Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    People confuse being a feisty person with being a bad person. What was the first thing Cousins did after inking his big contract? Donated over a million bucks to charity. Cousins plays with an edge, he's a firey dude, he gets into with opponents and even teammates at times, but that doesn't equate to being a head case in my mind. I want dogs on my team, not ***** cats.

If he could turn into a defensive anchor, he could be the most dominant two-way C in the league. He is a guy who forces double and triple teams and can break the back of opposing defenses the same way Cs of the past used to. People don't give enough credence to what forcing double teams does for a team. When you don't command enough respect to be doubled and teams play you straight up every night, the stats you put up in that single coverage don't really matter all that much to me.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-03-2014 at 12:19 PM.

I'm a Bulls fan but I watch almost every Kings game on LP. Mostly because I love the way Cousins plays. Best Center in the league in my opinion. He has a massive advantage over Dwight on the offensive end, enough to make up for what Dwight has on D.

I dont think Demarcus Cousins has figured out how to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelb2254 View Post
    I'm a Bulls fan but I watch almost every Kings game on LP. Mostly because I love the way Cousins plays. Best Center in the league in my opinion. He has a massive advantage over Dwight on the offensive end, enough to make up for what Dwight has on D.
    that's not in any doubt. I think Cousins has the best offensive skillset of any big man in the league right now, and I really don't think anyone out there is close. But he's been a spoiled brat ever since he came into the league, if he cleans up his attitude [or has], then the sky's the limit for this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelb2254 View Post
    The way the game is played now I think it is more valuable to have a defensive center than an offensive one. You can get your points elsewhere, but getting stops inside the paint is how you win.

Two best offensive Cs in the NBA are him and Brook... Scary thing though is that he's just 23 years old and to couple with his volume and much improved efficiency he's looking even scarier on the glass. If he can put it together defensively its not very far fetched to think that he can potentially go down as one of the best Cs of this generation.

He deserves TONNES of credit for his improved efficiency it was the biggest knock US naysayers had on his offensive game, watched him absolutely dominate us last night and had it not been for foul trouble he could have easily dropped 45 and 20 on us. He was THAT good offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff:27724699
    Two best offensive Cs in the NBA are him and Brook... Scary thing though is that he's just 23 years old and to couple with his volume and much improved efficiency he's looking even scarier on the glass. If he can put it together defensively its not very far fetched to think that he can potentially go down as one of the best Cs of this generation.

He deserves TONNES of credit for his improved efficiency it was the biggest knock US naysayers had on his offensive game, watched him absolutely dominate us last night and had it not been for foul trouble he could have easily dropped 45 and 20 on us. He was THAT good offensively.
    Strange for me to say this but I think Shaq had some influence on his game since he invested in the kings. I never thought he would be a good mentor for younger guys because he's a goof ball and he gets jealous very easily (D12) but I'm sure he brought him along somehow to where he's at this season.

Yea it's a toss up between him and Brook. Lopez is more efficient, a much better shot blocker and fundamentally sounds but Cousins has the edge in athleticism and a much much better rebounder. Neither guy is better than Dwight tho. Cousins really needs to pick it up defensively. Guys like Davis and Drummond have a much higher ceiling because of what they can bring on both ends

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Strange for me to say this but I think Shaq had some influence on his game since he invested in the kings. I never thought he would be a good mentor for younger guys because he's a goof ball and he gets jealous very easily (D12) but I'm sure he brought him along somehow to where he's at this season.
    I never even thought of that. Can't say for certain but its truly an interesting take on it.

Cousins bad seed rep is waaaaay overblown. He doesn't get into trouble off the court, he brings it every night, and he wants to win.

He's just the new Rasheed Wallace. Fiery temper, you have to reel him in at times, but in turn gets a lot of "reputation" technicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Cousins bad seed rep is waaaaay overblown. He doesn't get into trouble off the court, he brings it every night, and he wants to win.

He's just the new Rasheed Wallace. Fiery temper, you have to reel him in at times, but in turn gets a lot of "reputation" technicals.
    Nah he's gotten into fist fights with teammates, gotten coaches fired, had to have his mother fly with him on board team flights to keep him under control. His rep is well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nah he's gotten into fist fights with teammates, gotten coaches fired, had to have his mother fly with him on board team flights to keep him under control. His rep is well deserved.
    His coach got himself fired and fights between teammates is not uncommon we just don't usually hear about it. MJ punched several of his teammates in the face including Steve Kerr who is a choir boy.

I'm not saying he's not a immature big kid but I'd much rather have somebody with that kind of fire than half these bums that just show up for a paycheck....

I love how you listed a sample size of stats, but failed to mention the sample size.

Regardless, he's a baller and always has been. Proud owner of his in both fantasy leagues I participate in. I don't disagree with his attitude towards teammates at all last season. They sucked, he didn't. Now they have a nice core to build around with him and Isiah. Not a terrible time to be a sac town fan.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    His coach got himself fired and fights between teammates is not uncommon we just don't usually hear about it. MJ punched several of his teammates in the face including Steve Kerr who is a choir boy.

I'm not saying he's not a immature big kid but I'd much rather have somebody with that kind of fire than half these bums that just show up for a paycheck....
    Fist fights where you break your teammates jaw? No. They're not common. Please dont compare MJ's competitive fire with whatever the hell is wrong with Cousins. He's had a laundry list of incidents stemming from his high school days. His coach got himself fired because Cousins basically forced his hand. Dude was out of control. When your mom needs to be with you on team flights it says alot.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast