Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Would you rather build your team around Anthony Davis or Kevin Love?

and why?

Davis for the defense.

Anthony Davis easily.

He's far more versatile, far more athletic, a far better defender, and has a far better all around game will he's still developing.

Kevin Love is the better scorer and rebounder, but Anthony Davis is a great rebounder and is already a very efficient scorer.

They're so different it's really hard to say. I think you can build really great teams around both of them...but you'd just have to go about filling in those pieces in different ways, obviously.

The value of strong defensive big men is hugely important. But I actually think there is a decent abundance of strong defensive big men out there. Big men that can score like Love? Very rare. Love's offensive abilities I think still give him the slight edge, even though I HATE going against the superior defender. I just think you can find complimentary defense relatively cheap and easy.

Really tough call. I very well might change my mind if AD continues to play at this high of a level for an extended amount of time. I'd say I'm 51% on Love and 49% on Davis.

Can't go wrong either way.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They're so different it's really hard to say. I think you can build really great teams around both of them...but you'd just have to go about filling in those pieces in different ways, obviously.

The value of strong defensive big men is hugely important. But I actually think there is a decent abundance of strong defensive big men out there. Big men that can score like Love? Very rare. Love's offensive abilities I think still give him the slight edge, even though I HATE going against the superior defender. I just think you can find complimentary defense relatively cheap and easy.

Really tough call. I very well might change my mind if AD continues to play at this high of a level for an extended amount of time. I'd say I'm 51% on Love and 49% on Davis.

Can't go wrong either way.
    Right now I'd give Love the slight lean. But Love doesn't look like championship material. Davis could reach that level with more efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    Right now I'd give Love the slight lean. But Love doesn't look like championship material. Davis could reach that level with more efficiency.
    This is a stupid statement. What about a 29.2 PER isn't championship material?

Just curious...why do you say that? Because Love has never had great team success? I'm content just chalking that up to being on really bad teams.
    HELLO

Are you talking about offensive efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Just curious...why do you say that? Because Love has never had great team success? I'm content just chalking that up to being on really bad teams.
    He's just not winning and doesn't play high level defense. His team success has been so low. It's hard to believe a championship caliber player could be a book it lottery team.

He's just not winning and doesn't play high level defense. His team success has been so low. It's hard to believe a championship caliber player could be a book it lottery team.
    Pardon him for not winning with Michael Beasley/Luke Ridnour/Wes Johnson/Darko Milicic as his fellow starters!

HELLO

LOL what?

So the other 4 guys on the court with you have nothing to do with your success huh?

You know who else wasn't winning last year? Kobe Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    LOL what?

So the other 4 guys on the court with you have nothing to do with your success huh?

You know who else wasn't winning last year? Kobe Bryant.
    The Wolves have been among THE WORST teams in the league with Love putting up numbers. They have been trash.

The Wolves have been among THE WORST teams in the league with Love putting up numbers. They have been trash.
    "They" have been trash, you're right. "He" has not, however.

You seemingly have a tough time distinguishing that.
    HELLO

Idk how you can possibly say this when the TimberWolves have a better record than the Pelicans...Troll much?

Such a tough question because they are two very different players. Gun to my head though, Kevin Love.

Reasoning: You can find another big easily that can play good defense like a Davis. Currently, the league has more bigmen or centers that play better defense then their offensive capabilities. We have so many Tyson Chandlers, Noahs, Asiks, Hibberts, etc.

But a guy like Love? A bigman that can shoot ANYWHERE from the floor, that can outrebound ANY bigman in the league, that can carry a team on the scoring load by himself. Yeah give me Love. I can find a good defensive bigman to pair Love up with. Not that Davis isn't bad offensively however. Davis is a freaking beast. It's just Love can shoot ANYWHERE on the floor. He's just that good on that end to a point where I don't have to worry about looking for defenders that much.

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast