Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Tag Bailey

also, Jones could be back unless they find a punter...and I think Waters will be back for one more season

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Tag Bailey

also, Jones could be back unless they find a punter...and I think Waters will be back for one more season
    I didn't think Waters was a free agent, I thought he signed a 2yr. deal this past season.

The Official 2014 Off-Season Thread

We don't need to franchise Bailey, he's a restricted FA and we put a 2nd round tender on him.

Waters has not decided if he will retire or play another year and he only signed a one year contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1371/brian-waters

The Official 2014 Off-Season Thread

Waters won't decide until the day after training camp ends.

IMO if he does not come to training camp we should not resign him unless we have injuries and have no other choice.

Jersey Shore 5 miles from the Garrett family in Bradley Beach

did want come back

But have to say every thing i said came true.sorry not best speller.but have to say there was 8 major problems with are team.and to the guys that could right there ***** off dont have a clue 40 years i see it all.il but i told u all dont sign spencer.thats only 1 looking back at preseason foroum..hears one y dallas leads nfl in injures thd past 5years.camp then sesson y.....take a lesson from jerry rice14 hamstrings.one year
    C mon guys .

Jersey Shore 5 miles from the Garrett family in Bradley Beach

had to say one more thing for real dallas fans one more thing and only on fred site

There was a few guys who nows the cowboys .i wish i could find yr name but i dont no how to get back to my old fourm .were every thing i said game out this season.can not typ like some of u fans do.but not one could match what i said.in preseason.fyi cowboy fan show mamy guys played50 percent.and watch how man y need surgery .what im saying dont blame the players.its the hole coaching staff. Im dyeing to no how many .should of not been playing.14hamstrings y are they are not
    . Talking about miles and ware atleast some one on dallas .com.or dallas tell us what injures they have. Does anyone watch romo in the packet hes on the heals of his o line.every though ig looks like hes being hurryed.tryed to call brien and mick about that .y is he not geting back fast enough or far enough like luck does .he always has 3yards back from his o line does anylne see this or am i crazy.sorry guys just so upset had to talk.god bless

Where Are The Biggest Holes In The Cowboys Roster?

Cowboys biggest needs?

Basically the biggest needs are: defensive line, linebackers and secondary. In other words, the entire defense.

At this point Dallas needs to trade down. I'm not comfortable with any starters on this defense... Ware is aging, Lee often injured, Hatcher likely leaving, Carr not living up to his contract, Claiborne often injured, B. Church get's a lot of tackles, but is that a good thing? That probably means the linebackers aren't doing their job. Need a ball-hawk safety... how many times we been saying they need a Darren Woodson? Every year, I hear this, yet they don't do nothing about it...

I think the offense just needs a new offensive coordinator with fresh ideas. And couple more pieces. A guard, a tall WR that is 6'5 (Brandon Coleman would be nice from Rutgers) and a backup RB.

Now the defense. I can't see Ware leaving, so with that being said the projected starters for next year is:

Ware (RDE)
    Lee (MLB)
    Carr (LCB)
    Claiborne (RCB)
    Church (FS or SS)
    Scandrick (Slot CB) Basically a starter, since they usually use 3 CB's every snap.

The rest are competing for their jobs. Or need to be addressed in free agency or draft.

Carter is going to have to compete for a starting spot, he looked great as a MLB with the 3-4 defense, so I think most of his struggles this year was because of M. Kiffin defense. Expect him to start at WLB or SLB.

G. Selvie was solid this season, but I think he's better suited as a situational pass-rusher. Crawford coming off season ending torn Achilles, so it's hard to see him as a starter at this point. N. Hayden needs to be replaced, immediately. B. Bass, same with Selvie more of a situational pass-rusher. Hatcher turning 32 this off-season, rather let him go, and save some cap space, expect him to leave.

With that being said, here's the projected starters as of now.

LDE: Selvie -- DT: N. Hayden -- DT: T. Crawford -- RDE: D. Ware

SLB: K. Wilber -- MLB: S. Lee -- WLB: B. Carter

LCB: B. Carr -- SS: J. Wilcox -- FS: B. Church -- RCB: M. Claiborne

Can't fix all of the needs in one off-season. So narrowing it down, the biggest concerns that jump out is: DT, SLB, and S. With the right defensive coordinator, the secondary should be good. Just need a ball-hawking safety. I think Church is better suited at SS. Don't be surprised if they draft HaHa Clinton-Dix (Would be an outstanding fit).

They can fill the needs at DT in the draft also.
    Last edited by Romo2Bryant; 01-06-2014 at 05:47 PM.

we still have one more shot at Matt Johnson...I hope to God he was worth hanging on to for two years....

lol ^ that D is desperate for a good draft because they will suck.

Cowboys 2014 draft need to be all def. guys! On off. side Miles Austin needs to kick rocks! 2015 draft we draft a Qb to groom to take over in 2016.....

DO NOT SIGN SPENCER OR HATCHER! WARE needs to retructure his contract or trade him!

Shouldn't Kiffin be gone by now? Maybe their waiting to hire coaches after the playoffs. They ended up firing Rob Ryan two weeks after the season.

Some potential offensive and defensive coordinators, I'll like to see.

Offensive: Ben McAdoo (I wanted him last year, QB coach from the Packers), Bill Lazor (QB coach from the Eagles), Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner.

Defensive: Jim Schwartz, Rob Marinelli, Ken Norton Jr., if they consider going back to 3-4 (Ray Horton).
    Last edited by Romo2Bryant; 01-07-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast