Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dwight Howard: Basketball's "Least Inspiring" Star

Ian Thomsen>THE SIXTH MAN

If Lakers can't motivate Howard, then what will?

Is there a less-inspiring star in basketball than Dwight Howard?

The Rockets' center ought to be one of the NBA's most inspiring players. He has the talent to dominate the paint defensively, and now that he's healthy -- which was his excuse, credibly, last season with the Lakers -- he should be commanding his new team's defense from the back. By example, he should be urging his teammates to challenge opponents on the perimeter with the promise that if someone gets loose to the basket, then he'll be there to snuff out the drive. Everyone should be better because he's on the floor. He should be single-handedly starting fast breaks and sprinting to keep up so that he can be active offensively, too.
    Now that he's in Houston, the game really ought to be revolving around him. That is why he is being paid $20,513,178 this season.

Instead, Howard is denying that Thursday's embarrassing 99-98 home loss to the Lakers was a blow to his reputation and his pride. "Every loss hurts," he said afterward, dismissively.
    Howard refused to acknowledge one of the NBA's basic instincts -- to prove to the Lakers (and Kobe Bryant) that he was right and they were wrong -- and if that impulse for redemption doesn't drive Howard, then what will?

---The entire TNT crew (shaq, charles, kenny) harped on this latter point: why was dwight so complacent against his former team? Especially when everyone associated with the lakers have been insulting him non-stop for months on end?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...howard-lakers/

You are slaughtering a dead horse at this point. Let it go...

Someone please close this thread. It's a non-story. The guy has moved on, and everyone else needs to do the same thing.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are.

the way this guy posts bears STRONG resemblance to anther user, Jam. the mods should really double-check to see if they're the same person.

This guy is an idiot. He's done nothing but try his best to **** on Dwight for the last 2 days. He's been making up rumors. Now he has to pull some stupid article with no basis in fact. Who cares? The media always makes up a hate Dwight story for dumb people to buy into. It was the same with LBJ. Not motivated enough. Not a champion. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

In another thread this same OP tried to spread a rumor that Dwight was unhappy in Houston, and when asked to share a link he said he was "unable to". This is the type of guy that ruins this forum.

He needs to be focused and doing what's best for the team. Playing a game to enact some sort of retribution for yourself is exactly how you ruin a team. It's self centered.

In the NFL there was an article written about how Rob Ryan doesn't care that he's playing the Cowboys, and he just wants to win, and everyone praised him for putting the team in front of himself. Now Dwight does the same thing, and you put the bad spin on it. Wah. Grow a brain. Stop believing these dumb articles that just feeds off of your very obvious hate for Dwight.
    Last edited by ztilzer31; 11-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

I see someone who has been indulging himself to some sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    This guy is an idiot. He's done nothing but try his best to **** on Dwight for the last 2 days. He's been making up rumors. Now he has to pull some stupid article with no basis in fact. Who cares? The media always makes up a hate Dwight story for dumb people to buy into. It was the same with LBJ. Not motivated enough. Not a champion. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

In another thread this same OP tried to spread a rumor that Dwight was unhappy in Houston, and when asked to share a link he said he was "unable to". This is the type of guy that ruins this forum.
    to be fair, this guy craps on everyone on the Rockets except for Lin...just like Jam.

How can this bother you guys so much?

Some anonymous person on the internet is saying things that you don't like and you complain to the mods to have him banned.

Do you people have no self control?

You can easily avoid any threads created by him or block him so that you don't have to see his posts.
    Last edited by ThunderousDemon; 11-09-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon View Post

Some anonymous person on the internet is saying things that you don't like and you complain to the mods to have him banned.

You can easily avoid any threads created by him, or block him so that you don't have to see his posts.
    i never once asked the mods to ban him. i asked the mods to double-check to see if him and Jam are the same person. if he is, he'll get banned like he's suppose to. if he's not, he can continue to spew whatever crap he's spewing. there's a difference between that and asking the mods to ban someone outright.

there's also a difference between expressing your opinion and making up crap/spreading rumors/pulling stuff out of your ***.

and i already have him on my ignore list. but i don't have to actually read his posts to know what he's posting cause he posts the same baseless stuff over and over and over and over again in different variations.

A 400 pound man rolls quicker to the basket than Dwight. Its sad when Gasoft and Blake (STEVE Blake) could contain him from getting to the basket on PnRs.

Also I'm surprised there are still morons out there that get excited when they hear Dwight working out in the off-season with X Retired Player on Y Offensive Moves. Dwight has been in the league for about a decade. When you don't get things after 5-6 years, you're not gonna suddenly just get it (there are rare cases to everything).

The horse has been beaten to a pulp...

Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    The horse has been beaten to a pulp...

Too bad the horse is still alive.

But iirc Magic fans were a huge believer in the "Dwight dominating in off season training"

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon View Post

You can easily avoid any threads created by him or block him so that you don't have to see his posts.
    lol, true.

I don't see anything wrong with the thread, his complacency about not having any extra fire against his former team IS kinda weird. You don't really see that in sports these days, EVERYone admits to the extra sweetness associated with beating their former team.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast