Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,452
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Warriors need to take the baby bottle away from Curry and let his butt play. he looked fine. we had to over play Iggy how he's going to be out for a week or so.
    he passed all the protocals according to Ric Bucher. Just had some headaches after working out.


    Iggys problem was a conditioning problem. Last I checked- hamstring injuries are often caused by poor conditioning and preparation.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 11-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    he passed all the protocals according to Ric Bucher. Just had some headaches after working out.


    Iggys problem was a conditioning problem. Last I checked- hamstring injuries are often caused by poor conditioning and preparation.
    He wasn't cleared. Bucher is wrong.

    And how do you know it was a conditioning problem? It could be, but it could be a whole bunch of other stuff as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I couldnt sleep at all last night... we just cant afford to lose games to teams like the lakers. The west is too good to throw away opportunities like that.
    Agreed. But we're down to a roster of nine instead of a roster of 15. We've lost all three of our ball handlers (Curry, Dre, Douglas), two of which were all-star caliber players and starters, we've lost our entire big man rotation with the exception of Bogut (Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic all out) and have been forced into bringing up a D-league player to back up Bogut.

    Take any team, put them in this situation^ They'll lose to almost anyone.

    For example; OKC.

    Minus their best player, Durant. Minus their primary, secondary and third ball handler, Westbrook, Jackson and Fisher. Minus their entire big man rotation aside from their starter, so that's Adams, Thabeet and Collison.

    You're left with;

    G; Sefolosha
    G; Lamb
    F; Gomes
    F; Ibaka
    C; Perkins


    I'm sorry but I could do this with every team in the league and they would suck.

    We've lost far too many bodies, we shouldn't expect to win any games until we have at least 12 men at 100%

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    He wasn't cleared. Bucher is wrong.

    And how do you know it was a conditioning problem? It could be, but it could be a whole bunch of other stuff as well.




    Agreed. But we're down to a roster of nine instead of a roster of 15. We've lost all three of our ball handlers (Curry, Dre, Douglas), two of which were all-star caliber players and starters, we've lost our entire big man rotation with the exception of Bogut (Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic all out) and have been forced into bringing up a D-league player to back up Bogut.

    Take any team, put them in this situation^ They'll lose to almost anyone.

    For example; OKC.

    Minus their best player, Durant. Minus their primary, secondary and third ball handler, Westbrook, Jackson and Fisher. Minus their entire big man rotation aside from their starter, so that's Adams, Thabeet and Collison.

    You're left with;

    G; Sefolosha
    G; Lamb
    F; Gomes
    F; Ibaka
    C; Perkins


    I'm sorry but I could do this with every team in the league and they would suck.

    We've lost far too many bodies, we shouldn't expect to win any games until we have at least 12 men at 100%
    I personally thought we had enough advantages in the starting line up to win that game last night. I thought there was a serious lack of defensive effort for most of the night.

    But if you honestly believe that highlighted post- might as well just forfeit the games and not risk any injuries to guys like iggy if we arent gonna win anyway

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I personally thought we had enough advantages in the starting line up to win that game last night. I thought there was a serious lack of defensive effort for most of the night.

    But if you honestly believe that highlighted post- might as well just forfeit the games and not risk any injuries to guys like iggy if we arent gonna win anyway
    There you go again twisting words. Its plain idiotic that you think we should just forfeit for whatever reason. What goose is saying that when you're down as many players as are currently, we (the fans) shouldn't expect easy, let alone any, victories with the remaining line up. That doesn't mean that we (MJ and Warriors) should lay down and surrender.

    Yeah our starting line up had some advantages over the lakers' starting five, but that doesn't mean that we should win autormatically. They hit shots and we didn't and that's all that matters. What's even worse is that we don't have any primary ball handlers to run the offense. Iggy can handle it in small stretches but not for an entire game.

    Why don't you go get yourself a concussion and report back to me if it's hard playing basketball afterwards. Your comparison of Curry to Rose is about as snide as it gets.
    Last edited by Ninhmeister; 11-23-2013 at 12:59 PM.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    He wasn't cleared. Bucher is wrong.

    And how do you know it was a conditioning problem? It could be, but it could be a whole bunch of other stuff as well.




    Agreed. But we're down to a roster of nine instead of a roster of 15. We've lost all three of our ball handlers (Curry, Dre, Douglas), two of which were all-star caliber players and starters, we've lost our entire big man rotation with the exception of Bogut (Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic all out) and have been forced into bringing up a D-league player to back up Bogut.

    Take any team, put them in this situation^ They'll lose to almost anyone.

    For example; OKC.

    Minus their best player, Durant. Minus their primary, secondary and third ball handler, Westbrook, Jackson and Fisher. Minus their entire big man rotation aside from their starter, so that's Adams, Thabeet and Collison.

    You're left with;

    G; Sefolosha
    G; Lamb
    F; Gomes
    F; Ibaka
    C; Perkins


    I'm sorry but I could do this with every team in the league and they would suck.

    We've lost far too many bodies, we shouldn't expect to win any games until we have at least 12 men at 100%
    Mother ****** exact.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I personally thought we had enough advantages in the starting line up to win that game last night. I thought there was a serious lack of defensive effort for most of the night.

    But if you honestly believe that highlighted post- might as well just forfeit the games and not risk any injuries to guys like iggy if we arent gonna win anyway
    Oh last night we could have won. Less isolation and better defense might have done it.

    But you can't expect us to win a lot of games with no big man rotation, two starters missing (especially when its our superstar and former all-defense) plus no real ball handler. It's just not realistic.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Oh last night we could have won. Less isolation and better defense might have done it.

    But you can't expect us to win a lot of games with no big man rotation, two starters missing (especially when its our superstar and former all-defense) plus no real ball handler. It's just not realistic.
    Ok well then you nailed it

    the front office has two choices.

    A) they can accept losing games and be ok with it

    B) they can make the necesary changes (via free agency/trade/ d league call up/ etc. to make this team a contender

    Its all about adapting. Injuries happen all over the place. The good organizations find way to deal with them and keep winning games

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Ok well then you nailed it

    the front office has two choices.

    A) they can accept losing games and be ok with it

    B) they can make the necesary changes (via free agency/trade/ d league call up/ etc. to make this team a contender

    Its all about adapting. Injuries happen all over the place. The good organizations find way to deal with them and keep winning games
    I agree but there's not much we can do. We don't have any empty roster spots, we don't need to blow up the roster. We just have to wait until everyone is healthy and ride this out.

    I'm just saying, for now, you can't expect us to win, not given our current situation. You just have to be patient and hope for the best, not much else can be done.

    We've been very unlucky with injuries, not much else to be said.


    The truth is we need to sort out the problems that we CAN fix. Injuries will happen, unless they plan on throwing millions at the medical side of the franchise and get better trainers and physios etc then there's not much else to talk about.

    What they do need to fix is the attitude, this team has been playing very arrogant imo, it's not the same as last year, every minute of every game it felt like they were playing their hearts out, not now, it feels more like they're buying into their own hype "we can beat them, whatever" and it's costing them games.

    They also need to light a fire up under the bench and stop playing so much iso.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,386
    Agreed. They are playing arrogantly and some are even playing selfishly..

    I also think they went out last night which could be one reason for the Igoudalla hamstring injury.

    And like someone said, they were simply overusing him. Toney Douglas' injury has really hurt us.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I don't want to jinx anything but...

    Curry, Iguodala, Douglas, Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic all injured... Bogut still healthy, Stylez mind must be ready to blow.
    stylez

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I couldnt sleep at all last night... we just cant afford to lose games to teams like the lakers. The west is too good to throw away opportunities like that.
    Agreed. Hope it doesn't cost us in the end.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •