Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Can the heat create a BIG FOUR in 2014 F.a?

They would have two ways of acomplishs this.

The Easy way:

their three guys sing back.

A veteran verygood player or former star accepts the mle:

Examples:

J Rich
    Pierce
    Granger
    Kirilenko
    Dirk
    Pau
    Varejao
    Okafor......

teh hard way:
    Lebron and bosh dont take the max max they could take, Wade takes a SEVERE pay cut openin the money to chase Melo for example.

Can you see it happening?
    ]

Pau will go to FC Barcelona
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Pau will go to FC Barcelona
    in 2016, most probably.
    ]

No.

Bringing in Melo would be pointless, too.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

They don't need to. If LeBron signs back they will be fine. But you never know what Pat Riley has up his sleeves. The guy is a ****ing genius. I am pretty sure he has already set his blueprint in place for next year and beyond.

Like It Or Not, Riles Will Get It Done: Miami = Greatest Dynasty, LeBron = GOAT #1

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    They would have two ways of acomplishs this.

The Easy way:

their three guys sing back.

A veteran verygood player or former star accepts the mle:

Examples:

J Rich
    Pierce
    Granger
    Kirilenko
    Dirk
    Pau
    Varejao
    Okafor......

teh hard way:
    Lebron and bosh dont take the max max they could take, Wade takes a SEVERE pay cut openin the money to chase Melo for example.

Can you see it happening?
    Hey Crooner,
    This is an excellent subject to bring up.
    What we know is that, of all the people that understand the historical significance of dynasties for the players, the team and the city, Pat Riley is way up near the top of the list.

He's got LeBron; who ever has LeBron can win Chips with decent pieces (it would have happened with just slightly better pieces in Cleveland, and that LeBron is not THIS LeBron).

I've been thinking more and more about this. LeBron (and the super-friends) promised a lot more than 3 Chips. He/they put that on themselves; and, especially after all that has gone on, especially the flak, he (they) will be fired-up to the max to prove everybody (and who really did think they were NOT exaggerating??) wrong.

LeBron doesn't need the Max. He's made tons, he'll make tons more. He'll get a bunch more Top Individual Rankings (at least Top 3 for years to come). If/when he has (near-)equaled all the other All-Time Greats for individual hard-ware; the ONLY thing that will be lacking to force his way (play his way) into being GOAT #1 will be Chips. And for that he needs help.

Riley knows all this. What's gonna stop him from continuously surrounding LeBron with good-enough pieces to compete at the highest levels? If LeBron doesn't max-out $-wise, then NOTHING!

Miami and the Heat are gonna be the Greatest Dynasty since the Celtics (50 years ago!). Actually better, because there are far more teams, far more quality players, and more playoff rounds.

Like Miami or not, like the Heat or not, like LBJ (and the super-friends) or not ... this is NOT a long-shot by any means.

And LBJ individually? This is his 11th season. He already has 10 Great Seasons. This one is shaping up to be at least equal to his best. I'm betting he hasn't even reached his peak yet (imagine that!). If he gets to 15 Great Seasons with even only one more MVP, and 3 Chips (during these next 5 years), imo, he's GOAT #1. (He'd ~equal KAJ, Magic and MJ for Chips and MVP's, and he'd be ~equal to only KAJ for number of Great Years, and he'd be the All-Time Greatest Team-Mate and All-Time Most-Versatile/Complete Player.

And the two other Super-Friends? Continuing on "LeBron's Team" can only help their legacy. Of course, they're in and will stay in, as long as they can effectively contribute.

With all this within their grasp, Miami, the Heat, Riley, the Super-Friends, and LeBron WILL sign up AND deliver. (How could they walk away from it).

N.B. I'm NOT forgetting about the injury question. LeBron gets seriously injured and, of course, all of this is off, or at least on hold and in serious jeapordy. (spelling?)

P.S. So, to bring this back to the OP (in case this wasn't obvious); I imagine any of most of the big stars in the League would join this team to be a big part of what it can do with their help. Let future historians try to figure out just how pivotal THEY were to the Dynasty. Look as the Celtics All-Star team - everyone of them looks (and is rated, by most, as) even better than they really were because of the DYNASTY.
    Last edited by Pablonovi; 11-25-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added P.S.; fixed some typos and other small stuff

btw, my last post may certainly appear as though I'm a huge LeBron and/or Heat fan. I'm a HUGE Lakers fan (for a full half-century plus); and have been a HUGE Kobe fan for all this career.

My post hopefully simply reflects what I see as transcendent Greatness in LBJ. Even if it "hurts" the Lakers (and Kobe's) long-shot chances for more Chips; I'm excited to see if LeBron and the Heat can pull this greatest-of-NBA-challenges off. And they DO have a serious shot at it.

If all 3 signed they would not be considered a big 3. Not trying to be a douche, but it's more like 1.5 maybe 2 when wade is on his game.

Where would melo fit in that line up? What do you do? Put lebron at the1 ? Lol I don't see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Where would melo fit in that line up? What do you do? Put lebron at the1 ? Lol I don't see it happening
    Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Melo, Bosh or Melo, Lebron.
    Small ball its what is about lately.
    ]

don't need melo,
    the heat already have their "anthony".
    heh
    “You can’t worry about things you have no control over.”

"Above and Beyond"

-- Steve Nash

"I don't even care how much I score.
    I just want to win."
    -- Ron Artest

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Melo, Bosh or Melo, Lebron.
    Small ball its what is about lately.
    Lol just stop bro

Based on your criteria they already did that with Ray Allen last season, who was and is still better than a lot of those names IMO.

Spreading the money it would take to sign Melo on a batch of guys, like Livinston, Marion, the Lakers gang of mediocre players, Thabo, Okafor, etc. would be much wiser. Battier, Chalmers, Allen, Beasley, etc. might all have to be replaced. Just bringing a guy with a redundant skill sit who needs the ball in his hands is pointless. I genuinely think adding Melo would be more disruptive than helpful.

Those guys you listed wouldn't really make it a "Big 4" at all, either.

It's gonna be an interesting off-season. Because if they do all re-up for ~20M a year, they're gonna be A LOT more thin than they probably are right now.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    If all 3 signed they would not be considered a big 3. Not trying to be a douche, but it's more like 1.5 maybe 2 when wade is on his game.
    I feel like the big 3 talk from them has just been quieter & quieter then when they first got together. I don't think that's doucheish (yea, I know, not a word) of you at all.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast