should have gotten some sort of ban for basically strong arming the cavs into his release and instead he is getting rewarded and will compete for a championship instead and make very little (for an NBA player) .... what's stopping decent players on bad teams from doing this more often? It worked for bynum .... its BS

But yea if he goes to heat its like why bother? Just give the heat a ring now lol 85 percent of the league is tanking anyway

If Bynum is considered an All-Star, then so should Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis

Bynum has done nothing in what, 3 maybe 4 seasons?

He's talented, but he is a dumb ****... Heck, an injury prone dumb ****. Teams have the opportunity to grab him, it's not Miami's fault they are a top contender and vets choose to play there alongside the best player in the planet

Chemistry and injuries could play a role with ANY player on ANY team. Miami should be more careful if anything, because their style of play hasn't let them down in two seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

Do The Heat even want him? I see people acting like it's the end of the world if he goes there but we haven't heard Riley saying he wants him or if he goes to OKC, Clippers hell to me I won't mind if The Spurs get him and see what Coach Pop can do with him. I don't think Miami wants to be honest because his head isn't on right.

Thank You For EVERYTHING Tim Duncan!

Solution, don't worry about it. Bynum is the most overrated piece of garbage I have ever seen in the NBA.

Interesting situation with Bynum for sure. It seems as if he's only about the only about the money, and will sign with whomever offers the most. Perhaps interested teams will only offer the league minimum, (Not sure about every teams cap situation). Miami has all 15 players on guaranteed contracts, so they'd have to cut someone and pay the hefty tax to obtain him. I'm not convinced Arison is willing to do that, especially for the risk of a player who seemingly is only playing for the check. I think the chances he goes to the Heat are relatively slim. As ManRam said in a separate thread, I bet he ends up on a team that no one would have really thought of. Also, as Stawka stated,
    it's not Miami's fault they are a top contender and vets choose to play there alongside the best player in the planet

No point of having talent if you can't stay on the floor.

I see him in SA though.

Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post
    If Bynum is considered an All-Star, then so should Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis

Bynum has done nothing in what, 3 maybe 4 seasons?

He's talented, but he is a dumb ****... Heck, an injury prone dumb ****. Teams have the opportunity to grab him, it's not Miami's fault they are a top contender and vets choose to play there alongside the best player in the planet

Chemistry and injuries could play a role with ANY player on ANY team. Miami should be more careful if anything, because their style of play hasn't let them down in two seasons

Its not comparable to Lewis and Allen ... besides the fact that there over 30 and bynum is only 26, they decided to go to the heat as FA and took less to play there ....bynum signed with the cavs then screwed them cause he is a lazy pos .... he gets to walk away with 6 mill from cavs and now go sign with maybe the heat for another 2 mill at least and get a ring ....

I don't like the whole vets or good players signing for cheap to stack a team and get a ride to a ring like Payton and Malone did with the Lakers(although it didn't work for them) ... but this with bynum is worse and shouldn't be aloud....

I'm sure the heat would take bynum its just a matter of how little he would take to money wise to go to that talented of a team
    Last edited by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk; 01-08-2014 at 10:41 AM.

I am not even a heat fan but the heat will win it as they are anyways. They really have no much competition out there at the moment. So doesn't change a thing IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    I am not even a heat fan but the heat will win it as they are anyways. They really have no much competition out there at the moment. So doesn't change a thing IMO
    Agree.

I also don't see how a slow Bynum fits into Miami's style of play. It's probably something we don't even have to worry about

wow
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Will Bynum and Wade be 100% healthy? No? Okay, then let's finish the season first.

With or without Bynum, they are winning it all.

First off even with Bynum Indy can still beat them if they have HCA. Secondly they're saying Indy may pull a chess move and snag Bynum so the Heat don't get him. Thirdly Bynum is a hard fall away from retirement. And lastly the new CBA sucks balls...

Is the risk even worth the reward for Miami?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast