Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Yea... but as I've said, QB is the only position we don't actually address in the offseason. I fully expect and all in for a top guy in 2015 once we've built a team around him in 2014

I hope we don't give away the farm to move up. I love Bridgewater and Manziel but we have far too many other holes to fill. My preference would be to trade back for extra early picks or simply take the BPA at #8 like Watkins, Mack or Barr. If we stand pat, I'd like to see something like this:

8. WR Sammy Watkins
    40. OLB Ryan Shazier
    72. OG Gabe Jackson
    96. ILB Chris Borland
    104. CB Antone Exum
    136. QB Boyd or Fales
    160. DL Beau Allen
    192. LB AJ Tarpley

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I hope we don't give away the farm to move up. I love Bridgewater and Manziel but we have far too many other holes to fill. My preference would be to trade back for extra early picks or simply take the BPA at #8 like Watkins, Mack or Barr. If we stand pat, I'd like to see something like this:

8. WR Sammy Watkins
    40. OLB Ryan Shazier
    72. OG Gabe Jackson
    96. ILB Chris Borland
    104. CB Antone Exum
    136. QB Boyd or Fales
    160. DL Beau Allen
    192. LB AJ Tarpley
    Not bad at all man I am a big fan of Exum. I'd probably sub in Van Noy over Shazier at 40, Garoppolo at 72 and McCullers at 96. Still would be happy coming out with your mentioned haul though.

Trade idea from another poster with CLE that allows them to end up with Manziel at #4 and Watkins at #8 for a very nice future to go with Gordon and Cameron...maybe add MJD to their backfield:

CLE gets #8 (1400) and #104 (86)
    MIN gets #25 (720), #36 (540) & #68 (250)

25. CB Justin Gilbert
    36. LB Kyle Van Noy
    40. DT Daquan Jones
    68. OG Gabe Jackson
    72. LB Chris Borland
    96. QB David Fales
    136. WR Donte Moncrief
    160. LB A.J. Tarpley
    192. CB Marcus Williams

Trade idea from another poster with CLE that allows them to end up with Manziel at #4 and Watkins at #8 for a very nice future to go with Gordon and Cameron...maybe add MJD to their backfield:

25. CB Justin Gilbert
    36. LB Kyle Van Noy
    40. DT Daquan Jones
    68. OG Gabe Jackson
    72. LB Chris Borland
    96. QB David Fales
    136. WR Donte Moncrief
    160. LB A.J. Tarpley
    192. CB Marcus Williams
    Love the positions you have mock drafted, and especially that you prioritized D. The one thing I might do differently is either spend the second 2nd rnd pick on Derek Carr or the 3rd rnd pick on Zach Mettenberger. Obviously those guys would have to be available where I'm suggesting and would be happy to go with whichever of the 2 the new HC likes best.

Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    Love the positions you have mock drafted, and especially that you prioritized D. The one thing I might do differently is either spend the second 2nd rnd pick on Derek Carr or the 3rd rnd pick on Zach Mettenberger. Obviously those guys would have to be available where I'm suggesting and would be happy to go with whichever of the 2 the new HC likes best.
    I agree completely. If Carr were there in the 2nd it's a no-brainer but unlikely unless he has a poor combine. We have to look at DE in this draft and fill holes with FA.

25. CB Justin Gilbert
    36. LB Kyle Van Noy
    40. DT Daquan Jones
    68. OG Gabe Jackson
    72. LB Chris Borland
    96. QB David Fales
    136. WR Donte Moncrief
    160. LB A.J. Tarpley
    192. CB Marcus Williams
    I like this except I would take Garopollo instead of Fales

I want Garopollo as a middle round QB, even if we draft one next year.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I want Garopollo as a middle round QB, even if we draft one next year.
    Me too. Like I said a couple days ago. Give a year and see what you can make of him. I think he has the opportunity to be really good

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Me too. Like I said a couple days ago. Give a year and see what you can make of him. I think he has the opportunity to be really good
    Best case scenario is he wins the job in camp like Russell Wilson did. Second best scenerio is he takes the job midseason like Kaepernick did. But I find myself wondering what type of QB the new HC is going to want? Once he (or she to be PC) gets hired then we'll really have something to debate.

I agree completely. If Carr were there in the 2nd it's a no-brainer but unlikely unless he has a poor combine. We have to look at DE in this draft and fill holes with FA.
    I don't think its that unlikely that Carr could fall to the 2nd rnd. Once Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles come off the board the Vikings are looking at taking Carr vs taking Clowney, Matthews, Barr, Watkins, Mack, or Dennard. I'd rather have any of those position players over Carr personally. But consider what happens if the Vikes don't take Carr - only Tennessee, at #12, the NY Jets, at #18, and Cleveland, at #26 if they don't take a QB at #4, are potentially in the market for a QB and if one of those doesn't take Carr he falls to the 2nd rnd.

Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    Best case scenario is he wins the job in camp like Russell Wilson did. Second best scenerio is he takes the job midseason like Kaepernick did. But I find myself wondering what type of QB the new HC is going to want? Once he (or she to be PC) gets hired then we'll really have something to debate.
    Well if its a defensive minded coach (Zimmer please) then I think it would be more up to the new OC but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Well if its a defensive minded coach (Zimmer please) then I think it would be more up to the new OC but who knows
    HC is more accountable in the eyes of the press and fans so I think even a defensive minded HC is gonna have a fair bit of say in the matter. Also since I expect the HC to choose his OC you'd have to assume that the two of them would be on the same page for what kind of QB they wanted.

Id be fine with carr in the 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    ^ dayman, Greenway could play MLB. To me, I see Greenway just as capable of playing MLB as Navaro Bowman. In a 3-4 you could have Greenway at one MLB Position and bring in a guy like Jon Beason. I don't see why those two could not put up the same numbers as Bowman and Willis. And I feel like our best spot for Griffen is at DE in a 3-4, and Robison as a OLB. I think Robison could take fit there.
    In a 3-4 your MLB has to be athletic, able to cover, and stuff the run. At this point in his career Greenway isn't any of that. He is one of the slower LB's in football, he's been torched in coverage year after year. I'm not sure Greenway should start on any D, least of all at MLB in a 3-4. If we make the switch to a 3-4 Greenway has to be a casualty. Greenway or Beason aren't anywhere close to a Bowman or Willis. I would love to see Robison and Griffin as OLB's in a 3-4, seeing how much Mathis has thrived in it, but Griffin is to athletic and gifted to be eating double teams as a 3-4 DE. On the flip side I'd worry if either of them were asked to cover consistently.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast